HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Kaberle for Jaroslav Spacek - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Excuse makers gonna make excuses.

your Gainey/Gauthier puppet theatre is funny but it doesn't show any realistic scenarios.

Perhaps Gainey commanded Gauthier to strip and throw a dart at a board of hockey cards while holding a sifter of cognac and smoking a cigar. That's a scenario too.
About as realistic as the Director of Scouting being against the acquisition of a player in a major trade.
You mean like how everyone says Savard wanted Kopitar instead of Price and Carter instead of Kostitsyn. Yup assistants lick the balls of their GMs and the GM always agrees.

Like I said, you have your opinions about Gauthier, they are set in stone and they won't change. I'm not going to make judgements about Gauthier as a GM about movements made by other GMs.

I'm not making any excuses, what I see is people grasping at straws and using speculation to bash the current GM.

I never said anything about his past moves, I said a bunch of scenarios are equally as plausible. I'll choose to judge the GM based on moves he is making as a GM, if you want to judge the GM based on stuff you think he did as a Scout, which is based on speculation, you go ahead. The difference is I'm not using speculations to my make my judgements or trying to fit them into my theory. You say I'm making excuses, yet you are the one trying to fabricate a scenario which you zero info on to prove your point.

Also you argument is flawless. You have nothing here defending your side of the story, just you attacking the poster, but hey what else is new from your end earl.

Last edited by Andy: 12-13-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old
12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Habitants

kaberle makes the pp look completely different. much more movement out there which created good chances. only 1 pp goal, but good opportunities and many shots.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:29 PM
holyhabs

2-0 in the Kaberle era.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Yeah, it's their duty to agree to everything the GM said...
I am guessing that Gauthier disagreed with Gainey on everything, that's why Gainey recommended Gauthier be his successor.

Because they are soooo different.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You mean like how everyone says Savard wanted Kopitar instead of Price and Carter instead of Kostitsyn. Yup assistants lick the balls of their GMs and the GM always agrees.

Like I said, you have your opinions about Gauthier, they are set in stone and they won't change. I'm not going to make judgements about Gauthier as a GM about movements made by other GMs.

I'm not making any excuses, what I see is people grasping at straws and using speculation to bash the current GM.

I never said anything about his past moves, I said a bunch of scenarios are equally as plausible. I'll choose to judge the GM based on moves he is making as a GM, if you want to judge the GM based on stuff you think he did as a Scout, which is based on speculation, you go ahead. The difference is I'm not using speculations to my make my judgements or trying to fit them into my theory. You say I'm making excuses, yet you are the one trying to fabricate a scenario which you zero info on to prove your point.

Also you argument is flawless. You have nothing here defending your side of the story, just you attacking the poster, but hey what else is new from your end earl.
I didn't attack you, but if you want to improve your chances in the future, stop passing ridiculous scenarios off as things that likely happened.

It's apparent you have no knowledge of how organizations work if you think that the senior executive in charge of scouting doesn't sign off on players acquired in a trade.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
I am guessing that Gauthier disagreed with Gainey on everything, that's why Gainey recommended Gauthier be his successor.

That's not what people are saying at all. We have no ****ing clue what they agreed or disagreed on, but to think they saw eye to eye on everything is ****ing ridiculous. That is why when judging PG as a GM, you shouldn't include his work as a proscout because you have 0 idea as to what else he recommended, what he disagreed on etc.

If proscouts have so much say, then should we blame the current moves by PG on his current pro-scouts thus leaving PG as a GM uncritcized? No that's stupid.

We have zero-knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes, so how is it reasonable to make a judgment on it? Judge PG's work as a GM. Don't judge his current work as a GM based on speculations about his previous work as a scout.

How is that unreasonable or in anyway making excuses?

Old
12-13-2011, 09:44 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

No need to tell, knew that already.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Andy

Quote:
I didn't attack you, but if you want to improve your chances in the future, stop passing ridiculous scenarios off as things that likely happened.

It's apparent you have no knowledge of how organizations work if you think that the senior executive in charge of scouting doesn't sign off on players acquired in a trade.
You don't have any more knowledge than I do about what on behind the seasons, so stop acting like you do or that your scenarios are more realistic than mine. I'm not even saying mine are what is the case, I'm just saying that based on speculation I could easily concieve of scenarios in which the GM and his proscout disagreed. Miller time presented a list which he just took as one which is exhausted, I don't think that is the case considering I already gave you an instance where we have info where the GM, headscout and another member of the organization disagreed with the Savard example.

It's simple, don't use speculation about Gauthier as a scout to pass judgment on his work as a GM.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
2-0 in the Kaberle era.
Two one-goal games, and a PP goal in each.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Et le But

If things keep going the way they are, I might have to eat crow.

That contract is bad and I'm worried about what he will do on the defensive end, but the power play looks so much better with a guy to organize plays. He seems to have instant chemistry.

It's too early to judge the trade either way, but it's looking good.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If things keep going the way they are, I might have to eat crow.

That contract is bad and I'm worried about what he will do on the defensive end, but the power play looks so much better with a guy to organize plays. He seems to have instant chemistry.

It's too early to judge the trade either way, but it's looking good.
It's two games. I'm turned off by the contract as well, but it is what it is. Let's hope he can help now and that something gets done with the contracts in the summer. We'll judge that part of the trade when it's time. If Gauthier can make room and get everyone signed, it will be easier to swallow.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Two one-goal games, and a PP goal in each.
Yup. Didn't we lost many games by 1 single goal?

that's the different, babe

Old
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
kaberle makes the pp look completely different. much more movement out there which created good chances. only 1 pp goal, but good opportunities and many shots.
Its his poise and puckhandling which the habs were sorely lacking. Wisniewski had this trait last year and Kaberle is bringing it back. All of a sudden, the other PP weapons look more dangerous as a result.

There's no bobbling going on at the blueline with kaberle. Its a little thing but its been killing the habs all year. Teams have to respect the backend now.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Its his poise and puckhandling which the habs were sorely lacking. Wisniewski had this trait last year and Kaberle is bringing it back. All of a sudden, the other PP weapons look more dangerous as a result.
Not having Plekanec on the point is already a big plus.

Glad to see Kaberle getting points for a 4th consecutive games.

So far, it's the steal of the year.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
buddahsmoka1

That is the thing, the back end is now getting respect, which is opening up lanes for the down low play and the slot.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:19 PM
ChoseLa

This organisation should always spend all their bucks on overpaid forwards... God do they know how to find a PP dominator in the course of a season!

Schneider
Bergeron
Wiz
Kaberle

Every year they get one out of their freaking pocket!

Old
12-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

You cling to an unproven belief without anything to back it up. You echo it and reecho it without convincing anyone. You don't fit the definition of an agnostic. You're very certain--I'd say fanatically so.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You cling to an unproven belief without anything to back it up. You echo it and reecho it without convincing anyone. You don't fit the definition of an agnostic. You're very certain--I'd say fanatically so.
I never understood or knew how to pronounce your usename...every time I try "frbbrgrreeddrecK" is what comes out.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I never understood or knew how to pronounce your usename...every time I try "frbbrgrreeddrecK" is what comes out.
For some reason every time I see his username I think it's "turtleneck". I must be watching too much Plekanec or something.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
For some reason every time I see his username I think it's "turtleneck". I must be watching too much Plekanec or something.
Same here!..So Odd.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
A user name isn't meant to be pronounced. It doesn't matter. My real given name is quite common in both English and French families although it would be pronounced differently. But if you really want to vocalize Teufelsdreck, try Toy' fells dreck.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
A user name isn't meant to be pronounced. It doesn't matter. My real given name is quite common in both English and French families although it would be pronounced differently. But if you really want to vocalize Teufelsdreck, try Toy' fells dreck.
I always thought it was "Tu"-"Felz" "Drrrrreck"(Rolling r), I googled it btw...is it of German descent?

Old
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I was willing to give Kaberle a chance and he's done well. He's got a pretty decent breakout pass too at ES.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
m00ks

FFUUUUU Gauthier. You ****ing idiot. Get the **** out of here. The hell were you thinking trading for a defenseman whose SHOT and signed for TWO MORE YEARS. FIRE GAUTHIER.

I'm done with this club.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:22 AM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

I've always been a fan of Kaberle. He is a bit weak in his own end, but the way he moves the puck is beautiful to watch. He has great poise and hockey sense. Breaking out of your zone is very important and Kaberle is good at it. He can get the offense going and generate scoring chances.

Closed Thread