HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Opinion on these two

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
roryb

vCash: 500
Opinion on these two

Just want to see what the general opinion is of these guys form Chicago fans:

Kyle Calder- How good is he really. What are his weaknesses, and what type of numbers do you guys hope from him?

David Bolland- Playing with London in the OHL, don't know much about him, what do you expect of this kid?

Thanks.

Old
12-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryb
Just want to see what the general opinion is of these guys form Chicago fans:

Kyle Calder- How good is he really. What are his weaknesses, and what type of numbers do you guys hope from him?

David Bolland- Playing with London in the OHL, don't know much about him, what do you expect of this kid?

Thanks.

Calder is one of the hardest working players in the league. He is the one of the best players in the league in the corners he protects the puck along the boards as good as anyone in the league. He is not a high end skill player but is still pretty good offensively, especially on set ups. If healthy, I see from him offensively is 20-25 goals and 50-55 points.

I have never seen Bolland play and cant offer anything you havent rad. Just he is a Doug Gilmour type player. A little undersized but ahrdworking and really skilled with the puck. NHL success is not a guarantee with him but he may thrive in the new NHL. I will be interested seeing him in camp next year to see how far he has come along. Putting on ten pounds in the offseason would help immemensely.

Old
12-05-2005, 10:45 PM
who_me?

Calder is hard worker and one of my favorite Hawks the past few years. but..... he's the kind of player who on a breakaway will lose the puck on the way to the net... or just stuff it in the goalie's pads.

Closed Thread