HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senabres top Sabre *troll face*

View Poll Results: Pick 3 stars
Cowen 57 79.17%
Phillips 3 4.17%
Alfredsson 5 6.94%
Lee 16 22.22%
Michalek 8 11.11%
Greening 13 18.06%
Smith 2 2.78%
Spezza 42 58.33%
Neil 2 2.78%
Konopka 3 4.17%
Carkner 4 5.56%
Karlsson 13 18.06%
Foligno 4 5.56%
Anderson 45 62.50%
Other *NAME WHO* 5 6.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM
  #51
Mercurial
#lalala
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Score in the title again. Not cool man.
How about you don't come in the forum if you haven't watched the game and don't want to know what the score is. It's not rocket science.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM
  #52
PatrickEaves
We Lost
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Yeah, don't get why. Especially when I'm trying to test something out
I just merged the threads. The system picked that one. (I think it's because it was posted first)

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:52 PM
  #53
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,597
vCash: 500
TravisHeHateMe Travis Yost
Told that Milan Michalek's injury does not initially appear to be serious. They'll know more tomorrow, but for now, breathe easy. #NHL


Really hope that's true...

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:00 AM
  #54
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.
 
Uncle Eugene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Barbados
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
My thoughts:



Brian Lee isn't getting enough credit for the game he played tonight. Keep it up Butters and your ice time will only increase.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:07 AM
  #55
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
How about you don't come in the forum if you haven't watched the game and don't want to know what the score is. It's not rocket science.
I did watch the game. I'm just saying it because quite a few people have made the request so that they can still visit the boards despite not having watched the game yet. It's hardly an unreasonable request either.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
  #56
DrEasy
Waiting for Methot
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
I could only watch the third period and OT, but I thought everybody played a terrific game (except maybe for Rundblad who made a few bad decisions). We won every puck battle and pretty much dominated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
I did watch the game. I'm just saying it because quite a few people have made the request so that they can still visit the boards despite not having watched the game yet. It's hardly an unreasonable request either.
When you miss a game, it's fun to relive it by reading the GDT. Seeing the final score in the title spoils it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
They should get Lydon Slewidge to perform this before or after O Canada.
Even better, he should sing it at the end of the game after each trololol job!

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:42 AM
  #57
SelleckStache
Registered User
 
SelleckStache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,773
vCash: 650
Without Kuba and Gonchar, Rundblad's learning curve just got a bit steeper.. Looks like he'll be OK though

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:50 AM
  #58
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Three stars:

1. Spezza
2. Anderson
3. Greening

Greening quietly had himself a very good game. Great fight, a scoring chance on a breakaway and some solid plays all night.

Cowen wasn't as good as he's been in these past few games, but still had a solid effort.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 01:24 AM
  #59
Sens16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 500
1st Star - Anderson - Sabres broke through too many times and had a lot of chances point blank. Anderson kept the game close and made a lot of big saves.

2nd Star - Spezza - Not a dominant game but showed some life and had 2 assists.

3rd Star - Cowen - Got the game winner in ot and played a solid game.

Turnovers in their own zone almost killed the Sens tonight, their going to have to tighten up defensively if they want to beat the Bruins.

Sens16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:11 AM
  #60
DrEasy
Waiting for Methot
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
Regin wasn't on the poll list!? Daugy also had a solid game.

(edit: nevermind, there's a "other" option)

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:36 AM
  #61
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
How come nobody has mentioned Rundblad yet?

At 24, Rundblad will likely be better than Brian Lee, but right now? This is what happens when you let NHL players play once in awhile.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:52 AM
  #62
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
How come nobody has mentioned Rundblad yet?

At 24, Rundblad will likely be better than Brian Lee, but right now? This is what happens when you let NHL players play once in awhile.
He's young.

For the majority of the season he has looked better than Lee. Lee looked good tonight and Rundblad had a few mistakes. It happens. Players have off nights (or off weeks, or off months.)

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:47 AM
  #63
krapsik
Registered User
 
krapsik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Country: Estonia
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Not overall good game by Sens. Especially first 7 minutes of the second, looks like neverending PP for Buffalo. But i take 2 points like that in a heart bit.

Andersson, Cowen, Karlsson
Foligno impresses me game after game.

krapsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:52 AM
  #64
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!
 
The Turret's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 50
Rundblad needs time in the AHL to build some type of confidence with his decisions in D and O zone, he's to slow with decisions right now. I don't think he is developing very good right now playing like bambi out there. Just my opinion though.

Hopefully he'll get sent down when Kuba and Gonchar returns.

Nice comeback win and what a game by Lee and Cowen, both excelling with more minutes to their game.

Go sens

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:54 AM
  #65
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,270
vCash: 500
Any word on Michalek's injury?

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:52 AM
  #66
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
That was Phillips. Cowen did have a turnover where he got his pocket picked and took a penalty shortly after cause of the buffalo scoring chance. I liked his game tonight and was nice to see him play the PP with Karlsson.
One goal came off the Foligno/Karlsson miscue (started with a Phillips errant pass), the other came from a Rundblad errant pass.


Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 12-14-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:01 AM
  #67
Asquaredx2
Registered User
 
Asquaredx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500


How does that even happen, Sportsnet?

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
  #68
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
He's young.

For the majority of the season he has looked better than Lee. Lee looked good tonight and Rundblad had a few mistakes. It happens. Players have off nights (or off weeks, or off months.)
This just isn't true.

While Rundblad definitely has shown offensive potential, he really hasn't played that well overall in many games this year.

DR is having real problems with his defensive reads, causing him to react slower than is necessary in the defensive zone. As well he still isn't respecting the speed of NHL play, resulting in poor decisions at the offensive blue line, and he is definitely soft on his coverages.

It is obvious DR is used to being one of the fastest guys on the ice, with plenty of space to use his skills. On the smaller ice surface he has less time to make decisions and/or use his speed and puck handling skill and it shows in his play.

DR would benefit a great deal from a month or two playing top pairing minutes in the AHL, similar to Karlsson.

Comparing him to Lee is quite simply foolish.


Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 12-14-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
  #69
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
This just isn't true.

While Rundblad definitely has shown offensive potential, he really hasn't played that well overall in many games this year.

DR is having real problems with his defensive reads, causing him to react slower than is necessary in the defensive zone. As well he still isn't respecting the speed of NHL play, resulting in poor decisions at the offensive blue line, and he is definitely soft on his coverages.

It is obvious DR is used to being one of the fastest guys on the ice, with plenty of space to use his skills. On the smaller ice surface he has less time to make decisions and/or use his speed and puck handling skill and it shows in his play.

DR would benefit a great deal from a month or two playing top pairing minutes in the AHL, similar to Karlsson.

Comparing him to Lee is quite simply foolish.
Pretty much agree with everything here. Whenever Gonch and/or Kuba is back Rundblad should definitely be sent down. He has the potential but as you mentioned needs to pretty much adjust his game to a smaller rink and build some confidence.

Right now you can see he's not very confident with carrying the puck. If he's not being rushed off it, he's looking for a quick pass to just get it off his stick, which isn't his best option most of the time.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
  #70
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post


How does that even happen, Sportsnet?
Really? This surprises you? The game that Giroux seized the scoring lead, they referred to him as Gi-Ro on both his goals... Its like calling Lupul "Le-Pool"

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:40 AM
  #71
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
This just isn't true.

While Rundblad definitely has shown offensive potential, he really hasn't played that well overall in many games this year.

DR is having real problems with his defensive reads, causing him to react slower than is necessary in the defensive zone. As well he still isn't respecting the speed of NHL play, resulting in poor decisions at the offensive blue line, and he is definitely soft on his coverages.

It is obvious DR is used to being one of the fastest guys on the ice, with plenty of space to use his skills. On the smaller ice surface he has less time to make decisions and/or use his speed and puck handling skill and it shows in his play.

DR would benefit a great deal from a month or two playing top pairing minutes in the AHL, similar to Karlsson.

Comparing him to Lee is quite simply foolish.
It wasn't long ago that Lee was getting berated for being exposed as the 7th defenceman that he is because he was blowing coverages and not doing well on the back-end. He was completely invisible for the majority of the first 80% of the season. Rundblad hasn't been spectacular by any means, but when he first stepped up in the NHL he was confident with the puck, made some nice things happen and he was 'decent' in his own end. He played decent positional hockey and wasn't turning over the puck nearly as often as he does now. It looks to me like after the Boston game his confidence was seriously shaken -- there's a clear difference in his play from then when he got benched soon after (I believe he got one more game with low icetime then he was benched for Lee...and in that time Lee did absolutely nothing.)

Lee is definitely playing better now but this is a classic case of 'what have you done for me lately.' The same argument was made when Lee was playing while Rundblad was benched. He's had a few bad games and all of a sudden that's being applied to his play the whole year.

Overall Rundblad was better than Lee up to this point. Now you can see that Rundblad is clearly struggling and Lee is starting to up his game to the levels he was playing to close out last year. I was one of Lee's biggest supporters last year and throughout this whole time (though I have included him in trade proposals.)

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:55 AM
  #72
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,941
vCash: 500
Lee and Rundblad have been inconsistent this year, to a similar degree.

They've both had off nights....but the fact of the matter is, Rundblad's bad nights are clearly worse than Lee's bad nights.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
  #73
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
It wasn't long ago that Lee was getting berated for being exposed as the 7th defenceman that he is because he was blowing coverages and not doing well on the back-end. He was completely invisible for the majority of the first 80% of the season. Rundblad hasn't been spectacular by any means, but when he first stepped up in the NHL he was confident with the puck, made some nice things happen and he was 'decent' in his own end. He played decent positional hockey and wasn't turning over the puck nearly as often as he does now. It looks to me like after the Boston game his confidence was seriously shaken -- there's a clear difference in his play from then when he got benched soon after (I believe he got one more game with low icetime then he was benched for Lee...and in that time Lee did absolutely nothing.)

Lee is definitely playing better now but this is a classic case of 'what have you done for me lately.' The same argument was made when Lee was playing while Rundblad was benched. He's had a few bad games and all of a sudden that's being applied to his play the whole year.

Overall Rundblad was better than Lee up to this point. Now you can see that Rundblad is clearly struggling and Lee is starting to up his game to the levels he was playing to close out last year. I was one of Lee's biggest supporters last year and throughout this whole time (though I have included him in trade proposals.)
I am not going to get in a 'bun fight' over Rundblad vs Lee.

IMO Lee has been and continues to be the better player for the Sens.

By saying that I am not in any way suggesting Rundblad isn't going to be an excellent NHL player in the future.


Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 12-14-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:18 AM
  #74
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Lee and Rundblad have been inconsistent this year, to a similar degree.

They've both had off nights....but the fact of the matter is, Rundblad's bad nights are clearly worse than Lee's bad nights.
This applies to every player who has played defence for the Sens this year.

However I wasn't talking about inconsistent play, that is something that happens to most NHLers over the course of an 82 game schedule.

IMO DR is just struggling with the speed and space (lack of) of the NHL game. I believe he would benefit significantly from a stint in the AHL playing 20+ minutes a night, adjusting his game to the NA rink and style.

I have wondered why the Sens kept him in Ottawa while sitting him in the pressbox for 18 of the first 30 games.

When Kuba and Gonchar return, I really can't see Rundblad not being sent to Bingo, unless he would opt for the SEL instead.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
  #75
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
I'm fine with Rundblad learning on the job up here.

Difference between him and Lee is that Lee has no future with the Senators. He's a mediocre third pairing defensive defenseman with very little room to improve.

I'd rather give Rundblad third pairing minutes with some second unit PP time than play Lee, even though for the time being Lee may be the better player.

We gotta remember, Erik Karlsson wasn't NHL ready for most of his rookie season either. I remember people being infuriated that Murray kept him up here before and after his AHL stint. After being recalled, it took him 20 games or so to start playing like he belonged in the NHL.

I'm okay with taking the same route with Rundblad.

EDIT: Not to say I'm against some seasoning in the AHL. It could do him some good, but if a spot in Ottawa is up for grabs between Rundblad and Lee, I'd save a seat in the press box for Lee.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.