HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Lars Eller Thread

View Poll Results: What would you do with Lars Eller?
Try and play him more for trade bait? 6 3.14%
Play him with better line mates? 141 73.82%
Let him finish the year and see how it goes? 44 23.04%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
F***ing doughboy is such a weak p****.

Keep your head up and turn into a machine lars.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:10 PM
RE-HABS

Probably a little F-U from Shanny cause of dispute with Pacioretty.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:12 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

That's like paying a bag of chips for Eller (and not eating it, of course).

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:30 PM
zx81

Pretty ridiculous. Are they going to fine players for every minute of penalty from now on or what ?

I find it surprising that the NHLPA is agreeing with this crap.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Wouldn't be surprised at a 2 minute penalty. I am surprised at a fine.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:09 PM
sammy d

Shanny is starting to loose it.

Eller, fined for first hit he made this year...dam.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Habs13

...another step towards me no longer watching nhl "hockey"

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Halifaxhab*

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Shanny is starting to loose it.

Eller, fined for first hit he made this year...dam.
You must not follow how Eller plays if you think he had his first hit in December. What is this misconception about every hab player that if they don't hit everything that moves, they are either not physical or don't hit?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

The Evolution of Lars Eller

What I really like about Eller is his willingness to become a more complete player. He wants to be like Tomas Plekanec where he is relied on in all situations, and he puts alot of work in his craft.

Like Tomas, Eller spends alot of time at the rink to continually improve himself, and Martin has lauded both players for their professionalism and work ethic.

You can see Martin gradually increasing his trust in eller and using him in a key 2 way role. Sure, he's making mistakes in the process but Martin seems to appreciate Eller's drive to become that player.

We know about his frame, speed, and skillset, but if he can embrace this 2 way game and add it to his repertiore, he will be valuable no matter is he fills out as a 40 point guy or a 70 point guy.

The way he's evolving at the moment, he reminds me a little bit of marian hossa. I'm not saying he's going to have the same type of production necessarily, but his playing style and skillset seems similar. The other obvious difference is that one plays wing and the other plays centre but you catch my drift.

Eller has come a long way from this time last year where he was a fringe guy playing on the wing.

Do you guys agree that Eller is becoming that multi-dimensional centre?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
He's more or less becoming Niklas Sundstrom. But that's okay, you need a Sundstromé

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Habs Junkie

Great game by Lars!!! He is becoming one of our best forwards. You can tell how good he will become by the talent he's playing with. Hes always paired up with someone different and put in defensive roles but always comes out playing solid hockey! I hope he becomes like Plecanek and would love to see how he does with some real talent on his wings.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
He's more or less becoming Niklas Sundstrom. But that's okay, you need a Sundstromé
I think all the skills are there, he just needs a little finish to be a start.

He`s 22, he`s got the time to develop that finish.

I really feel like he`s close to breaking out. Remember Plekanec was 24 and it took him 1 1/2 NHL seasons before he broke out in the second half of the 06-07 season.

I really think Eller is gonna break out either later this year or early next season.

He's got a good wrist shot and release... the day he starts using it more, is the day the breakout comes as it will open up the ice for him, give him more room out there.

He could use some better wingers to play with too.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

His release is getting quicker. I think if he can score one his luck would start to change, he had 2-3 good chances to score last night.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His release is getting quicker. I think if he can score one his luck would start to change, he had 2-3 good chances to score last night.
I think the release is good. He just doesn't have confidence to use his shot as much as he should.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:39 AM

Eller is going to have to learn to make quicker decisions with the puck...he often holds on to it a split second too long.

Other than that, he's coming along nicely...I like that the coaching staff has given him a role he can grow into.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Jigger77

Too bad he wasn't able to pull the trigger on that rush when he went through the D there. Would've been a highlight reel goal for sure. Nice moves!

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
I think all the skills are there, he just needs a little finish to be a start.

He`s 22, he`s got the time to develop that finish.

I really feel like he`s close to breaking out. Remember Plekanec was 24 and it took him 1 1/2 NHL seasons before he broke out in the second half of the 06-07 season.

I really think Eller is gonna break out either later this year or early next season.

He's got a good wrist shot and release... the day he starts using it more, is the day the breakout comes as it will open up the ice for him, give him more room out there.

He could use some better wingers to play with too.
He found a little Finnish on the game winner last night!

Great pass and some world class moves earlier. (Just saw highlights)

Very exciting to watch him grow, when he fills out going to be hard to stop.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
that play where he split the D and almost (damn you toe) deked montoya out of his underwear was just beautiful to watch. all the while never losing control of the puck even one bit.

he will find his finish eventually, it's just a matter of time.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Eller is going to have to learn to make quicker decisions with the puck...he often holds on to it a split second too long.

Other than that, he's coming along nicely...I like that the coaching staff has given him a role he can grow into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
that play where he split the D and almost (damn you toe) deked montoya out of his underwear was just beautiful to watch. all the while never losing control of the puck even one bit.

he will find his finish eventually, it's just a matter of time.
the skills are clearly there, and i agree with MD, "it's just a matter of time"...

or more precisely, "just a matter of timing".

seems as though his timing is just a touch of from allowing him to do incredible things consistently.

was at a flames game vs Blackhawks not too long ago... Toews, Hossa & Kane stood up clearly above the rest (with Sharp & Iginla showing occasional signs of the same type of thing) in terms of how they see & use the time & space around them to make plays... or more importantly, to TRY to make plays.

I see a lot of the same with Eller... he has the vision and the poise to look for and go after those kinds of plays.

i think at this stage, what's keeping him from putting it all together and having a dominating impact, is timing... which comes from confidence imo.

he has the skill/vision/poise to do the things those types of elite players do, but he strikes me as hesitating just a touch too much... which either leads him to being a split second too late, or at times, to rushing a play when he needs to slow it down just a bit.

not wanting it to be taken as "bashing", i honestly think that the impact of playing for a coach like JM is hurting him in that regard. the 'short leash' he gets, despite playing with more intensity and often more effectivness than older players whose mistakes are more easily ignored/forgiven, can only be hurting his confidence, making him second guess how he should play & how much he should trust his instincts.

Eller needs to play for a coach that recognizes his skill level and encourages him to "figure it out", instead of trying to force him into a certain mould/type.

hopefully, the impact of playing such a restricting type of game won't be big enough to hold back his eventual break through, but not every player has the sheer "gusto" of a Subban, so the longer it takes for Eller to "earn" an impact role under JM, the more we risk loosing out on his huge upside... as far as I see it.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:23 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
was at a flames game vs Blackhawks not too long ago... Toews, Hossa & Kane stood up clearly above the rest (with Sharp & Iginla showing occasional signs of the same type of thing) in terms of how they see & use the time & space around them to make plays... or more importantly, to TRY to make plays.
Do you find watching games live, you can observe things that you never notice on tv?

I find it like night and day when I see a game live. Like its almost not even the same game.

Watching a game live, can totally make superstars stand out literally miles above everyone else, little things that you never see on tv.

There are so many nuances to hockey that the camera doesn't pick up imo. Its what separates the stars from everyone else but you don't see the difference on tv except for the highlight real stuff.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote