HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moves Coming?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2011, 03:04 PM
  #26
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Time to call up Akeson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
probably Wellwood first, if he's healthy. Hopefully Schenn won't be out for too much longer, this is a great opportunity for he and Couturier.
Pretty sure Wellwood is still hurt. I'd give Akeson a shot, but since we are pretty much just trying to get a 4th line player, one has to think Holmstrom is the one called up.

If they are willing to put Talbot as the 4th line center and Akeson in the top 9 then that would be fine. Highly doubt that happens.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:28 PM
  #27
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post

double edit: I feel like the most sensible reason for waiving Nodl I can imagine is that they were trying to do him a favor and give him a chance to play somewhere as they were feeling like there was too much of a logjam here. And now we could use him of course...all it took was a couple injuries, too bad we didn't hang onto him.
It had nothing to do with giving him an opportunity elsewhere and everything to do with freeing up a contract slot, IMO. Nodl had plenty of chances over the last few seasons to break into the top 9, and for the most part, he failed to do it. Read's emergence, combined with the solid 4th-line contirbution of guys like Rinaldo and Harry Z, made him expendable. He was one of the few guys we could afford to lose on waivers that actually had some value.

(NB, I have not, will not, and shall not imply that Holmgren could have gotten something for him. No need to reopen THAT can again. )

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:37 PM
  #28
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
You would think they would have called someone up already with only one day in between games. I guess they figured he wouldn't be practicing with the team today so it doesn't matter?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:41 PM
  #29
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You would think they would have called someone up already with only one day in between games. I guess they figured he wouldn't be practicing with the team today so it doesn't matter?
I have a feeling they think Schenn is close to returning... They will do this two game road trip with Shelley in the lineup or Schenn coming back for the Montreal game. If they still need someone by the time Boston comes around then they will make the call-up. Just my opinion. But I have to think Schenn is close to returning making the trip and all

Also the one move I could see the Flyers doing towards the deadline is getting a third/fourth line center who can win faceoffs. Also picking up a dman, but not a stud like Weber and Suter

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
  #30
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I have a feeling they think Schenn is close to returning... They will do this two game road trip with Shelley in the lineup or Schenn coming back for the Montreal game. If they still need someone by the time Boston comes around then they will make the call-up. Just my opinion. But I have to think Schenn is close to returning making the trip and all

Also the one move I could see the Flyers doing towards the deadline is getting a third/fourth line center who can win faceoffs. Also picking up a dman, but not a stud like Weber and Suter
Yeah if Schenn is close I guess they wouldn't need to make a call up at this point.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:53 PM
  #31
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
I would not expect any moves. This is a strong team but there are no spare parts left for a trade with all recent injuries.

Just try to survive somehow and hope some of the guys will be back soon (Schenn, Gustafson,...)

Hope that Pronger will be ready for the playoffs - familiar situation, unfortunately.
Giroux is the key piece for them if the want a shot at the cup. You never know with concussions. Some players are never the same again and others are struggling for a long time until they get their A+ play back (see Lupul Joffrey).

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
  #32
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I don't want to make a move tbh. We have some depth, we can survive. Now if it turns out Giroux and Pronger are out REALLY long term, then that's another story.
agreed

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:05 PM
  #33
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Pretty sure Wellwood is still hurt. I'd give Akeson a shot, but since we are pretty much just trying to get a 4th line player, one has to think Holmstrom is the one called up.

If they are willing to put Talbot as the 4th line center and Akeson in the top 9 then that would be fine. Highly doubt that happens.
On a short term callup I'd be just fine with Holmstrom, Testwuide, Kalinsky Akeson or a healthy Wellwood. I'd only want to see Akeson in a scoring role though. I think making a roster move outside of the org isn't needed unless Giroux is out for the season or something like that.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
  #34
bryzgalovsky*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
No.

Who would we move, and who would we get?

With Giroux and Schenn out we no longer have a surplus of forwards, and with Pronger and Gustafsson out our defense is sad. All we could trade is Bobrovsky/Bryzgalov plus a draft pick.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:25 AM
  #35
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah if Schenn is close I guess they wouldn't need to make a call up at this point.
Meltzer has listed Schenn on LTIR in his latest gameday post on hockeybuzz.
Does not sound like a quick return to me.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:42 AM
  #36
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
I think we should just stay as is... there are some obvious moves I would like to make, like waiving shelley and maybe picking up a defense man....

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:35 AM
  #37
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,068
vCash: 500
Only fix it if its broken right now we are playing good i think we laps in the 3rd to much but right now we are WINNING so maybe a callup thats it....

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:08 AM
  #38
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
While I wouldn't mind seeing a depth dman added, for the cost of a pick and/or prospect not on the roster, I don't think we need to rush anything.

We're getting solid d out of Bourdon and Marshall is holding up as well as a stop gap. Gustafsson looked pretty decent right before his injury hit.

On offense, we're deep enough to have a few injuries. Even if Schenn is out for awhile still, our top nine looks pretty solid and while a fourth line of Shelley-Zolnierczyk-Rinaldo isn't all that great, it's not bad enough to necessitate a trade either. Against the Caps they looked pretty decent even.

If Schenn is out for a bit longer, it might be a good idea to call up someone like Holmstrom though, to fill in at center at times (he could also slot in on the pk if needed) It's only if Giroux is out for the season we really need to look at anything there imo.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:43 AM
  #39
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
While I wouldn't mind seeing a depth dman added, for the cost of a pick and/or prospect not on the roster, I don't think we need to rush anything.

We're getting solid d out of Bourdon and Marshall is holding up as well as a stop gap. Gustafsson looked pretty decent right before his injury hit.

On offense, we're deep enough to have a few injuries. Even if Schenn is out for awhile still, our top nine looks pretty solid and while a fourth line of Shelley-Zolnierczyk-Rinaldo isn't all that great, it's not bad enough to necessitate a trade either. Against the Caps they looked pretty decent even.

If Schenn is out for a bit longer, it might be a good idea to call up someone like Holmstrom though, to fill in at center at times (he could also slot in on the pk if needed) It's only if Giroux is out for the season we really need to look at anything there imo.
If that actually happens we don't go nowhere this season.
It's not like you can replace a first line center and league leading goal scorer via trade. You just call up some scrub to fill the roster spot and start planning for the next season imho.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:33 AM
  #40
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Hartnell - Schenn - Jagr; Simmonds - Briere - JVR; Read - Talbot - Voracek; Zolnierczyk - Couturier - Rinaldo.

That should be enough to hold the fort during the regular season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
If that actually happens we don't go nowhere this season.
It's not like you can replace a first line center and league leading goal scorer via trade. You just call up some scrub to fill the roster spot and start planning for the next season imho.
Right now Giroux is indefinite. If he misses the entire season, it will happen because he remains "indefinite" for the remainder of the season. I highly doubt there will be any "Giroux out for the season" type announcements at any point, because I don't think that's something they will be able to figure out. The situation is unpredictable.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.