HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am not going to complain...oh wait, I am.

Old
12-14-2011, 06:11 AM
MAYO

vCash: 500
I'm not so annoyed that we lost a 1-0 game as much as we had no edge to our game. Without starting another Avery debate, we need this guy on the bench. we were flat, and it's in these types of games that he can come off the bench and create some sort of spark. Boyle is half the player he was last year, Mitch is a dump and chase type of player, Rupp won't add anything we don't already have in Boyle. Get Avery back in this bloody line up already!!!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:11 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Boyle couldn't hit the net with a sniper rifle.

Del Zotto..the same. He's playing an overall better game, but if he shoots wide right and sends it all the way back down the ice again, I'm driving to New York and swapping his sticks out.

Avery does not belong in the pressbox in favor of EC. EC does not fit this team at all. I don't like having him in there solely for shootout prowess. Here's a thought...win the damn game in regulation.

Dubi...

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:21 AM
bmw2004

1) I was at the game last night. My god, it was such a stupid play by Woywitka . He wasn't pressured at all on that play. He just softly passed the puck to the opposing team player. It looked to me like he did this on purpose.
2) Rangers received a gift from the refs a minute after and went on the power play which was terrible. They looked like they were panicking out there and couldn't finish it. Rangers played overall a good game. They pressured Dallas most of the time and were good in the defensive zone, except one inexcusable play by Woywitka.
3) I'll say this again: if they want to win a tight game like yesterday with a tight score, they must use special teams to their advantage and score on the power ****ing play.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:27 AM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Boyle couldn't hit the net with a sniper rifle.

Del Zotto..the same. He's playing an overall better game, but if he shoots wide right and sends it all the way back down the ice again, I'm driving to New York and swapping his sticks out.

Avery does not belong in the pressbox in favor of EC. EC does not fit this team at all. I don't like having him in there solely for shootout prowess. Here's a thought...win the damn game in regulation.

Dubi...
I agree about Avery, but he only plays like 5-7 min a game. Torts won't give him more minutes. He hates him.

Old
12-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Shadowtron

I did my Insanity workout and then decided to skip the Rangers in favor of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas! Looks like it was a wise decision LOL. Whether it was a bad play by Woywitka, or a soft goal by Hank, or a weak PP...whatever it was, you're just not going to win them all. By all accounts it was a very dull, very tight game. Best just to sweep this sleeper under the rug and hope the Rangers have more to bring to St. Louis as that should be a pretty tough game.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Esa 10

I missed a couple of games before last night, but the one thing that really surprised me was Gaborik taken off the 1st PP unit. Now, I'm not suggesting he was a lock to tie up the game, but how do you keep your leading scorer off the ice until the last 30 seconds of a PP with under 5 minutes left in the game? Has this been going on for awhile now? I haven't read any media people question Torts about this after the game. A really curious move.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I missed a couple of games before last night, but the one thing that really surprised me was Gaborik taken off the 1st PP unit. Now, I'm not suggesting he was a lock to tie up the game, but how do you keep your leading scorer off the ice until the last 30 seconds of a PP with under 5 minutes left in the game? Has this been going on for awhile now? I haven't read any media people question Torts about this after the game. A really curious move.
Why do they need Gabs on the power play when we have Boyle?

Old
12-14-2011, 08:49 AM
JimmyStart*

The way I see it is if you watch a TV show some episodes of a season are going to suck. But TV shows are generally only 10 or so episodes so one bad one is really going to piss you off. Teams should be looked at in chunks I think it's nuts to react to every individual game you'll just be miserable. I thank this team because between this year and last year we've had a lot of absolutely fantastic "episodes" Best "show" on TV these Rangers for me. Can't thank the team enough for providing way more good than bad

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:07 AM
beastly115

It sounds like it's just me but I though the Rangers played a decent game last night. Give Dallas some credit, they blocked a lot of shots and kept us to the outside most of the night. The better team won last night. On to the next one.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I'm all for Dubi getting a night off and watching a game from up top.
him and boyle. guys about 1/2 boyle's size are somehow separating him from the puck with their body along the boards. it's like he got his check and doesn't care.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:47 AM
frankthefrowner

it wasnt a good game no doubt... but even president trophy winning teams lose. We are going to lose more games leading up the playoffs and we cant flip out after everyone.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Hensch

This Tread.... WOW... one game out of 82...

Rangers played a great game with the exception of one mistake that cost them a goal... Relax, Dallas played well and trapped the hell outta us... it happens, we are not going to win every game... as much as we all would like to, where is the positive thread? We are off to a fantastic start considering our injuries to Staal, Rupp, Wolski and Sauer all of which would be playing in our starting line up... We are a good team, we will rebound from games like this... all good teams do, and if you don't think we are a good team, go cheer for the isles, i'm pretty sure they need some fans

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
It sounds like it's just me but I though the Rangers played a decent game last night. Give Dallas some credit, they blocked a lot of shots and kept us to the outside most of the night. The better team won last night. On to the next one.
I'm with you. Dallas played a hell of a defensive game. Gaborik in particular was never given any time or space (he's an opportunist more than anything, and when there are no opportunities, he isn't usually going to score). And Bachman made a couple of very good saves when he needed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
it wasnt a good game no doubt... but even president trophy winning teams lose. We are going to lose more games leading up the playoffs and we cant flip out after everyone.
Everyone need only think back to the 1-0 game we won against the Canucks last year to think of a time when we were on the winning end of this kind of effort. Back then everyone said "We played such a great defensive game!" Now, when we're on the other side of it, Dallas gets no credit at all, Tortorella is an awful coach who hates Avery and doesn't give Gaborik enough PP time, and people are just generally tweaking out and overreacting.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Hensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post

Everyone need only think back to the 1-0 game we won against the Canucks last year to think of a time when we were on the winning end of this kind of effort. Back then everyone said "We played such a great defensive game!" Now, when we're on the other side of it, Dallas gets no credit at all, Tortorella is an awful coach who hates Avery and doesn't give Gaborik enough PP time, and people are just generally tweaking out and overreacting.

Thank you, great post...

Last edited by hototogisu: 12-15-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
NYRKindms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
him and boyle. guys about 1/2 boyle's size are somehow separating him from the puck with their body along the boards. it's like he got his check and doesn't care.
I blame Boyle's mom.

If you saw the "Beginnings" they spent a lot of time on how Brian was sooo much bigger than the other kids that his mom worried he would hurt them. That other parents always thought he was much older than the other kids because he was so big etc. They had to be sure he was gentle and didn't hurt anyone. IMHO they basically hamstrung the kid and he never learned how to play physical. Hell even his college coach said he wasn't very physical when he got to college. it took a few seasons to teach him to be physical (or whatever you would call what Boyle does now).

You are 6'9" 200+ you should be scaring the crap out of people on the ice, running over them.

NYRKindms is online now   Reply With Quote