HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Dude, I love Canada, love Canadians and there is a lot of respect for you guys. I feel that way 345 days a year. The WJC brings out the worst in me.
This.

My fan interest goes USA>Canada>Sweden>everyone else. I unfortunately have no ethnic rooting interests since I'm of Irish lineage.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:45 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Thomas had a chance to make the team like Virginia Tech has a chance to make the tourney every March. Only a homer would believe it could happen.
Been reading the Canada WJC thread a little too much?

He had just as good of a shot of making as the team as about any other winger. And he was a perfect candidate for the 13th forward spot.

His skills may not translate to the NHL as well as Howden or DSP (who is one of the most overrated prospects I've ever seen) or Connolly, but he has proven at the junior level he is a more effective scorer then all of these players. His skating is also very impressive, which holds a guy like Toffolli back.

Had 2 surprise NHL players not been sent back, both of whom were left wingers, Thomas would be on this team, very likely in a top 6 role. That really ****ed him, and it's a situation that isn't common on a year by year basis.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 14, 2011 9:20a

Rangers prospect Christian Thomas: 'I thought I did enough'

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/markhmasters/stat...57766190313472

The WJC is nice but look at Garth Murray and Nigel Dawes.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Nich

Tim Erixon has been recalled by @TheNYRangers.

@CTWhale

Old
12-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

WJC I hate Canada with a passion. I hate the fans, the players, and the arena ().

USA>Sweden>Canada

Like German, my respect for Canadians flies out the window come WJC and especially the Winter Olympics

It's Miller time!

Old
12-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Erixon recalled. I guess Woywitka bought himself a bus ticket ton Hartford last night

Old
12-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Erixon recalled. I guess Woywitka bought himself a bus ticket ton Hartford last night
More concerned that it has something to do with McD sliding hard into the boards

Old
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
More concerned that it has something to do with McD sliding hard into the boards
I'm not. He didn't miss a shift and played the rest of the game. He's fine.

I'm more concerned it means Sauer is long-term...

Old
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
Or Eminger taking that shot to the hand and ankle.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:56 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Dude, I love Canada, love Canadians and there is a lot of respect for you guys. I feel that way 345 days a year. The WJC brings out the worst in me.
Understandable

Some guys here find time to bash us (hockey related, of course) even when nothing is going on.

But we do love our WJC.

Which reminds me, it was so bittersweet that year you guys won. Eberle was magical, but you could tell Stepan was going to be something special. Kreider and Bourque played well too. Behind supporting Canada, I try to watch every Rangers' prospect play. Unfortunately, I don't think we have much this year.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:59 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I'm not. He didn't miss a shift and played the rest of the game. He's fine.

I'm more concerned it means Sauer is long-term...
Well he's not with the team. Short term is certainly ruled out here unfortunately. I for one am excited. Kid has played great in Hartford and now he's getting the call. I didn't think he played bad in his first stint, just a bad learning situation for him to be in. Woywitka is definitely taking a seat. Emminger has been fine and Stallman didn't look terrible last night.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Reports from eye witnesses that watched the practices and games said Thomas stood out more then any other bubble player. He should have made it.

Oh well, hopefully Canada chokes big time in the tournament and Thomas goes on to score 40 more goals in the remaining OHL season.

So is Miller the only player we have in the WJCs this year?

Old
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinFan62 View Post
Reports from eye witnesses that watched the practices and games said Thomas stood out more then any other bubble player. He should have made it.

Oh well, hopefully Canada chokes big time in the tournament and Thomas goes on to score 40 more goals in the remaining OHL season.

I watched all the games and he was impressive, the problem was that Hay wanted big defensive players on the bottom two lines. The second problem is that he is considered an offensive player and for an offensive player he didn't finish enough. He certainly, overall, had a better camp then Pearson who showed up one night against weak competition.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:50 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinFan62 View Post

Ceresnak will most likely play for Slovakia.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
I watched all the games and he was impressive, the problem was that Hay wanted big defensive players on the bottom two lines. The second problem is that he is considered an offensive player and for an offensive player he didn't finish enough. He certainly, overall, had a better camp then Pearson who showed up one night against weak competition.
I think he would have been perfect for the 13th forward.

And even though he's not big, CT's a tenacious forechecker and I think he could have been a fine replacement on the bottom 6 if an injury occurred.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:00 AM
MSG the place to be*

For Canada its a one game do or die - the gold medal game. They have to pick the team that will be able to strap it up for that one game and pull out the win.

It's not about who can be player of the game vs Sri Lanka.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
LOL Oleksiak made the team. You couldn't find me a better example of tampering or under-the-table negotiating.
As a Canadian...I agree. If he makes it as anything other then the 7th dman I will not be impressed.

The issue with Thomas is that his slow start hurt him (obviously he was coming on strong recently) and that he isn't a two way forward. I am not saying he is only offense, and in fact I like his defensive game, but he doesn't focus enough on defense for them to pick him.

I don't think I agree with the mentality Canada seems to be choosing. Remember they left of RNH last year because they wanted a responsible defensive two way team. Look how that worked out for us.

Last edited by TreeSapLlama: 12-14-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: put oleksiak as 13th forward rather then 7th d
Old
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
As a Canadian...I agree. If he makes it as anything other then a 13th forward I will not be impressed.

The issue with Thomas is that his slow start hurt him (obviously he was coming on strong recently) and that he isn't a two way forward. I am not saying he is only offense, and in fact I like his defensive game, but he doesn't focus enough on defense for them to pick him.

I don't think I agree with the mentality Canada seems to be choosing. Remember they left of RNH last year because they wanted a responsible defensive two way team. Look how that worked out for us.
Jamie Oleksiak wouldn't have made the US's D group. It's clear when he chose Canada there was some sort of deal on the table.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:33 AM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Jamie Oleksiak wouldn't have made the US's D group. It's clear when he chose Canada there was some sort of deal on the table.
I am still surprised he made it. I imagine they think he is the next Tyler Myers, but I stand by my assertion that McIlrath is a better hockey player right now, nevermind some of the people that were cut from the camp.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Dec 14, 2011 9:20a

Rangers prospect Christian Thomas: 'I thought I did enough'

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/markhmasters/stat...57766190313472

The WJC is nice but look at Garth Murray and Nigel Dawes.
He can always feel free to become an American.

Too late now, though I guess.

12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
I am still surprised he made it. I imagine they think he is the next Tyler Myers, but I stand by my assertion that McIlrath is a better hockey player right now, nevermind some of the people that were cut from the camp.
Exactly, Canada's willing to do this now incase Oleksiek does turn into a 6'7" dominant hockey player. That way they have him committed.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Canada needs to watch out. Lots of guys playing for Team USA were on the U-17 team who won the gold in Canada in 2010 and the 2011 U-18 team who won the goal via beating Canada. Miller's U-18 was as dominant as you can get.

And Team USA has Campbell and Gibson in goal.

No excuses this year. Team USA should get to the gold medal game with that defense and goaltending.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Pizza

Thomas just needs to go back to work and kick some A. He's got people who question his chances of becoming an impact NHLer.

I'm one of them and I'd love to proven wrong.

He's got a fantastic shot, but he'll have to create the space to get that shot off. A very tough job in the AHL, NHL or any level CT plays at beyond where he is now. Go get 'em kid.

Old
12-14-2011, 03:11 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I don't know if this was reported, but Čerešňák will be playing for Slovokia in the WJC. Good for him.

Old
12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Oh well.

Let's go Team Miller!

Also, sorry to you SU, but a lot of Canadian smugness when it comes to hockey definitely rubs me the wrong way.

Closed Thread