HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#29|Dec. 13, 2011|Flyers at Capitals |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-13-2011, 11:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2605
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I noticed a lot of other teams have a Post game thread. Why don't we ever get one going after the game to discuss the good and bad?
The GDTs are open for comments before and during games and remain open for all post-game commentary which includes the good, the bad and anything else. If a GDT reaches 1,000 posts, we close it and open a Part 2.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
BSH Recap of Caps-Flyers Game.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...ls-score-recap

Oh dear at the first question of the night. I missed the game. Was he as bad as Ben is making him out to be?

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Prongo
Beer

I stopped reading them a while ago... Yea Couts didn't have a great game, but lets make that judgement after one game getting first line minutes as a 19 year old in his rookie season. Nope just not an offensive kind of guy. Sorry, they are just way to pessimistic for my optimistic ass.

Also I hate the argument of was that team that bad that we didn't really have a challenge. This people are professional hockey players, every game is a challenge when you are up against the best in the world. Flyers did what they did and took care of business against a team that was yes struggling, but anything can happen. The Flyers just flat out dominated the game. That's the reason they won, not because Washington is in a slump.

I also remember people on hear saying that the players were tuning out Lavy. I didn't post about it then but will say man those people saying that look silly! This team is playing better and more consistent then I have ever seen them. The coaches deserve a ton of credit for where this team is. Also the GM deserves the credit few seem to give him around here.

Ugh I hate BSH. End Of My Rant! Balls I sound like a puss

Bad Bad Rant but that's how I feel

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
a good portian of the people at BSH are freakin morons.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 01:15 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Vokoun really was awfull tonight. 3 of those goals were Leighton-esque and the Simmonds goal I really dont know what the Caps players who were on the ice were doing.
Ill take the 2 points. bring on the Habs.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:11 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Just watching the game now. Late second period. Did I just hear Laughlin say, "That was just a nice, soft dump..... into the corner..."?

Flyers look excellent so far. That makes me happy.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:38 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

6 game winning streak......

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:39 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Could be 7 game streak habs can be had very easy....

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
a good portian of the people at BSH are freakin morons.
Tell me about it. The writers actually think they are "experts".

Last edited by Alchemy: 12-14-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Xegiie

looks like Bryz had excellent game, great to see, but i didnt even see Jagr in higlights, was he lost ?

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:32 AM
mirimon

Late to the party, due to yesterday night being the office Christmas party. Young whipper snappers can't drink properly these days. They left a bunch of full snaps bottles at the table, and what seemed like the most logical (and responsible) idea at the time, not allowing those bottles go to waste after the company had paid some good money for us to drink them, might not have been the best one after all. I'm getting a bit too old I think.

I've seen the game now though. Bryzgalov looked great, his numbers are starting to shape up a little bit (especially his win column...) too bad he couldn't get that shutout that always eludes us somehow.

Carle and Coburn also had really good games. Coburn has the upper hand on Ovechkin it appears. Makes a potential Caps playoff series a little easier to deal with if that continues. Carle was just solid all in all and made very few mistakes last night (but yes, he had his mandatory awful giveaway).

The JvR-Talbot-Voracek line is making a habit of having those long, great shifts with sustained pressure in the offensive zone. That was quite a shift that led to Simmonds goal.

Damn good game all around from our side. Washington didn't really stand a chance.

Congrats to Hartnell on his 200th tally. 6 game goal streak as well, pretty impressive.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:47 AM
DUHockey9

For people complaining about the complaining on JVR...I haven't read every page, so I haven't seen any of the complaining, but I felt the need to chime in. Do you really think he had a good game? I thought he was, once again, entirely invisibile. Voracek and Talbot were extremely noticeable, and there was only once or twice where I actually noticed JVR. The kid's a ghost.

And don't go pointing to 2 assists as if that makes it a great game. He made a drop pass at the blue line on a terribly weak goal, and had the secondary assist on a tip in. Far from impressive.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
LePalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
I really think this strong work ethic stems from
Jagr. I'm really loving the chemistry we are seeing
That's an interesting theory, since he's probably the laziest guy on our team when he's on the ice.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Suspended4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Welcome to the boards!
Thanks! Members here seem like a bunch friendly and knowledgeable people!

Couple observations about last night:

- Jagr seemed a little off. Not sure if it was because the Caps were paying extra special attention to disrupting his game, but he just seemed uncomfortable...poor guy probably missed Lil' Lemuix

- Defense was just amazing! Stepping up at the blue line, finishing checks, poke-checking the puck away, generally keeping the puck to the outside...just overall great effort.

- Having just said our defense was solid, it did seem like the puck just didn't want to the give the Caps any love. Caps started out the 3rd with a lot of jump and had a fair share of pucks roll just inches wide of the net in the early minutes of the period.

- Voracek was a beast! A man possessed...JVR, Briere, take note! The guy has been asking for more ice time, he got it and he didn't disappoint.

- Bryz was tuned in. Came up with some great stops...the momentum could have easily swayed with a Caps goal to tie it in the first, but he had an answer for almost everything the Caps threw at him. He was pretty much the reason we won that game...with 11-1-1 in his last 13 (I think that's right), he's finally starting to earn his keep. I hope they stay with him for Montreal.

- Where was Ovi??? Oh yeah, he was getting owned by Coburn

- Never seen a ref own a guy like Timoenen...that ref showed more grit than the Caps did all night.

Great game, and to top it all off the Rangers and Pens both lost last night. Although we came out and showed that we can win without our top D and O, the real test will be the Habs on Thursday to show that Tuesday wasn't a one-hit wonder.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
For people complaining about the complaining on JVR...I haven't read every page, so I haven't seen any of the complaining, but I felt the need to chime in. Do you really think he had a good game? I thought he was, once again, entirely invisibile. Voracek and Talbot were extremely noticeable, and there was only once or twice where I actually noticed JVR. The kid's a ghost.

And don't go pointing to 2 assists as if that makes it a great game. He made a drop pass at the blue line on a terribly weak goal, and had the secondary assist on a tip in. Far from impressive.
Do you really think he's fully healthy?

At the peak of his health, JVR has more speed than anyone on this team (even Voracek). He wasn't anywhere close to his usual game-changingly fast self last night. He couldn't skate by anyone.

Maybe you think that's a lack of effort, but I'd tend to lean towards it being a health issue. I think he's still working his way back to 100%.

And yes, he was unimpressive last night, but again he didn't have the puck on his stick all that much. Voracek stole the show on that line. And when Voracek wasn't stealing the show, Talbot was carrying the puck for a good deal of the time.

JVR certainly needs to work on his movement and his positioning and become better without the puck, but we also need to make a more conscious effort to get him the puck and let him carry it through the neutral zone. He's a physical beast when he wants to be and he can fend off all but the biggest (Chara-like) defensemen in this league. Get the puck on his stick, let him carry into the zone and then tell the other guys on his line to drive the net hard.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:12 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 22 View Post
That's an interesting theory, since he's probably the laziest guy on our team when he's on the ice.
Jagr is far from lazy. He has slow line changes but he hustles and is backchecking more than ever.

Also you have to remember, he's the oldest and heaviest player on the team (yes he's very fit) but being 240 lbs is still a lot of weight to carry.

His work ethic is what is helping this team. He puts extra work into preparing for games and it has robbed off on a lot of the young players like JVR, Voracek, Giroux even Couturier.

BTW anyone noticed that Jagr had an "A" on his jersey last night???!!!

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:22 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Do you really think he's fully healthy?

At the peak of his health, JVR has more speed than anyone on this team (even Voracek). He wasn't anywhere close to his usual game-changingly fast self last night. He couldn't skate by anyone.

Maybe you think that's a lack of effort, but I'd tend to lean towards it being a health issue. I think he's still working his way back to 100%.

And yes, he was unimpressive last night, but again he didn't have the puck on his stick all that much. Voracek stole the show on that line. And when Voracek wasn't stealing the show, Talbot was carrying the puck for a good deal of the time.

JVR certainly needs to work on his movement and his positioning and become better without the puck, but we also need to make a more conscious effort to get him the puck and let him carry it through the neutral zone. He's a physical beast when he wants to be and he can fend off all but the biggest (Chara-like) defensemen in this league. Get the puck on his stick, let him carry into the zone and then tell the other guys on his line to drive the net hard.
TBH I don't. I do believe that he's banged up.

However, what I'm seeing is no different from what I NORMALLY see from JVR. I just can't stand him anymore. I can't handle seeing him be a ghost for 15 games, and then, all of a sudden, he has a game where he can do whatever he wants at will. It just pisses me off to no end that he, seemingly, turns it on that easily. Then he disappears for another 20 games.

It's been the same story for 2.5 years now, and I don't think him being banged up has much to do with it.

I've never really had a player, that wasn't a scrub (Shelley, Jones, etc.), that I hated before. Plenty of people hated Carter for the way he played, or Carle; but I didn't/don't (I don't really care for Carle but he's a good player). I am getting really close to hating JVR though, I just can't take it anymore.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:45 AM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Hate is pretty strong..I don't know that he's merited hate. I think he's def playing injured but yeah there are still questions about his mental fortitude but the guy is still young. I wouldn't give up on him just yet...he's still under his old contract but next year the new one kicks in and he'll need to be more consistent to put to rest some of the doubts which are valid but a bit premature still IMO....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
- Voracek was a beast! A man possessed...JVR, Briere, take note! The guy has been asking for more ice time, he got it and he didn't disappoint.
Yeah, I noticed that. He seems to impress more and more each game. He's got great hustle and really strong on the puck.

This Flyers team is just really fun to watch. Loving all the offense

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
I don't know if Briere was still sick or what but his play was completely uninspired last night.

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote