HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senabres top Sabre *troll face*

View Poll Results: Pick 3 stars
Cowen 57 79.17%
Phillips 3 4.17%
Alfredsson 5 6.94%
Lee 16 22.22%
Michalek 8 11.11%
Greening 13 18.06%
Smith 2 2.78%
Spezza 42 58.33%
Neil 2 2.78%
Konopka 3 4.17%
Carkner 4 5.56%
Karlsson 13 18.06%
Foligno 4 5.56%
Anderson 45 62.50%
Other *NAME WHO* 5 6.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Rundblad has struggled harder than Lee this year.

Anyone who believes differently, *ahem*, is not to be taken seriously.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
No one is speaking of Carkner?

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Jorge Garcia

It would be remiss not to mention the great energy and smart teamwork the Senators showed on the tying goal: great forecheck by Daugavins, good pinch on the left by Phillips, good fill behind him by one of the fowards, and then a great pinch by Lee on the other side and a smart pass back to Peter R., who very alertly took over the point and got a shot past Foligno, who was standing with his butt in Miller's face and leaped like his dad to let the shot through. There's more than luck involved in a "seeing eye" goal.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:40 AM
SensSharksGirl*

The Senators did play a great game, but losing Michalek to injury is just heartbreaking, I hope Milan is going to be okay... Anyhow, Sens must win again against the Bruin Bears

SensSharksGirl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
SensFanInBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP View Post
Difference between him and Lee is that Lee has no future with the Senators. He's a mediocre third pairing defensive defenseman with very little room to improve.
I think we can all agree that Lee isn't ever going to be an elite defense man but he is an NHL defense man. He is cheap, young and pretty reliable (and is starting to get more physical which is needed). I don't expect him to get a huge pay raise next year (RFA) so he might still be with the Sens for a few more years. All that being said, if the right package were offered, I could see him moved. I just don't understand why people are automatically writing him off (if I had to choose between Lee or Carkner next year, I'd choose Lee).

SensFanInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:54 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Rundblad has struggled harder than Lee this year.

Anyone who believes differently, *ahem*, is not to be taken seriously.
He has, but aside from last nights game Rundblad is always more noticeable than Lee whether that's good or bad. Rundblad the rookie with way less pro games played already looks like he has a much much wider skillset than Lee, Lee is pretty much a veteran now. You gotta be really patient with Dmen as it can take awhile to develop, but I think Lee has pretty much hit his ceiling, I just don't see him getting much better, although its always a possibility, the Rundblad ceiling is much higher IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Love Carkner, brought the simple and physical game last night, looks like he picked up right where he left off. Guy adds another dimension to the team on the backend and is a perfect 5-6-7 guy to have.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:56 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanInBoston View Post
I think we can all agree that Lee isn't ever going to be an elite defense man but he is an NHL defense man. He is cheap, young and pretty reliable (and is starting to get more physical which is needed). I don't expect him to get a huge pay raise next year (RFA) so he might still be with the Sens for a few more years. All that being said, if the right package were offered, I could see him moved. I just don't understand why people are automatically writing him off (if I had to choose between Lee or Carkner next year, I'd choose Lee).
See im on the opposite side, I'd much have Carkner over Lee if I was given an ultimatum. Lee is jack of all trades, master of none, Carkner brings something to the table not every Dman can.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
He has, but aside from last nights game Rundblad is always more noticeable than Lee whether that's good or bad. Rundblad the rookie with way less pro games played already looks like he has a much much wider skillset than Lee, Lee is pretty much a veteran now. You gotta be really patient with Dmen as it can take awhile to develop, but I think Lee has pretty much hit his ceiling, I just don't see him getting much better, although its always a possibility, the Rundblad ceiling is much higher IMO.

Love Carkner, brought the simple and physical game last night, looks like he picked up right where he left off. Guy adds another dimension to the team on the backend and is a perfect 5-6-7 guy to have.
Totally agree, Lee would be traded before Carkner.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
This is why Rundblad needs to go to the development team. I'm not suggesting Rundblad isn't going to any good in the future, I'm saying right now he's clearly the guy that needs to be off the ice.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:22 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Yeah he looks as good as he ever has since coming back, was one of the few d-men who wasn't poor against Vancouver.

No surprise here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
This applies to every player who has played defence for the Sens this year.
Not Carkner, who you were so eager to get rid of.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
This is why Rundblad needs to go to the development team. I'm not suggesting Rundblad isn't going to any good in the future, I'm saying right now he's clearly the guy that needs to be off the ice.
I could very well see it happening when everyone gets healthy, we will definitely be jammed at the blueline and Rundblad can be sent down w/o waivers and stuff.

I could also see someone like Maclean wanting to keep him up because he wants to help teach Rundblad himself and be more hands on with him. Especially with those "Bingo toxic environment" comments, although I didn't like those comments to begin with. If its a toxic environment then do something to change it, that's what you're paid for KK.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I could very well see it happening when everyone gets healthy, we will definitely be jammed at the blueline and Rundblad can be sent down w/o waivers and stuff.

I could also see someone like Maclean wanting to keep him up because he wants to help teach Rundblad himself and be more hands on with him. Especially with those "Bingo toxic environment" comments, although I didn't like those comments to begin with. If its a toxic environment then do something to change it, that's what you're paid for KK.
Whoa....it's toxic because the roster is beyond brutal. All KK can do is find guys he can sign to PTOs from the ECHL (and that's not what he's paid for)

The championship roster lost DSmith, Butler, Greening, Condra, ZSmith, Potulny, Kinrade, Cowen, Benoit, and has been missing Locke for a long time now. Probably missing someone too.

Can't pin this on Kleinendorst...this is part of what happens when the farm wins as a result of many guys sniffing the NHL.

Since then Da Costa is there, and scoring. Locke will be back. Rundblad going down would just add to the help.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Whoa....it's toxic because the roster is beyond brutal. All KK can do is find guys he can sign to PTOs from the ECHL (and that's not what he's paid for)

The championship roster lost DSmith, Butler, Greening, Condra, ZSmith, Potulny, Kinrade, Cowen, Benoit, and has been missing Locke for a long time now. Probably missing someone too.

Can't pin this on Kleinendorst...this is part of what happens when the farm wins as a result of many guys sniffing the NHL.

Since then Da Costa is there, and scoring. Locke will be back. Rundblad going down would just add to the help.
Well, that's the whole weird point about the "toxic environment" thing right? It's too "toxic" to have the young guys play in, but playing our better prospects there such as Rundblad would mean more talent and a better chance at winning right? Not a fan of that entire comment to begin with.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

It was never described as toxic, ffs.

KK said it was a bad environment to teach kids, as they were getting completely outplayed night after night. It destroys confidence.

IMO, it was a plea to the big club to get some help.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Afro Thunder*

I am not a Carkner fan but I feel more safe with him with the puck on his stick than Philips commander grenade handler with it. Carkner is more calm, has more poise and has a better first pass.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Garcia View Post
It would be remiss not to mention the great energy and smart teamwork the Senators showed on the tying goal: great forecheck by Daugavins, good pinch on the left by Phillips, good fill behind him by one of the fowards, and then a great pinch by Lee on the other side and a smart pass back to Peter R., who very alertly took over the point and got a shot past Foligno, who was standing with his butt in Miller's face and leaped like his dad to let the shot through. There's more than luck involved in a "seeing eye" goal.
Not to mention Neil who went to the front, stick-checked one of the defensemen and further blocked Miller's view. I agree it was a very nice goal.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
I am not going to get in a 'bun fight' over Rundblad vs Lee.

IMO Lee has been and continues to be the better player for the Sens.

By saying that I am not in any way suggesting Rundblad isn't going to be an excellent NHL player in the future.
I'm not saying you aren't suggesting that, but Lee has very clearly not been the better player for the Sens when you look at the season as a whole.

However he has been better recently. Rundblad looks a bit lost and lacking in confidence.

Rundblad would gain a bunch of confidence from playing in the AHL I think.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

*not saying you are

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanInBoston View Post
You have to be kidding? Carkner is one of the toughess enforcers in the league, he clears the front of the net, he intimidates opposition players, he blocks shots, has poise with the puck, makes a good first pass & has a good shot from the point. He is a better defensive defenceman than Lee. Lee is none of those things accept a decent defensive defenceman 6th or 7th d on this team.

Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
I am not a Carkner fan but I feel more safe with him with the puck on his stick than Philips commander grenade handler with it. Carkner is more calm, has more poise and has a better first pass.
I am a Carkner fan & I would add he is much safer than Rundblad & Karlsson with the puck too but they can make an amazing play with the on occassion.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Really? This surprises you? The game that Giroux seized the scoring lead, they referred to him as Gi-Ro on both his goals... Its like calling Lupul "Le-Pool"
Yeah but here the correct spelling is literally right under their mistake. How do they not look at the finished product and think "hmm...something doesn't seem right"?

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
with today's technology, how do you get home, get to your tv/pvr by not hearing the score at least once...and coming onto these forums isn't the area to avoid knowing the score
For one, live in the UK Or in general out of market and keep the TV off of TSN/SN. And keep GCL in a separate browser with scores off

Basically the issue is - it sucks knowing you have to avoid the forums if you haven't seen the game live... kinda kills the community for those of us who can't conveniently watch games live.

But thanks for updating the title so it wasn't spoiled

Caeldan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I'm not saying you aren't suggesting that, but Lee has very clearly not been the better player for the Sens when you look at the season as a whole.

However he has been better recently. Rundblad looks a bit lost and lacking in confidence.

Rundblad would gain a bunch of confidence from playing in the AHL I think.
I don't know what to tell you if you think that. Rundblad, in essence has been more impressive, but also falters much more than Brian Lee. Lee is steady and solid which often gets confused for being unimpressive. Rundblad is just a roller coaster, one shift he wows with amazing plays, next shift he gives up an inexcusable turnover.

I'm not really sold on him being traded because he is only viewed as a future third pairing defenseman. He still has upside and most importantly, do you really want to trade Lee and sign a Steve Montador? Might as well go for Gomez and Redden while you're at it.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:56 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Boards 3 stars are

Cowen
Anderson
Spezza

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote