HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers recall Tim Erixon from CT (12/29: Returned to CT)

Old
12-14-2011, 09:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Sent: Dec 14, 2011 10:47a

No, they are both on plane heading to St Louis RT @kevintensense @JimCerny @CTWhale IS Woywitka being sent down then?

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/JimCerny/status/146979576109731840

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Woywitka was awful last night but has been pretty decent overall. I expect he'll sit and Stralman, who has also looked okay, will continue to be given a chance to stick.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 14, 2011 10:57a

About to lift off with #NYR to St Louis...packed plane...all 3 players on IR, HBO personnel, now Tim Erixon joins traveling party too!

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/JimCerny/status/146982202830360576

Old
12-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
eh, not a fan of Erixon. I probably would have preferred Bell.
wtf?

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

I'd be surprised if they recalled Erixon just to ride the pine on the roadtrip. I'm sure he'll see at least one game. I don't anticipate him sticking, but then again, I said the same thing about McDonagh last season.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd be surprised if they recalled Erixon just to ride the pine on the roadtrip. I'm sure he'll see at least one game. I don't anticipate him sticking, but then again, I said the same thing about McDonagh last season.
This is my thinking as well. He's been playing well in Hartford by all accounts, why stop him from playing down there just to have a warm body with the team?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Someone wants Bell here over Erixon? All I can say is, holy jesus...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
If they call him up it will likely be to play... RB if they wanted an insurance defenseman only for this trip Imagine they would have just taken a vet in Bell who won't get any better rather than rob their top D prospect of games in Hartford.

...He'll play, I have a hunch

12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Woywitka has generally been pretty good. He was hardly the only player to make a soft play in our own zone, it was just the only one that led a goal.

McDonagh's giveaway against Tampa was far more egregious IMO. So let's not overreact to one bad play that resulted in a goal in a game where we failed to score against a goalie playing in his 3rd NHL game.
Agree.
Of late, his speed was improved and he definitely added some lacking toughness.
Hope Erixon succeeds and sticks, but if Woywi hangs around on the cusp until better options develop, I'm good with that.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Ryan McDonagh part 2 mhmmmmmmmmmm lol. Well in reality its a little early for that, I wanna say mcd got called up more in jan of last yr?, I dont remember. This scares me about sauer but he wasnt making the trip anyway. Prob just precaution because eminger took a beating last night. Id like to see erixon permanently on this team by the end of the season like mcd was though, if it works out. Plenty of time to let it all play out. Injuries scare me though, could we ever get a break...i think i got on my knees last night and started praying when henrik got hit. Its sad to say this, but injuries are everywhere and our 2 biggest division competition is getting hit just as hard, if not even harder with them...so we'll see. I didnt pick us to finish 1st in conf or win division, anything above the 4 or 5 spot is a plus to me, thats where I picked us.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:35 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

McDonagh was recalled in early January last season, Erixon getting up a little earlier but I'm sure (obviously) the Rangers are hoping for the same results.

Woywitka's giveaway last night was absolutely brutal but he had been playing solid (for Jeff Woywitka) up until that point. Stralman has been good in his last two games too so this is an interesting time to get Erixon up here.

Insurance for the West coast trip? Probably, but like others have said if he wasn't going to play it would've been a vet like Bell on the way up to ride the pine for insurance.

I guess Torts watched the tape this morning, saw the Woy giveaway and said "**** that" and we'll be seeing Erixon in and Woywitka out.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
RangersAM99

jeff out tim in

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:53 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Also, can we stop saying Ryan mcdonaugh? Talk about setting yourself up for a fall. Let him come in and be Tim Erixon. Expecting him to come in and impress almost immediately like Mac did is unrealistic. If it happens that is great, but it's not a given.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If they called up Bell instead of Erixon,people would be saying what's wrong with Erixon. He could play. Maybe. The Rangers do have 6 healthy D. If a D gets banged up in St. Louis,any call up from CT will spend most of Friday traveling to Phoenix. How many connections from Hartford to Phoenix?

The Rangers will probably skate in St.Louis after arriving there. The Rangers like to travel to the city in the morning and then practice there. They flew to Vancouver on a Sunday morning after a Saturday Islander game and practiced there in the afternoon.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:16 AM
ruckus*

Woywitka has been more than serviceable as a bottom pair defenseman. People are just irritated about last night. Go figure. The real problem last night was that we couldn't figure out a way to generate high quality scoring chances against a team that was content plugging the lanes and protecting their young goaltender. Can't blame last night on Woywitka when the team couldn't score a goal. I would prefer that Stralman sits so Erixon can play the right side. I do expect him to play at least one of the two games. Stralman has looked better, but in saying that he is one of those guys that fans will think/act like is playing better than he really is because he's an offensive d-man. The last few games he's made some good passes and created some chances. I still much prefer a sound defensive guy on the bottom pair and I'd still take Woywitka over him in that aspect even after last night's mistake. I don't think it make sense comparing Erixon to McDonagh but I do think it would be nice if Erixon can do enough to stick on the third pair. We don't need him to do what McDonagh did last year. Just play well enough to take over for Stralman and improve our team.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Reijo R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
If they call him up it will likely be to play... RB if they wanted an insurance defenseman only for this trip Imagine they would have just taken a vet in Bell who won't get any better rather than rob their top D prospect of games in Hartford.

...He'll play, I have a hunch
Is your avatar Pink Floyd's "The Division Bell" cover, and if so, why? Is that your favorite album? It is a very underrated one.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:25 AM
The Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Someone wants Bell here over Erixon? All I can say is, holy jesus...
I laughed out loud on this one for real.

Woywitka has been a good soldier for the rangers , exceeded what i though he would bring. That Pass was awful, but hell it happens. Mcdonagh cost us the T.B game with some awful passes but it happens.

Tim Erixon showed a lot of poise when he was here. can make the first pass. needs to be stronger on the boards, but that's just part of the "process"

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:49 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Erixon is an upgrade to woywitka just fOr the mere fact of speed. I do not understand how anyone watching these games can claim woywitka to be fast enough for the NHL

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Hensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I guess it's mainly insurance for the road trip, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the games. Woywitka has been ok (yeah he made a bad play last night, but overall he has done what was expected of him) but Erixon has so much more potential. I'd like to see how he has adapted.

I approve & agree with this post!

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:03 PM
ruckus*

Does everyone seriously want Woywitka out instead of Stralman just because of last night? Woywitka has been solid for the most part. Stralman has looked better the past two games but that's mostly because he finally started getting involved offensively. Stralman is not good defensively. Also, why take out Woywitka and force Erixon to play the left side? I understand that they think he can do it and he's done it, but what's the point? Let him play his natural side and replace the lesser of the two defeseman. Woywitka made a bad play last night that resulted in the only goal. He has been solid for pretty much the entire season. Stralman looks lost in his own end and talk about soft.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Erixon WILL be a big part of our future on the blue line. I'm very happy to hear he was called up, regardless of the circumstances.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Does everyone seriously want Woywitka out instead of Stralman just because of last night? Woywitka has been solid for the most part. Stralman has looked better the past two games but that's mostly because he finally started getting involved offensively. Stralman is not good defensively. Also, why take out Woywitka and force Erixon to play the left side? I understand that they think he can do it and he's done it, but what's the point? Let him play his natural side and replace the lesser of the two defeseman. Woywitka made a bad play last night that resulted in the only goal. He has been solid for pretty much the entire season. Stralman looks lost in his own end and talk about soft.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475148 Erixon plays on the left side. He is being called up to take Woywitkas place there. Like it or not...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Hensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post

Somebody has to sit... for me Woy over Stral but not by much

Mainly due to Yes Woy has been good defensively, and Stral is starting to look good offensively, so take out Woy and put Erixon in to compensate fo Stral's lack of defensive prowess, i'm not Torts

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:10 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475148 Erixon plays on the left side. He is being called up to take Woywitkas place there. Like it or not...
I'm sorry I don't know why I keep picturing him right now as a righty shot.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Pizza

Guess it was time to give Erixon his chance. Thought he'd need more time, but it is what it is. This will be interesting. I thought he looked pretty good in the games I saw him play earlier this year.

Congratulations Tim. Make the most of your shot.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote