HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils vs. Panthers, 12/13, 7:30pm, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 11:21 AM
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I'm sick and tired of reading that Tedenby should be playing top 6 minutes when there's no place for him now, I'm just guessing that we won't have a place for him when our key guys come back from IR.

Our top line atm consists of Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk and our 2nd line consists of Sykora-Elias-Zubrus. Were does Tedenby fit in all of this? The answer is pretty simple... no where.

Yes, he has great hands and superb speed but he get's tossed around all the time and his defensive game isn't all that great to play against the oppositions top lines. He'll stay a bottom 6 player for us... unless Zach walks, that's the only way I see him cracking our top 6.
Who said it had to be top 6? I simply want to see him get some more time with the third line and why not some time on the second PP unit? He moves the puck well and our PP is as stagnant a system as I have seen so his movement would be welcome.

Also why do you get sick and tired of reading about Tedenby? This is a message board where people share their thoughts. Plenty of people here have thoughts or beliefs I don't agree with....viva la difference, no?

Old
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Parise Henrique Kovalchuk
Elias Zajac Sykora
Tedenby Zubrus Clarkson
Boulton Carter Janssen

You're welcome everyone.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!

Also just so we are clear I hope you remember me supporting you in the past with your different ideas about handling Parise. This isn't a personal attack on you.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
Also just so we are clear I hope you remember me supporting you in the past with your different ideas about handling Parise. This isn't a personal attack on you.
It wasn't a personal attack VB... it's just that several posters want to see the kid play more minutes but aren't paying any attention to his play away from the puck and the mindset of our coach.

DeBoer has made it pretty clear that Tedenby will have to really impress the crap out of him to gain a couple of spots on our depth chart and since he's getting wrag dolled more often then not, he's at the bottom of the pecking order.

Edit: I just realised Tallinder has 0g, 4a for 4 pts in 30 games while averaging more then 20 minutes a night

Old
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Last night we saw second half Kovy again, and I like it. I'm impressed that DeBoer got him to do it too. Maybe it's not just Lemaire.
I actually think Zach has been the bigger influence on Kovy, which I'd like for a number of reasons. At least Kovy is doing his best to make it work at RW now.

As far as Tedenby, I hate the fact he takes a crapload of minor penalties. Even on the rare occasions that he gets a shot, he botches it with two penalties a game.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'd be fine with Tedenby getting a regular spot on the third line. He still needs to step up and impress. Henrique worked his way up from the bottom 6, Tedenby can do it too, but hasn't yet.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Patty is getting closer and closer to the franchise goals record, too. It'll be awesome when he finally breaks it.
More like a Relief to me.

I'm tired of hearing MacLean's name.

I'm sorry but despite his contributions to the NJ Devils franchise as a player, his tenure as a Coach has really soured my view on him immensely to the point where I cringe whenever I hear that name.

The sooner Elias breaks that record, the better.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:37 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I'd be fine with Tedenby getting a regular spot on the third line. He still needs to step up and impress. Henrique worked his way up from the bottom 6, Tedenby can do it too, but hasn't yet.
One of the biggest reasons Henrique got a shot at our top 6 is the fact that both Zajac and Josefson went down to injuries. If not for that, I don't even know if we would've seen Henrique in NJ this year.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:38 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

It would be awesome if Patty had a monster game and broke the record Friday

Old
12-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
One of the biggest reasons Henrique got a shot at our top 6 is the fact that both Zajac and Josefson went down to injuries. If not for that, I don't even know if we would've seen Henrique in NJ this year.
He took advantage of his opportunity. Tedenby has certainly had some chances. DeBoer didn't hand either of them anything, they've earned what they've gotten.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
He took advantage of his opportunity. Tedenby has certainly had some chances. DeBoer didn't hand either of them anything, they've earned what they've gotten.
Of course he did but like I said, if Zajac and Josefson would've been healthy since day #1, Henrique would've stayed in Albany and wouldn't of played a single game with the big club.

If he would've played like crap in his first couple of games, he would've been demoted but that didn't happen, so good for him.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

IBTL!!

Looks like it might be time for this thread to be put to bed.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!

Quote:
I agree with this. Also I think being a center on a team with pretty poor center depth helped as well.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
I agree with this. Also I think being a center on a team with pretty poor center depth helped as well.
True... and that's why Teddy got more minutes in our top 6 last year, compared to this year, with Parise being out for the year.

Closed Thread