HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather see traded?

Old
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
I would trade Dubinsky for an upgrade. Anisimov I would hold onto.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Dubinsky AINEC.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Here's another problem with the trade idea, neither GM has expressed any interest in it whatsoever.
How do you know...do you work for the Rangers or the Blues...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

At this point and considering contracts, it's Dubinsky.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
How do you know...do you work for the Rangers or the Blues...
Burden of proof is the guy making the claim. That's you buddy.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I am starting to think that Anisimov has a much higher upside than Dubi.

And that's not to say I think less of Dubi. I just thing Arty is really starting to emerge.

12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Nich

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but one thing is not debatable.

Anisimov is without a doubt the better defensive forward than Dubie. His back checking, positioning, etc, is freaking amazing. Hell half the time the regular hockey fan probably doesn't even realize how his positioning affects the game.

Personally I have always been a Ani fan, but being objective, you aren't seeing the full picture defensively if you think Dubi is better. Yeah he might get more attention with the way he throws his body all over the place, but the thing you don't realize is Ani doesn't have to throw his body all over the place because he is 9 out of 10 times in the perfect position.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:17 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
everyone is entitled to their opinion, but one thing is not debatable.

Anisimov is without a doubt the better defensive forward than Dubie. His back checking, positioning, etc, is freaking amazing. Hell half the time the regular hockey fan probably doesn't even realize how his positioning affects the game.

Personally I have always been a Ani fan, but being objective, you aren't seeing the full picture defensively if you think Dubi is better. Yeah he might get more attention with the way he throws his body all over the place, but the thing you don't realize is Ani doesn't have to throw his body all over the place because he is 9 out of 10 times in the perfect position.
Perfectly put.

I have never been a huge Dubinsky fan so if he were to be traded I would be okay with it. I thought he got paid too much when I heard about his contract.

If Mike Fischer can return a 1st +, than so can Dubi. I would be okay with that type of return.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Fataldogg

Dubinsky. Unload the $4 million contract, find a 25-30 goal scorer for that price. The Dubinsky experiment of "waiting for him to get going" has gone on long enough this year. Close to the halfway point and he has 1 goal... Abysmal. Even for a bad year.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Kel Varnsen

For all the short-sighted people, and there seems to be a lot of them, who led the team in points last year? All of you calling for Dubi to go now were probably the same people calling for Gaborik to leave last year. Sometimes these boards are really a joke.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
For all the short-sighted people, and there seems to be a lot of them, who led the team in points last year? All of you calling for Dubi to go now were probably the same people calling for Gaborik to leave last year. Sometimes these boards are really a joke.
Yes, because no one is allowed to have a differing opinion on a player and their future with an organization.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Nich

Quote:
That's great, he lead the team in points last year. Scott Gomez was also one point shy of Jagr in 2007-08. Still can't believe we ever traded him

Not comparing Dubi to Gomez but seriously, stop with the blank statements and actually take some time to think this out.

We need to resign MDZ next year, then McD, Sauer, Step and AA the year after.

Right now we are 17-7-4 without Dubi being himself.

Right now Ani is playing fantastically, and at half of the price for dubi, better defensively, and MIGHT have a higher ceiling offensively, and is still only 23.

Kreider should be here in the next year or two as well.

So all that being said, if right now, i had to choose one to trade, I would trade the one that gives me more cap space to re-sign players. I would trade the one that has a nearly identical game to other players on the team. I would trade the one that is more likely to be easily replaced by young talent (i.e. Kreider on the 2nd line) in the next year or two. And I would trade the one that has contributed less to us being 17-7-4.

I don't know how more logical you can look at it, unless this thread ISN'T called "who would you rather see traded"

Or we can trade the one that has been a part of the best line we have had all season, which is cheaper as well.

end thread/

Old
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
I love Dubi...I am not looking to trade him for Ray Whitney.

Chris Stewart:

2009-2010 Avalanche 77 28 36 64 4 73

2010-2011 Avalanche 36 13 17 30 -10 38
2010-2011 Blues 26 15 8 23 4 15 7 0 2

He is the true essence of a power forward.

I am not sure what you find ridiculous about the proposal.

The thread was posing a question. I am answering the question but also stating I would prefer to trade Dubi and Stewart is the type of player I am willing to trade him for.

If you want me to slow down so you can catch up...I will!

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:17 PM
outlaw52
"what i do"

how about we do nothing and enjoy the team thats 3 points out of first with a game in hand. and are #1 dman has been on the shelf from the start. trade dubinsky? proposterous. guy is a hustling machine and his work along the boards is second to none.trade anisimov? proposterous artie is a star waiting to shine he made one little mistake. no big deal hes a good kid he isnt going anywhere torts loves him. the you made a mistake last night you gotta go mentality is comical. cmon enjoy our team there fun to watch and there kickin ass and takin names.

outlaw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw52 View Post
how about we do nothing and enjoy the team thats 3 points out of first with a game in hand. and are #1 dman has been on the shelf from the start. trade dubinsky? proposterous. guy is a hustling machine and his work along the boards is second to none.trade anisimov? proposterous artie is a star waiting to shine he made one little mistake. no big deal hes a good kid he isnt going anywhere torts loves him. the you made a mistake last night you gotta go mentality is comical. cmon enjoy our team there fun to watch and there kickin ass and takin names.
I agree, the thread made me choose one

Old
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

The Rangers need more players with actual offensive skill; they need fewer "hustle" players who score strictly off of effort.

I've wanted Dubi moved for a solid young skill player for a couple of years now. I'm starting to worry that they waited too long...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:02 PM
NikC

Quote:
you need to get in reality here. Duby got a 4y/4m deal and he doesn't
look at all prepared for this season. 28 frickin games with 1 goal?
this guy needs to be benched WEEKS AGO!

What top six player who's not struggling with injuries regresses this much? if he has family problems, etc. my apologies but Something bad wrong is going on with this guy.

pretty sad that this coach can't seem to do anything for him either.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:05 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
The Rangers need more players with actual offensive skill; they need fewer "hustle" players who score strictly off of effort.

I've wanted Dubi moved for a solid young skill player for a couple of years now. I'm starting to worry that they waited too long...
this. we have only 2 top 3 players. not enough.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:05 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

What top six player who's not struggling with injuries regresses this much? if he has family problems, etc. my apologies but Something bad wrong is going on with this guy.

29 games, dear sir.

For emphasis.

Nice post, too.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:15 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
29 games, dear sir.

For emphasis.

Nice post, too.
thank you sir.

i really like duby. always have. keep waiting for him to take the "next step" . He gets a 4m deal after the first season breaking 50p and he sure did take the next step... only in the wrong direction.

This is very disconcerting to me. he used to be a guy who we could count on to score clutch goals. he looks like freddie sjostrum out there.

Duby is garbage out there plain and simple. don't even think he has any market value now.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

I really hope they don't trade Dubi. His market value is at an all time low. We'd get destroyed in the trade. Dubi appears to be to this year as Gaborik was to last year. Why is it our leading scorers keep tailing off after a good year?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:11 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I really hope they don't trade Dubi. His market value is at an all time low. We'd get destroyed in the trade. Dubi appears to be to this year as Gaborik was to last year. Why is it our leading scorers keep tailing off after a good year?
Gaborik still scored over 20 goals last year, granted, if you're looking at his potential and comparing him to his output, I can see the comparison to Dubinsky. But I think if Dubi gets 15 goals at this point I'll be happy.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Gaborik still scored over 20 goals last year, granted, if you're looking at his potential and comparing him to his output, I can see the comparison to Dubinsky. But I think if Dubi gets 15 goals at this point I'll be happy.
Gaborik managed to show up in a huge way about half a dozen times last year. We were all frustrated because he wasn't making any difference off the score sheet. I'm less frustrated with Dubi than I was with Gabby because A) he's still showing up with assists B) His work on the PK is second only to his partner, Callahan and C) he's still grinding, and hitting. It's not good enough, I agree, but he's not a ghost of himself. He needs to pick up his production, but he's not ineffective.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:54 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

This.

Sather should have sold high on Dubi when his value was at it's highest last season. Now with his 4 mill contract, im not really sure what he can net. Always thought he was overrated by Rangers fans.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

28 games negate the previous 316 for you? Or have you just started watching?