HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rupp To Have Knee Surgery (12/13: Could be back as soon as Saturday)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2011, 06:50 PM
  #76
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I sit Mitchell, and when Wolski comes back I sit whichever one of our bottom 6 guys is playing worse- Avery, Boyle or Feds.
Feds has been playing in the top 6 this year and has been great. No way he sits.

It will probably be AVery and as much as i love him, Mitchell brings more at this point.

Dubinsky-Mitchell-Hagelin
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

That's how i would roll them.

Wolski is done imo. Send him to pluto with EC.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
  #77
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Our bud Wolski skating today.........,maybe edit the thread to update both Rupp and Wolski returns?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
  #78
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
so Rupp may be back Saturday.......what's the chances Avery gets waived yet again?.........sigh

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:31 PM
  #79
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so Rupp may be back Saturday.......what's the chances Avery gets waived yet again?.........sigh
Pretty high. He hasn't done a whole lot in a while and whether that's because his playing time is low or he is getting no ice time because of his poor play it doesn't matter. Its 1.9 million on the cap being wasted if he isn't going to play.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
  #80
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Pretty high. He hasn't done a whole lot in a while and whether that's because his playing time is low or he is getting no ice time because of his poor play it doesn't matter. Its 1.9 million on the cap being wasted if he isn't going to play.
2 more goals than Dubinsky in 364 less minutes on the ice.

I see no reason why Avery can't stay as the 13th forward.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
  #81
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
2 more goals than Dubinsky in 364 less minutes on the ice.

I see no reason why Avery can't stay as the 13th forward.
Slats loves deadline pickups. He'll want to save as much cap space as possible for picking someone up then.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
  #82
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
2 more goals than Dubinsky in 364 less minutes on the ice.

I see no reason why Avery can't stay as the 13th forward.
$1.9M cap hit and not exactly the type of guy who will be content not playing. Avery and EC will be in Hartford once Rupp and Wolski get back (assuming no injuries).
Avery has played fine since being recalled, but he is not loved by the coaching staff and is no better than the 13th forward once everyone is healthy.
His not being in the lineup will have zero effect on the team winning or losing contrary to those who have an Avery man-crush.

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
  #83
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
2 more goals than Dubinsky in 364 less minutes on the ice.

I see no reason why Avery can't stay as the 13th forward.
Hey, I'm okay trading Dubinsky if they can get a return for him.

What it comes down to is what do you want to waste in the press-box? It's .9 (Christensen) vs 1.9 (Avery)

Especially with Wolski and Rupp about to return who will push (2) players out of the line-up, say Mitchell and Christensen.

Mitchell will be sent down and will be the first call-up. That's just a guess.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM
  #84
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,439
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Hey, I'm okay trading Dubinsky if they can get a return for him.

What it comes down to is what do you want to waste in the press-box? It's .9 (Christensen) vs 1.9 (Avery)

Especially with Wolski and Rupp about to return who will push (2) players out of the line-up, say Mitchell and Christensen.

Mitchell will be sent down and will be the first call-up. That's just a guess.
I just hate tinkering with the teams chemistry when they are playing this well. Mitchell doesn't deserve to be sat with how well he has played.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
  #85
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Hey, I'm okay trading Dubinsky if they can get a return for him.

What it comes down to is what do you want to waste in the press-box? It's .9 (Christensen) vs 1.9 (Avery)

Especially with Wolski and Rupp about to return who will push (2) players out of the line-up, say Mitchell and Christensen.

Mitchell will be sent down and will be the first call-up. That's just a guess.



I wouldn't be so sure about Wolski replacing Mitchell. Mitchell has been a solid pro, playing an all-around reliable game. Add a little grit and character, he isn't coming out of the line-up until he loses gas. Wolski has been publicly criticized by Torts a number of times.

Not to dismiss the fact that Mitchell's been up down the pro ranks for several years, but he's fit in nicely, and the team is winning games. Wolski will be "injury ridden" this year, that quote about how they can't get him out of the tub, from Torts hints as much IMO.

Maybe a team like Ottawa who are surprisingly in the playoff hunt will take him off our hands for some depth or a pick at the deadline.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
  #86
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
2 more goals than Dubinsky in 364 less minutes on the ice.

I see no reason why Avery can't stay as the 13th forward.
So now, as opposed to last season, we are judging Avery's play on goals scored? Just wanted to confirm that.

Dubinsky is infinitely more important to this team simply because of the fact he can be trusted to play in all situations.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
  #87
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Feds has been playing in the top 6 this year and has been great. No way he sits.

It will probably be AVery and as much as i love him, Mitchell brings more at this point.

Dubinsky-Mitchell-Hagelin
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

That's how i would roll them.

Wolski is done imo. Send him to pluto with EC.
Same thoughts

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM
  #88
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So now, as opposed to last season, we are judging Avery's play on goals scored? Just wanted to confirm that.

Dubinsky is infinitely more important to this team simply because of the fact he can be trusted to play in all situations.
I was told all of last year his assists didn't matter because of goals.

Dubinsky is way more important than Avery I was just pointing out that how can you say Avery hasn't done anything when given the little ice time he does have 3 goals.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM
  #89
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
I would agree that EC stays again just because Avery costs an extra million on the cap.

I think Torts will do this soon

Anisimov, Stepan, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Mitchell , Fedotenko
Rupp, Boyle, Prust
EC

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:47 PM
  #90
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
I was told all of last year his assists didn't matter because of goals.

Dubinsky is way more important than Avery I was just pointing out that how can you say Avery hasn't done anything when given the little ice time he does have 3 goals.
He did what a lot of people predicted - came up from Hartford like a gangbuster, leveled off, and now cant find a spot in the lineup. Thats what happens when you're a 4th liner who doesnt play special teams, and cant be completely trusted defensively.

But whatever, hes not even central to this discussion. Hes out of the lineup without even Rupp of Wolski coming back. He'll fall even further down the ladder when that happens.

The guys that need to watch out are Christensen and Mitchell.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
  #91
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think Sean Avery sits to be honest.
Avery has been a healthy scratch for 2 games in a row and Rupp is close to returning, coincidence? I think not!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
  #92
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Avery has been a healthy scratch for 2 games in a row and Rupp is close to returning, coincidence? I think not!
What does Christensen playing over Avery have to do with Rupp?

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
  #93
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
What does Christensen playing over Avery have to do with Rupp?
Probably don't want Avery getting hurt.

13.6. Injured Player Assignment to Minor Leagues. A Player
who is otherwise required to clear waivers and who is injured
while on an NHL roster can be placed on waivers and be assigned
to a minor league club prior to appropriate medical clearance
being granted only if the Player was on NHL recall at the time of
injury and has not played 10 NHL games (cumulative) or remained
on the NHL roster for 30 days (cumulative) since his recall.
Player shall receive NHL salary and NHL benefits until
appropriate medical clearance is granted. All other players may
not be assigned until appropriate medical clearance is granted.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
  #94
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Avery has been a healthy scratch for 2 games in a row and Rupp is close to returning, coincidence? I think not!
If Rupp looks good in practice he will play Saturday which means Avery is on waivers Friday likely...........can't wait to see this board snap again, lol

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
  #95
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
If Rupp looks good in practice he will play Saturday which means Avery is on waivers Friday likely...........can't wait to see this board snap again, lol
Or it could be Mitchell--until he plays in 10 games he doesn't have to clear waivers again. Sather has a say in this decision and it's well known he likes Avery.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
  #96
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Or it could be Mitchell--until he plays in 10 games he doesn't have to clear waivers again. Sather has a say in this decision and it's well known he likes Avery.
hey good point, I didnt know Mitchell has to play 10 games to be eligible for waivers...........I don't blame them if Mitchell goes down cause it keeps the depth as Mitchell can just be recalled again

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
  #97
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Hasn't Mitchell already played in 10 games?

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:31 PM
  #98
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Hasn't Mitchell already played in 10 games?
Yes he has. Too bad--although there's a good chance he could sneak through waivers again. But, the fact that Avery was sitting for Mitchell's 9th and 10th game makes the case for him to get waived instead that much stronger.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:36 AM
  #99
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Same lineup tonight. No Rupp.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
  #100
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Yes he has. Too bad--although there's a good chance he could sneak through waivers again. But, the fact that Avery was sitting for Mitchell's 9th and 10th game makes the case for him to get waived instead that much stronger.
i highly doubt it. his play has been great. 5 points in 10 games for a 4th liner? averaging under 12 minutes per game?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.