Notices

Bogosian Given No Supplemental Discipline

Old
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Bogosian Given No Supplemental Discipline

Per Russo, no supplementary discipline for Bogosian.

Last edited by GopherState: 12-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Is it open season on Wild players?

/shrug

Pretty sad how man of these are happening, but at least the league looked at it this time.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
As long as Bouchard is okay, I'm fine with the decision.

I was honestly more upset that we lost the game. Jets deserved to win, though. We played maybe 1 period all game.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Good thing Shanahan isn't a complete joke.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis

Seriously, my eye started to twitch reading that.

**** you Shanahan. I hope you get a burnt house for Christmas.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

I guess it's not unexpected, but what makes me mad is the inconsistency between this situation and the Bouchard/Calvert situation. Even though Calvert lifted his own stick into his own face, Shanny said it was Bouchard's fault for having his stick there in the first place which caused the incident. Now, in this situation, Bogosian cross-checks Bouchard into the boards while Bouchard is turning and playing the puck. Shouldn't the same rules apply to Bogosian where his obvious cross-check into the boards caused an incident with Bouchard the same way Bouchard's high stick caused an incident with Calvert?

Old
12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
RxDangles19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I guess it's not unexpected, but what makes me mad is the inconsistency between this situation and the Bouchard/Calvert situation. Even though Calvert lifted his own stick into his own face, Shanny said it was Bouchard's fault for having his stick there in the first place which caused the incident. Now, in this situation, Bogosian cross-checks Bouchard into the boards while Bouchard is turning and playing the puck. Shouldn't the same rules apply to Bogosian where his obvious cross-check into the boards caused an incident with Bouchard the same way Bouchard's high stick caused an incident with Calvert?
That's a good point. He doesn't seem to be very consistent and that takes away from his credibility, along with many other things.

RxDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
clutterbucks22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. Normally I don't think it would deserve a suspension but with how Bouchard got suspended I don't know how Bogosian can possibly just get off free like that. Is a little consistency to much to ask for?

clutterbucks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

The point is that everything is Bouchards fault. Darfur crisis? Bouchards fault. Economic crisis? Bouchards fault. Santa's got a brand new ride commercials? Bouchards fault.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
The point is that everything is Bouchards fault. Darfur crisis? Bouchards fault. Economic crisis? Bouchards fault. Santa's got a brand new ride commercials? Bouchards fault.
I heard Bouchard shot JFK.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
we all knew Bouchard's history as a dirty player would catch up to him.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

someone that isn't lazy please archive this hit so we can rub it in Peg faces when one of their players gets torqued in the same way and they're all crying about suspension OMG worst hit ever!

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis

Replace Canada with PMB and Kyle's mom with Shanahan.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:08 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
someone that isn't lazy please archive this hit so we can rub it in Peg faces when one of their players gets torqued in the same way and they're all crying about suspension OMG worst hit ever!
You mean like Krejci's hit on Stuart? Because I'm pretty sure that should have been a suspension too. But that was the Bruins' special exemption; I'm not sure what the deal with this one was. Maybe Shanahan just wasn't watching, since it was Winnipeg and Minnesota and nobody knows either team exists.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Dee Oh Cee

What an absolute joke. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Dee Oh Cee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

did he hit him in the head or just board him really bad? not trying to defend bogosian but bouchard slightly turned, idk if he targeted the head which is key right? bogosian got what he deserved a 5 min major and got kicked out. i hope bouchard gets a cage on and plays really soon.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Is it open season on Wild players?

/shrug

Pretty sad how man of these are happening, but at least the league looked at it this time.
They didn't look. Judging from Russo's article, an underling in the Department of Player Safety decided not to review the play. Shanahan doesn't appear to have taken a look at it, and there certainly wasn't a hearing. Looks like more attention was paid to it than to the head shot on Falk at least though.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
did he hit him in the head or just board him really bad? not trying to defend bogosian but bouchard slightly turned, idk if he targeted the head which is key right? bogosian got what he deserved a 5 min major and got kicked out. i hope bouchard gets a cage on and plays really soon.
This was a Rule 41 violation, not Rule 48. It was a reckless play along the boards. I didn't expect a suspension, but hoped they would at least review the play and have a hearing. Alas, Shanahan can't be bothered when it's just an attack on a Wild player.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
1-2 games would've been ok, but didn't expect much. Suppose turning is illegal now. And it was boards fault.

No Bouchard didn't turn his back to avoid the check. He tried to go other way with the puck. Bogsy never even checked but cross checked behind an unbalanced player. As long it wasn't intentional it was dangerous. Like a high stick for example!!!!!

..Butch and his goon reputation... He will be back, bigger and meaner. And no sticks involved next time, Barehands-Bouchard!!!

Last edited by W75: 12-14-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: TYPO
W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:30 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Hey Guys

Winnipeg fan coming in peace. When we faced Boston last week Kreji finished his check and blew up Stuart and we had a similar debate on our board..... here is a link to the hit.

http://video.thescore.com/watch/krejci-nails-stuart

The next day Shane Hnidy (one of our radio commentators) who played with both Krejci and Stuart said he had a chance to talk to Mark and Krej after the game and they both agreed it shouldn't be a suspension. Knight train said “Stuie you saw that hit coming and you turned the wrong way, you know you can't play D like that"! Shane called him out in a polite way. Stuie said "yea Shane that one is on me and Krej was just finishing his check."

it’s not apples to apples but despite the fact he is on my team I thought Stuie owned it when I watched the bruins game and I know it might not be popular but I think Bouchard owned a part of his hit last night as well. Stuie and Bouch have been playing hockey long enough to know how to minimize those checks. I am not as familiar with Bouchard’s Disciplinary record so I am making my call in a bubble here.

You guys have a very good AND ENTERTAINING team and I wish you all the best of luck tonight and for the rest of this season.. Backstrom was a beast last night! Also you guys have the classiest GDT of teams we have faced so far this year. Usually we get hated on for our booing.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
MNWILDFAN001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Hey Guys

Winnipeg fan coming in peace. When we faced Boston last week Kreji finished his check and blew up Stuart and we had a similar debate on our board..... here is a link to the hit.

The next day Shane Hnidy (one of our radio commentators) who played with both Krejci and Stuart said he had a chance to talk to Mark and Krej after the game and they both agreed it shouldn't be a suspension. Knight train said “Stuie you saw that hit coming and you turned the wrong way, you know you can't play D like that"! Shane called him out in a polite way. Stuie said "yea Shane that one is on me and Krej was just finishing his check."

it’s not apples to apples but despite the fact he is on my team I thought Stuie owned it when I watched the bruins game and I know it might not be popular but I think Bouchard owned a part of his hit last night as well. Stuie and Bouch have been playing hockey long enough to know how to minimize those checks. I am not as familiar with Bouchard’s Disciplinary record so I am making my call in a bubble here.

You guys have a very good AND ENTERTAINING team and I wish you all the best of luck tonight and for the rest of this season.. Backstrom was a beast last night! Also you guys have the classiest GDT of teams we have faced so far this year. Usually we get hated on for our booing.
But Kreji's hit was a full body check, he drove Stuart's whole body into the boards. Bouchard was crosschecked in the upper back. Which drove Bouchard face first into the boards.

Last edited by MNWILDFAN001: 04-15-2012 at 03:24 PM.
MNWILDFAN001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Hey Guys

Honestly, it's not the hit that we are having a major issue with on our boards.

It's the fact that there have been six calls now which should have warranted a review which were not even (or barely) looked at by the new Office of Player Safety. Yet, Bouchard (jokingly called Butcher now) whacks a dude in the hands on a face off, and because of that player raising his own stick in a severe and upward motion... Butcher's stick clobbered him in the mouth.

Pierre-Marc "I've had my head concussed for a year and a half" Bouchard was suspended for 2 games.

Why?

He was *honest*. Told Shanahan that he intended to whack the guy in the hands on the face off. Bam. Two games.

We lost Latendresse for 14 games because of an illegal check from behind in Calgary. No call on the ice. No review.

It just seems that it is actually open season on Wild players.

Hell, if you check with Columbus fans, they want one of their players to "Bertuzzi" Clutterbuck.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Hey Guys

thanks for the compliments and for coming in peace. (whats GDT or is it some swearing phrase)

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
thanks for the compliments and for coming in peace. (whats GDT or is it some swearing phrase)
GDT = Game Day Thread or General Discussion Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Gotaf7

Quote:
Game Day Thread

Gotaf7 is online now   Reply With Quote