HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/3... Wings-Nucks GDT

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 06:59 PM
thecanucker

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thecanucker
Hull scores

Old
11-03-2003, 07:06 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
I dont get it. Dave Lewis a "defenseman" when he played? I thought he would be a defensive coach! Then why with this suplus of defensemen and supposed defensive forwards can the Wings be so crappy at playing it?

I thought losing Fedorov would change the team in one way: It would make them clamp down and play boring hockey. As a Wings fan, I didnt like the idea of seeing that night after night, but if it meant playoff success, I was all for it... BUT WHAT THE :moon: IS THIS??!?!?

The team is undisciplined, and it stems back to last year. I am not saying they need Fedorov, but they can't play this way without him. One, he covered a lot of ground himself defensively and two he could move the puck into the opponents end like no one's business.

I agree, its a young season, and nothing is over yet, but damn... this team is not ready to play regular season NHL hockey.

Old
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
I dont get it. Dave Lewis a "defenseman" when he played? I thought he would be a defensive coach! Then why with this suplus of defensemen and supposed defensive forwards can the Wings be so crappy at playing it?
Dandenault, Woolley and Schneider aren't exactly good defensive D-men and that is 50% of our backline right there. As for the forwards, I don't see a surplus of defensive players at all. Draper, Maltby and Yzerman are good defensively, but after that.....

Wings don't have much time to re-group before the Calgary game either, so I doubt they will be able to make any significant changes, maybe put in Cujo(if healthy) and insert Hudler then hope for a miracle turn around.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:22 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Dandenault, Woolley and Schneider aren't exactly good defensive D-men and that is 50% of our backline right there. As for the forwards, I don't see a surplus of defensive players at all. Draper, Maltby and Yzerman are good defensively, but after that.....

Wings don't have much time to re-group before the Calgary game either, so I doubt they will be able to make any significant changes, maybe put in Cujo(if healthy) and insert Hudler then hope for a miracle turn around.
Yzerman is no longer very good defensively. He's a pylon. Once he stops skating, it takes him a while to get moving again.

I swear, I actually saw Bertuzzi use Yzerman as a pick to get around Dandenault.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:29 PM
PigPen

The way the wings are playing has nothing to do with their age.

They aren't prepared.
They aren't skating hard.
They aren't fighting for loose pucks.
They're making rookie mistakes in their own end due to what is mentioned above.

Who do I blame?

Dave ****ing Lewis for his mismanagement of the forwards.
Barry Smith for his mismanagement of the defense.
Joe Kocur for whatever it is he does as an assistant.

Fedorov went huge stretches without scoring and we won games. He was far from dominant defensively most nights, but we won games.
Only 21 of his points came on the road, but we had a good road record. 7th best on the road for that matter.
We aren't losing because a lack of offense. We have plenty of goals. 5th in the league.
Our goals against is tied for 29th. 20 of the 36 goals against us have come in the last 4 games.

Again who do I blame?

Dave ****ing Lewis for his mismanagement of the forwards.
Barry Smith for his mismanagement of the defense.
Joe Kocur for whatever it is he does as an assistant.

We need to get rid of Lewis now. His 14 years with the organization has obviously been much too long. It's time for a change.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Ajo

Hmm, this is getting ugly and very unusual, Wings playing sub .500 hockey.

I hope they can turn around this soon.

Old
11-03-2003, 10:48 PM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
I swear, I actually saw Bertuzzi use Yzerman as a pick to get around Dandenault.

hahaha.. you just made my day of this quote.

I was looking very much toward tonights game, but damn, Wings didnt skate!! they were literally standing.. Even with age and etc problems.. Wings is still a much much better team than they showed tonight.. and damn, i have 3 Wings on my yahoo team.. and total of -6 for them tonight.. #@$*#@

Closed Thread