Bogosian Given No Supplemental Discipline

Old
12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
someone that isn't lazy please archive this hit so we can rub it in Peg faces when one of their players gets torqued in the same way and they're all crying about suspension OMG worst hit ever!
Winnipeg fan coming in peace:

Just as it was pointed out Stuart got hit in a slightly similar fashion.

Also our best defensemen, Tobias Enstrom, has been out for quite a while with a separated shoulder on what looked like a questionable hit by Jack Skille:
The homer announcers kind of suck and eventually as a fan I had to go with the fact it was a clean hit, Enstrom didn't exactly touch the puck, he was reaching for it which put him in the position to get injured the way he did. It sucks, but as a fan I did get to see Byfuglien toss him around like a rag-doll and Ladd fought (and beat) Skille later.

You just have to roll with it, I'm sorry for your guys' loss, I've seen some Minny games and know Bouchard is a solid player.

Plus we'll be seeing a lot of you guys next year. I for one love rivalries and I can see it's already brewing.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWILDFAN001 View Post
But Kreji's hit was a full body check, he drove Stuart's whole body into the boards. Bouchard was crosschecked in the upper back. Which drove Bouchard face first into the boards.
Looking at those thumbnails, yeah, the hits aren't comparable.

The hit on Bouchard was pretty high - although he was probably leaning over to play the puck.

The whole situation is unfortunate.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:18 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

Also our best defensemen, Tobias Enstrom, has been out for quite a while with a separated shoulder on what looked like a questionable hit by Jack Skille.

You just have to roll with it, I'm sorry for your guys' loss, I've seen some Minny games and know Bouchard is a solid player.

Plus we'll be seeing a lot of you guys next year. I for one love rivalries and I can see it's already brewing.
Yeah, these things happen. And that wasn't the dirtiest one. Kind of an accident. As long as these "whining" threads are shorter than GDTs, I think we're okay Life goes on and Butch comes back..

Next year there will be some great games for sure!

And hey, at Saturday -> Greetings to Selanne from me too!

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:35 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantaa FI75 View Post
Yeah, these things happen. And that wasn't the dirtiest one. Kind of an accident. As long as these "whining" threads are shorter than GDTs, I think we're okay Life goes on and Butch comes back..

Next year there will be some great games for sure!

And hey, at Saturday -> Greetings to Selanne from me too!
Unless he doesn't; are you kidding? He's already had a bad concussion before, and his face was messed up last night. If he has another concussion, which isn't unlikely, he's pretty much done.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:

Also our best defensemen, Tobias Enstrom, has been out for quite a while with a separated shoulder on what looked like a questionable hit by Jack Skille
None of these three hits are similar. At all.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Unless he doesn't; are you kidding? He's already had a bad concussion before, and his face was messed up last night. If he has another concussion, which isn't unlikely, he's pretty much done.
That is true. Too fast I was, when heard he was already skating with broken nose. So very true, symptoms may come much later. It is way too early to say anything, my bad.

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 603
Fire Shannahan.

Out of a cannon.

Into the Sun.

I'm completely fed up with him. I'm just going to assume from now on that anything questionable to blatant that our opponent does to us is simply not going to result in a suspension, while anything questionable that our guys are involved with is going to result in some games missed. I had high hopes for Shannahan as the new league sherrif and was really happy when I saw him start posting those videos, but he is inconsistent as hell and seems like he wants to blame the players for not just standing there and taking hits more than he wants to blame the players who throw those bad hits, and that's just all kinds of bull ****. What Bouchard does during a hit should have no bearing on the discipline Bogosian receives. A dirty hit is a dirty hit, and I think Shannahan needs to lace his skates up again and be involved in a few hits to remind him of that fact. The man has completely lost touch with reality.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:30 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:

I hope you didn't take my comment to mean "I hope one of the Jets gets injured" because that wasn't it. I was referencing the fact that a lot of jets fans seem to be calling Bouchard stupid (in various terms) and pointing out it was mostly his fault. Not all of you, but more than not. This happens with every fanbase and it's always fun (or satisfying) to point out hypocrisy. We (plural, as a fanbase) have to swallow late(ish) hits all the time because of Clutterbuck, for instance.

rynryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:33 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Honestly, it's not the hit that we are having a major issue with on our boards.

It's the fact that there have been six calls now which should have warranted a review which were not even (or barely) looked at by the new Office of Player Safety. Yet, Bouchard (jokingly called Butcher now) whacks a dude in the hands on a face off, and because of that player raising his own stick in a severe and upward motion... Butcher's stick clobbered him in the mouth.

Pierre-Marc "I've had my head concussed for a year and a half" Bouchard was suspended for 2 games.

Why?

He was *honest*. Told Shanahan that he intended to whack the guy in the hands on the face off. Bam. Two games.

We lost Latendresse for 14 games because of an illegal check from behind in Calgary. No call on the ice. No review.

It just seems that it is actually open season on Wild players.

Hell, if you check with Columbus fans, they want one of their players to "Bertuzzi" Clutterbuck.
thanks for the context

I get the anger now given how erratic the justice system seems under these conditions

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
someone that isn't lazy please archive this hit so we can rub it in Peg faces when one of their players gets torqued in the same way and they're all crying about suspension OMG worst hit ever!
A hit like this already happened to the Jets. Letang did the same thing to Burmistrov and got suspended 2-3 games. (cant remember the length)

You tell me which is worse.

Last edited by SwimToTheMoon: 12-14-2011 at 06:45 PM.
SwimToTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Letang got suspended for a similar hit and so did Chris Stewart. Carcillo was a little more dangerous but still a boarding call.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Dampland

vCash: 528
I don't think it is "open season' on Wild players, and I don't think Z-Bogs deserved a suspension for his hit on PMB. Was it a bad hit? YES, did he target the head? NO; he clearly was trying to push PMB against the boards, but PMB turned against the boards at the last second to reverse his course and as he did it, he leaned forward. It was a terrible/dangerous result, but it was NOT a attempt to injure, nor a head shot; so I think the Major and Misconduct was just right.

The fact that the Wild were outplayed by Winny last night is what bothers me the most.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Podgornik

Think of it this way, replace Bouchard with Cros-baby (both have major concussion issues) and what happens to Bogosian? Interesting thought considering its an absolute guarantee Bogosian gets hung from the rafters if its Cros-baby...

Podgornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgornik View Post
Think of it this way, replace Bouchard with Cros-baby (both have major concussion issues) and what happens to Bogosian? Interesting thought considering its an absolute guarantee Bogosian gets hung from the rafters if its Cros-baby...
And this is why I think all levels of officiating in the NHL are utterly terrible.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:37 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgornik View Post
I actually really like Crosby as a player, and don't get all the hate, but I have to agree with this. No question in my mind that the exact same hit on Crosby would draw a suspension.

Now if a Bruin boarded Crosby, who knows...it's the old "unstoppable force hits a moving object" problem!

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Wueste

In the interests of further fostering a rivalry between the two teams, I think a campaign should be started to "boo" Bogosian every time he touches the puck in Minnesota.

Wueste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:47 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wueste View Post
In the interests of further fostering a rivalry between the two teams, I think a campaign should be started to "boo" Bogosian every time he touches the puck in Minnesota.
If the Winnipeg game wasn't already close to sold out, I would be getting tickets for that purpose.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote