HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 30: Blue Jackets def. Canucks - 2-1 (SO) - Lapierre

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 02:38 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Yup, everything I've seen points to a pretty epic collapse by the Wild. Those numbers just aren't sustainable. The questions is, have they put enough in the bank to still make the playoffs when that eventual crash happens.

Old
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
xtr3m

Ebbett hopeful.
Schneider to start.

Carolina will be without Skinner and Pitkanen.

Old
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Zippgunn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
The PP was bad.......really hurt us

PS if anyone is a member of CDC, I need a favour because I cant contract the mod for I been temporary suspended for no reason
Why bother; the new bunch of mods there are hell bent on removing anybody who dares print a discouraging word. I was banned after 6,000 odd posts and 8 years for calling someone a "fool" (he suggested that Lucic was a jerk for bringing the Cup to Vancouver, his hometown). Apparently that was a "personal attack"!. I have been called far worse than that by the MODS! The mod doing the banning has under 30 posts to their name. Once you are suspended they make it impossible to contact the mod who did it and they never give any explanation which IMHO is Internet bullying of the first water. My solution was to create a bunch of new accounts that only post rah rah rah posts of the most moronic ilk. Strangely I get plussed a lot. Must be that what they really want is simply a "cheerleader" site. No post is too offensive there if it is directed at the Bruins or Hawks; there is some of the most disgusting hate spew posted there recently, much of it advocating the infliction of careerending injuries on particularly hated players (i.e. players that have had good success against the Canucks). No wonder there was a riot after game 7 of the SCF.

Old
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Anyone else feel Ballard is getting better? I thought he looked quite good for the most part. Certainly looks like a fine 5th d-man over the last few games.

Old
12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Anyone else feel Ballard is getting better? I thought he looked quite good for the most part. Certainly looks like a fine 5th d-man over the last few games.
Yeah, agreed. Looking at the numbers, scoring chances are now 25-11 for the Canucks with him on the ice in December.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:36 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Exactly.

It’s like people expect this team to go 35-0 against non-playoff teams, and then get angry when we go 30-5 about how we’re ‘lazy’ and ‘blow points’.

This team has absolutely massacred poor teams in the last few years. But you’re not going to get every result, every night, and not all your wins are going to be dominant blowouts.

I’ve made this point before, but fans here are getting really, really spoiled. Might be because there’s now a whole generation of fans that don’t really remember the team being legitimately bad. There’s actually a post in this thread complaining that we went 8-1-1 in a 10-game stretch against iffy teams.
Don't forget we have no goal scorers and are terrible at finishing despite finishing 2nd last year and currently sitting 5th. If we can't finish shame on the 25 teams that are worse than terrible.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Twitter = tweets from bird brains. meh

Old
12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Summary of most of the posts in this thread:

"I'm so mad the Canucks don't go 82-0 for the season. We should be able to beat x team. **** y player and their not showing up."

Can't win them all. I'd say we're doing a pretty damn good job right now.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that most really good teams go .500 for long road trips.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Well, I think we've said all we could say about this clunker. Pre-game thread for the 'Canes is up so let's continue there.

Closed Thread