HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/13/11 "Frozen Over" - Devils VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Frek
WE SEE RED!

vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
there is not a scintilla of factual basis to that statement. We are on pace for over 100 points. Our goaltending has been good but far from out of this world. We have talent and character that works hard and thats why we lead the division and even in a little funk we accumulate points.

And when we get out of this one, we will have another one, thats the way an 82 game season goes. And Tallon will tweek our needs as he did with Barch. And if our goaltending faulters, i hear there is not too shabby a AHL'er waiting in the wings.

You want to follow a team thatll be lucky to get in the playoffs, follow the devils.
Adam graves, don't bother with this guy, look through nhlfan9191's post history and it's abundantly clear that he's not a fan of this team. He uses the term "we" on a lot of teams boards and never has anything constructive or positive to say. In fact this account is probably somebody's 2nd account for the sole purpose of trolling. Take a gander through his post history and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Ya those 10 shots were pretty week, but thats devils hockey: boring, 1-4 D , rely on brodeur. It works, as long as you load up with no-doze.

Enjoy.
Wait what? The ten shots were weak? Hmmm ok. We put up 35 shots on you guys and both of your goals were a direct result of two brainfarts. Come on man, its ok to say we played better and deserved it

Last edited by SMantzas: 12-14-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Wait what? The ten shots were weak? Hmmm ok. We put up 35 shots on you guys and both of your goals were a direct result of two brainfarts. Come on man, its ok to say we played better and deserved it
That was your guys BEST game of the season, and if it wasnt for fleischmann's shot that easily beat brodeur but rang off the post your BEST EFFORT would have ended in a regulation loss. Dont you feel good about your team? Dont kid yourselves you guys are scrubs with one good offensive line, patchwork defense, washed up goaltending, and a coach who should have never left the minors.

It would be a miracle for your team to make the playoffs, i can think of eight teams that are much better off the top of my head, Florida included.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:21 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Its OK if it were true, but it wasnt.

If you had 2 brainfarts that led to goals YOU DIDNT PLAY BETTER. Moreover we had to capitalize on them, as good division leading teams do.

Neither team played well, and the result reflects that.

Its just so sad to come to the Devils games knowing their brand of 90s clutch and grab hockey is going to kill any entertainment value. That is the worst of it.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
The way I saw it, all 4 goals (maybe 3) in that game were a result of defensive errors, its pretty simple. Larsson giveaway, Tallinder giveaway, Versteeg puts it right on Elias' stick and Parise gets a bounce off the backboards (poor coverage).

The difference in the game? Effort. New Jersey is a good team, there's no doubt about it and I expect them to fight for a playoff spot all season. They outworked the Panthers I'd say through 75-80% of the game. Sure, Flash hit the post and Sykora missed a wide open net, either of which could have decided it, but it came down to the Devils wanting it more (in regulation anyway).

In OT, the Panthers seemed to press more, but that's expected since New Jersey is unreal in the shootout (I'd be playing for a shootout too).

The only thing I could see coming back to haunt the Devils is the amount of OT/SO wins. They only have 9 regulation wins out of 16. The first tie-breaker is of course regulation wins (row column).

Anyway, lets not forget the last time we played the Devils, we dominated about 90% of the game, so we just need to start doing what has made us successful.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
That was your guys BEST game of the season, and if it wasnt for fleischmann's shot that easily beat brodeur but rang off the post your BEST EFFORT would have ended in a regulation loss. Dont you feel good about your team? Dont kid yourselves you guys are scrubs with one good offensive line, patchwork defense, washed up goaltending, and a coach who should have never left the minors.

It would be a miracle for your team to make the playoffs, i can think of eight teams that are much better off the top of my head, Florida included.
Thanks for the laugh. If Sykora converts on the lay up with time expiring you dont get a point. See how easy that is? And this was a good effort on our part, but not our best. A game against LA was a in November. Any sane fan could admit that the Devils were the better team last night. And we're a one line team? Ok sure, but our leading scorer isnt on that line so that kinda nullifies that argument. Sure the Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk line was dominant last night, but the Zubrus-Elias-Sykora line has probably been better all year. You guys are probably a much better example of a one line team. Flash has the least amount of points on your top line with 30 and then your next leading offensive scorer is Kopecky with 13 lol.

And regarding us being a scrub team? Sure believe what you want, but we were missing two of our top 4 (Volchenkov and Greene) and two of our top natural centers (Zajac and Josefson)

Old
12-14-2011, 11:46 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh. If Sykora converts on the lay up with time expiring you dont get a point. See how easy that is? And this was a good effort on our part, but not our best. A game against LA was a in November. Any sane fan could admit that the Devils were the better team last night. And we're a one line team? Ok sure, but our leading scorer isnt on that line so that kinda nullifies that argument. Sure the Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk line was dominant last night, but the Zubrus-Elias-Sykora line has probably been better all year. You guys are probably a much better example of a one line team. Flash has the least amount of points on your top line with 30 and then your next leading offensive scorer is Kopecky with 13 lol.

And regarding us being a scrub team? Sure believe what you want, but we were missing two of our top 4 (Volchenkov and Greene) and two of our top natural centers (Zajac and Josefson)
But as you said yourself if fleischmann's shot went in about 15 minutes earlier, sykora who clearly missed an empty net goal wouldnt have mattered regardless. And that goes to the second point elias is good by himself, certainly not due to the help of his linemates. And if you consider two of your top 4 as volchenkov and greene than i still consider your defense patchwork at best. Zajac and Josefson (Who?) are two natural top centers.

Thanks for my laugh, troll.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
But as you said yourself if fleischmann's shot went in about 15 minutes earlier, sykora who clearly missed an empty net goal wouldnt have mattered regardless. And that goes to the second point elias is good by himself, certainly not due to the help of his linemates. And if you consider two of your top 4 as volchenkov and greene than i still consider your defense patchwork at best. Zajac and Josefson (Who?) are two natural top centers.

Thanks for my laugh, troll.
So you're saying if Fleischmann's shot goes in theres no way the Devils could come back? We already came back twice in that game, whats once more? And Elias is part of that line, which makes it........a good line. If you dont know who Josefson is than I feel like youre pretty uninformed so Im done arguing with you then

Old
12-14-2011, 12:05 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
So you're saying if Fleischmann's shot goes in theres no way the Devils could come back? We already came back twice in that game, whats once more? And Elias is part of that line, which makes it........a good line. If you dont know who Josefson is than I feel like youre pretty uninformed so Im done arguing with you then

Thank God.

For the record this is the second time you have come over to our boards. The first being the previous game against the devils. I dont know if you do it to other teams when theyre playing the devils. But it is not appreciated i assure you. If you want to go over to other teams boards the least you can do is applaud them. The only posts ive ever seen you have are incredibly biased and downright arrogant.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:07 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

The Devils have two great lines. I don't understand how people call them a one line team. I still think Elias is the most dangerous on the team, and Sykora always has been right next to him. The two of them have always come through their teams in the clutch.

We got lucky at the end of the reg for sure.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Josefson is a solid 4th line grinder if I'm correct. Im a Panthers fan and I think the Devils outworked us. However, the Panthers have a legitimate gripe in the way the game was refereed.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:11 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Thank God.

For the record this is the second time you have come over to our boards. The first being the previous game against the devils. I dont know if you do it to other teams when theyre playing the devils. But it is not appreciated i assure you. If you want to go over to other teams boards the least you can do is applaud them. The only posts ive ever seen you have are incredibly biased and downright arrogant.
Actually my first post in this thread was complementing your top line saying that it was exciting seeing it go against ours. I am rooting for you guys. It would be nice to see your fanbase come back to life after 11-12 years without the playoffs.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
Josefson is a solid 4th line grinder if I'm correct. Im a Panthers fan and I think the Devils outworked us. However, the Panthers have a legitimate gripe in the way the game was refereed.
A 4th line grinder? No. Hes an up and coming Center who projects to be a solid 2 way second line cetner

Old
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
The way I saw it, all 4 goals (maybe 3) in that game were a result of defensive errors, its pretty simple. Larsson giveaway, Tallinder giveaway, Versteeg puts it right on Elias' stick and Parise gets a bounce off the backboards (poor coverage).

The difference in the game? Effort. New Jersey is a good team, there's no doubt about it and I expect them to fight for a playoff spot all season. They outworked the Panthers I'd say through 75-80% of the game. Sure, Flash hit the post and Sykora missed a wide open net, either of which could have decided it, but it came down to the Devils wanting it more (in regulation anyway).

In OT, the Panthers seemed to press more, but that's expected since New Jersey is unreal in the shootout (I'd be playing for a shootout too).

The only thing I could see coming back to haunt the Devils is the amount of OT/SO wins. They only have 9 regulation wins out of 16. The first tie-breaker is of course regulation wins (row column).

Anyway, lets not forget the last time we played the Devils, we dominated about 90% of the game, so we just need to start doing what has made us successful.
The difference?

Our best friends since the lockout.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:24 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
A 4th line grinder? No. Hes an up and coming Center who projects to be a solid 2 way second line cetner
Enjoy New Jersey.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:28 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Enjoy New Jersey.
lol ok thanks?

Old
12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
I'd trade you Bradley Upshall and Samuelsson...

Old
12-14-2011, 03:04 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Keyword is project.

Go ahead and get back to us on that one until then I think 4th-line grinder is sufficient.

Old
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
Keyword is project.

Go ahead and get back to us on that one until then I think 4th-line grinder is sufficient.
How is he a 4th line grinder? He was drafted 20th overall in 2009. Here, I'll save you the trouble of having to do any research on your own.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/Jacob_Josefson

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...efson_profile/

Old
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
How is he a 4th line grinder? He was drafted 20th overall in 2009. Here, I'll save you the trouble of having to do any research on your own.

Why is it that you have trouble distinguishing between the present and the future?

Old
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Boooooth10

Woah, Versteeg's goal (the first one) from last night was on PTI. I don't remember the last time anything about the Panthers was on that show.

Old
12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
Quote:

Rostislav Olesz was drafted 9th overall. He is also going to be a 2nd line center.

Old
12-14-2011, 06:57 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Why is it that you have trouble distinguishing between the present and the future?
Josefson was playing great hockey on our 2nd line before he got hurt this year and was only improving....a pretty big loss. I guess Huberdeau is a "4th line grinder too" by your logic

Old
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

im waiting for this to deteriorate to my father can take your father...

Old
12-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
We're done here. I hope the next time can be a little more civil.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Closed Thread