HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

San Jose @ Colorado | 12/13/11 7 PM MST | Here Comes The Pain

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
  #476
Ivan13
Problem child
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,858
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Sacco's comment on Elliott's goal.
He never stops to amaze me. ''That play works too'' that's pure comedy gold. It's like he's pissed off because Stef didn't just dump the puck.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
  #477
Freudian
luck paper scissors
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 26,843
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He never stops to amaze me. ''That play works too'' that's pure comedy gold. It's like he's pissed off because Stef didn't just dump the puck.
I suspect it was a joke from Sacco. Irony doesn't always show in writing.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
  #478
Ivan13
Problem child
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,858
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I suspect it was a joke from Sacco. Irony doesn't always show in writing.
Yeah, when i think about it, it probably is. But if there's someone capable of saying someting like that it's Joe Sacco.

PS

And the fact that I'm half asleep doesn't help my ''irony detector''.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
  #479
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 20,619
vCash: 50
Just finished watching the game and a few notes.

1. When was the last time an Avs D could do what Elliott did? That was electrifying. Cant really teach that.

2. Galiardi had a great game...besides his usual high stick. Man I love the guy but he doesnt do himself any favors especially being on a short leash with Sacco when he takes penalties like that. Still had a great game imo.

3. Oh Varly how I feel for you bud. Zero chance on all those goals. Duchene caught puck watching on the second goal and SOB and ROB made too look like pylons by Couture. Hes money in the shootout though kinda like Theodore was...yah I went there.

4. Fire Sacco. Serious ROB and SOB with a minute left to defend a lead? GTFO

5. ROB sucks so bad like real bad.

6. Johnson with a good game nice shot that lead to the Winnik goal.

7. That had to have been the best PP the Avs had had all season long. Notice how they didnt dump the puck in once? Duchene carrying the puck in over the line set up that entire sequence. Crisp passes, winning puck battles and a sweet pass by ROR, Nice screen by Lando and precision shot by Duchene. Gorgeous.

8. Anyone else glad Jones didnt get more then a one year contract? Boy is this guy terrible. Even his shootout attempt looked lazy.

9. Paul Stastny might have had one of his best games of the year. Sweet moves, moved his feet, sweet pass to Hejda. Loved his game even without getting a point he looked great last night.

10. Stealing aline from Pierre Mcguire. Ryan O'Reilly just gets it. Another great game from him. He has elevated his play alot this season. If only he had Duchenes hands he be unstoppable.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:10 PM
  #480
Ice Crusher
Registered User
 
Ice Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Just finished watching the game and a few notes.

1. When was the last time an Avs D could do what Elliott did? That was electrifying. Cant really teach that.

2. Galiardi had a great game...besides his usual high stick. Man I love the guy but he doesnt do himself any favors especially being on a short leash with Sacco when he takes penalties like that. Still had a great game imo.

3. Oh Varly how I feel for you bud. Zero chance on all those goals. Duchene caught puck watching on the second goal and SOB and ROB made too look like pylons by Couture. Hes money in the shootout though kinda like Theodore was...yah I went there.

4. Fire Sacco. Serious ROB and SOB with a minute left to defend a lead? GTFO

5. ROB sucks so bad like real bad.

6. Johnson with a good game nice shot that lead to the Winnik goal.

7. That had to have been the best PP the Avs had had all season long. Notice how they didnt dump the puck in once? Duchene carrying the puck in over the line set up that entire sequence. Crisp passes, winning puck battles and a sweet pass by ROR, Nice screen by Lando and precision shot by Duchene. Gorgeous.

8. Anyone else glad Jones didnt get more then a one year contract? Boy is this guy terrible. Even his shootout attempt looked lazy.

9. Paul Stastny might have had one of his best games of the year. Sweet moves, moved his feet, sweet pass to Hejda. Loved his game even without getting a point he looked great last night.

10. Stealing aline from Pierre Mcguire. Ryan O'Reilly just gets it. Another great game from him. He has elevated his play alot this season. If only he had Duchenes hands he be unstoppable.
Glad you saw it since nobody responded to my last post talking about it. Thought I would have been the only guy that just hallucinate there wasn't any dumping on the PP

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
  #481
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 20,619
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Crusher View Post
Glad you saw it since nobody responded to my last post talking about it. Thought I would have been the only guy that just hallucinate there wasn't any dumping on the PP
How can knowone not notice haha. They hit the blue line and set up shop it was great. Thats a crazy young unit too with the exception of Hejduk. Lando- ROR- Hejduk Elliott and Duchene on the point.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:01 PM
  #482
TheStranger
Registered User
 
TheStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
7. That had to have been the best PP the Avs had had all season long. Notice how they didnt dump the puck in once? Duchene carrying the puck in over the line set up that entire sequence. Crisp passes, winning puck battles and a sweet pass by ROR, Nice screen by Lando and precision shot by Duchene. Gorgeous.
Pretty sure it was Hejduk that made the pass on the Duchene goal. At least the primary pass

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
  #483
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
NothingLikeAnEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post

4. Fire Sacco. Serious ROB and SOB with a minute left to defend a lead? GTFO
In all fairness, SOB iced the puck so he couldn't get off the ice. Then SJ had pressure and we never got it all the way out so they couldn't change.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
  #484
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
You guys need EJ to start pinching in with the points. Thats when Duchene and Staz will explode.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:08 AM
  #485
TheStranger
Registered User
 
TheStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
You guys need EJ to start pinching in with the points. Thats when Duchene and Staz will explode.
EJ needs to do a lot of things.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:30 AM
  #486
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,094
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I suspect it was a joke from Sacco. Irony doesn't always show in writing.
I can see the irony undertone in the comment, a sort of shoulder shrug "That works too." but part of why I posted it was because there shouldn't have needed to be any irony in the statement.

That play should be something he tells his defensemen to do (the ones that can at least)...

Let's put it this way, I coach teenagers and get them to carry it up more often and break into the zone cleaner than Sacco has had our team do all season. I can't understand why he wouldn't look to play the game style he wanted the Avs to be identified by, speed, puck possession and aggression.

D to D passing and then the breakout to the Winger up the boards is a great move... when you don't have the space to carry it up. Which we usually do, but try to force the pass through the neutral zone anyways.

I love the win, I love seeing our players playing hard, but I can't stand the approach we take to getting there. I was defending Sacco all last season and offseason thinking it was an anomaly, he can't be this bad, something else is going on. But I have nothing left to explain why he coaches the way he does.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:45 AM
  #487
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
We have enough room in this thread for tonights game.. can we just change the title? We don't need two SJS GDT's floating around.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
  #488
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Please?

Prettty please?


Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
  #489
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,414
vCash: 400
LOL. G2P posts the best stuff. hahaha.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
  #490
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon
 
AMDZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
LOL. G2P posts the best stuff. hahaha.
Nice stolen avatar we have

I cut mine up so its more square ttho

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
  #491
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,414
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Nice stolen avatar we have

I cut mine up so its more square ttho
Mine is in widescreen.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
  #492
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,657
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Please?

Prettty please?

My boring desk job would be even more boring w/o the posts made daily by G2P...It gets me through the day, through the night, and up the next morning to come right back and waste more of my time/life.

And for that, I thank you G2P.

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
  #493
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Oh I am so undeserving of your praises guys but thank you.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.