HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

McDonagh vs Subban

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have in your top four?
P.K. Subban 229 42.25%
Ryan McDonagh 313 57.75%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
  #126
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
One game proves everything when it supports your argument.

How about the game against the Penguins, or the game against the Flyers? Where McDonagh was spectacular? Of course, those don't count, because he had that one bad game against Tampa. (I'm not saying he hasn't had bad games aside from that one...but he's had significantly more "great" games than bad ones.)
Didn't you know? Good players aren't allowed to have bad games.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline  
Old
12-12-2011, 11:36 PM
  #127
tavehockey123*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Ok, so once again, instead of picking out one sentence and making some unproductive, sarcastic, out of context remark, tell me... What type of player do you see McDonagh becoming, and more importantly, what value would you place on that type of player. I'm truly interested in seeing what it would have cost a team to acquire Bobby Orr in his prime, and feel McDonaghs value to the Rangers, may be the closest we'll ever get to replicating Orr's.

tavehockey123* is offline  
Old
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
  #128
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
CDH/St. Paul native McDonagh. I'd probably take Justin Faulk over both of them though.

651* is offline  
Old
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
  #129
Richards to Gaborik
Registered User
 
Richards to Gaborik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavehockey123 View Post
Ok, so once again, instead of picking out one sentence and making some unproductive, sarcastic, out of context remark, tell me... What type of player do you see McDonagh becoming, and more importantly, what value would you place on that type of player. I'm truly interested in seeing what it would have cost a team to acquire Bobby Orr in his prime, and feel McDonaghs value to the Rangers, may be the closest we'll ever get to replicating Orr's.
Nice use of sarcasm.. and nobody has to answer any of your questions. No matter what you are just gonna bash Mcdonagh simply because you hate the rangers. What the point in even replying to you anymore? This sure as hell will be my last reply to you.

Richards to Gaborik is offline  
Old
12-14-2011, 11:33 PM
  #130
tavehockey123*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards to Gaborik View Post
Nice use of sarcasm.. and nobody has to answer any of your questions. No matter what you are just gonna bash Mcdonagh simply because you hate the rangers. What the point in even replying to you anymore? This sure as hell will be my last reply to you.
Your avatar is so cool. Real badass. Along with everyone else who felt compelled to update theirs too like 10 minutes after the incident.

tavehockey123* is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 12:05 AM
  #131
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,885
vCash: 500
How is McD leading this poll? Wow.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:06 AM
  #132
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
How is McD leading this poll? Wow.
Good question. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
Picked McD because everyone else will pick PK.
edit: Oh and in no way am I insinuating McDonagh isn't a stud defenseman, but he's not on par with Subban at the moment.

Lastly... Subban usually starts off slow at every level he's played in and finishes off red hot, and just now picking up his game so watch out. He is better at this point of the season then he was last year too (read: not as horrible) so it's a good sign because even though he wasn't putting up his usual points he still gets the job done defensively for 25 mins a night. On the other hand McD is slowly coming back to earth with 0 pts and a -4 rating in the last5, meanwhile Subban already caught up in pts while playing better defensive hockey than him.


Last edited by poetryinmotion: 12-15-2011 at 06:21 AM.
poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:57 AM
  #133
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,272
vCash: 500
I voted Subban. Very surprised to see McDonaugh winning this one, but I don'T care.

Just thinking that we could have both angers me.

wedge is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 09:58 AM
  #134
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Lastly... Subban usually starts off slow at every level he's played in and finishes off red hot, and just now picking up his game so watch out. He is better at this point of the season then he was last year too (read: not as horrible) so it's a good sign because even though he wasn't putting up his usual points he still gets the job done defensively for 25 mins a night. On the other hand McD is slowly coming back to earth with 0 pts and a -4 rating in the last5, meanwhile Subban already caught up in pts while playing better defensive hockey than him.
What a great post

If you did any research. you would know that the Rangers have been terrible the past 5 games. Some Habs fans here are saying we can't judge McD after 30 games, but YOU can after 5

And Subban playing better defense...

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 10:16 AM
  #135
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
What a great post

If you did any research. you would know that the Rangers have been terrible the past 5 games. Some Habs fans here are saying we can't judge McD after 30 games, but YOU can after 5

And Subban playing better defense...
Oh, I'm sorry if my post offended you but I am merely stating facts.

Then if we can't judge him after 30 games, why is he tied in this poll over a player with more baggage in the NHL than him, and one who hasn't had a bad season to boot. What are you basing the poll results on, then, last year? Oh wait, he had half a season in the NHL with 6 pts. You can't have it both ways. And yes, Subban is playing some terrific defensive hockey, so spare me your juvenile emotes.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 10:43 AM
  #136
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Oh, I'm sorry if my post offended you but I am merely stating facts.

Then if we can't judge him after 30 games, why is he tied in this poll over a player with more baggage in the NHL than him, and one who hasn't had a bad season to boot. What are you basing the poll results on, then, last year? Oh wait, he had half a season in the NHL with 6 pts. You can't have it both ways. And yes, Subban is playing some terrific defensive hockey, so spare me your juvenile emotes.
You're post did not offend me, I just stated my diagreement with it.

Your first point is an atrocious argument. It's probably not what you meant, but it says that Subban is better than McDonagh because he played more games
"He hasn't had a bad season" Neither has McDonagh. In fact, few players have had 'bad' seasons 30 games into their sophomopre year. Amazing isn't it /sarcasm

You obviously didn't watch McDonagh this last year, or this year while we're at it. he lacked the confidence to participate in the offense, so you can't determine everything from then. Also, his amazing defensive play was at the same level last year.

And you're last point is just agreeing with me. I never said that Subban isn't playing good defense, I said he isn't as good as McDonagh. You're not responding to that, because you feel you can't argue against it. So, you are trying to evade it.

And refering to you'Re first statement. It's really sad how few people know the differnce between facts, and opinions.

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 12:06 PM
  #137
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
You're post did not offend me, I just stated my diagreement with it.

Your first point is an atrocious argument. It's probably not what you meant, but it says that Subban is better than McDonagh because he played more games
"He hasn't had a bad season" Neither has McDonagh. In fact, few players have had 'bad' seasons 30 games into their sophomopre year. Amazing isn't it /sarcasm

You obviously didn't watch McDonagh this last year, or this year while we're at it. he lacked the confidence to participate in the offense, so you can't determine everything from then. Also, his amazing defensive play was at the same level last year.

And you're last point is just agreeing with me. I never said that Subban isn't playing good defense, I said he isn't as good as McDonagh. You're not responding to that, because you feel you can't argue against it. So, you are trying to evade it.

And refering to you'Re first statement. It's really sad how few people know the differnce between facts, and opinions.
I didn't feel the need to back up my statement for such a troll post, no. And even then, that was only my opinion, which is what's making you so angry because, as for the rest of my post, facts are facts right? There's no denying that Subban is playing better defensively than McDonagh right now if you look at the trend over the past 5-10 games. But not just that. McDonagh isn't even your #1 defenseman, while Subban is by far and away the best overall for Canadiens this season and logging top minutes to prove it. You can just look at the Boucher scouting thread in our forum if you think I'm pulling this out of my ass. Oops, I guess I just argued against it, my bad.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 12:32 PM
  #138
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I didn't feel the need to back up my statement for such a troll post, no. And even then, that was only my opinion, which is what's making you so angry because, as for the rest of my post, facts are facts right? There's no denying that Subban is playing better defensively than McDonagh right now if you look at the trend over the past 5-10 games. But not just that. McDonagh isn't even your #1 defenseman, while Subban is by far and away the best overall for Canadiens this season and logging top minutes to prove it. You can just look at the Boucher scouting thread in our forum if you think I'm pulling this out of my ass. Oops, I guess I just argued against it, my bad.
This probably won't get through to you, but let's try again...

McDonagh was lights out against Dallas, and fine, just unlucky the past two games. You wanna know why Subban is your #1? You have a **** defense. Price is the reason you're winning games. Even Habs fans are saying so. The Rangers have a current Norris contender as their number 1.

And it wasn't a troll post. That's just you trying to make things up to back up your horrible arguments

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
  #139
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
This probably won't get through to you, but let's try again...

McDonagh was lights out against Dallas, and fine, just unlucky the past two games. You wanna know why Subban is your #1? You have a **** defense. Price is the reason you're winning games. Even Habs fans are saying so. The Rangers have a current Norris contender as their number 1.

And it wasn't a troll post. That's just you trying to make things up to back up your horrible arguments
So what you're saying is that Subban is adequately carrying a defense for 2 straight years then?

I'm sorry, but Girardi is not a Norris contender either.. Gorges has similar numbers yet you don't see him in the discussion either. And if you had Marc Staal, McDo would most likely be playing second paring minutes.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
  #140
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
So what you're saying is that Subban is adequately carrying a defense for 2 straight years then?

I'm sorry, but Girardi is not a Norris contender either.. Gorges has similar numbers yet you don't see him in the discussion either. And if you had Marc Staal, McDo would most likely be playing second paring minutes.
Here you go with your numbers again. And since Subban > Gorges, and Gorges = Girardi, Subban > Girardi?

Subban carrying his defense for 2 years? I never said anything of the likes. This is ridiculous. I love debating with some people on this site. Unfortunately, you will always find those who are either ignorant, or just plain stupid.

I'm through with you, your faulty logic, and your ignorance.



btw, Girardi is in Norris discussion, not that it matter at this point, nor do trophies like that matter

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM
  #141
Slick Eller
Registered User
 
Slick Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Laurentides
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
What a great post

If you did any research. you would know that the Rangers have been terrible the past 5 games. Some Habs fans here are saying we can't judge McD after 30 games, but YOU can after 5

And Subban playing better defense...
I don't care who you think is better. I'm with you that people are nitpicking some bad games from McDonagh only for trying prove a point.

But why are you laughing at Subban playing better defense? If anything, there is a legit argument for both of them. Its not like either of one is playing at a way better level in their zone to clearly tell who is better or not.

Subban isn't producing offensively, why do you think our coach still use him against the best players on the others team ? Because he is doing a great job at it, and you know what? He isn't doing it for the 1/3 of the season like McDonagh, he is doing it from last year 2nd half + playoffs, + playoffs in his pre-rookie season when he played only the last 2 games of the year and now, the beginning of the season.

Subban still need to work on better decision making to when to pinch, when to keep the puck or pass it. But down low in his own zone, there is nothing but great things about his game.

Slick Eller is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 04:33 PM
  #142
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Here you go with your numbers again. And since Subban > Gorges, and Gorges = Girardi, Subban > Girardi?

Subban carrying his defense for 2 years? I never said anything of the likes. This is ridiculous. I love debating with some people on this site. Unfortunately, you will always find those who are either ignorant, or just plain stupid.

I'm through with you, your faulty logic, and your ignorance.



btw, Girardi is in Norris discussion, not that it matter at this point, nor do trophies like that matter
You obviously said that if you think our defense is garbage, and I've established that Subban is miles ahead of anyone on it not named Gorges, try reading what you reply to.

Not much difference in Subban, Girardi and Gorges defensively. You are delusional if you think Girardi is in the Norris discussion, just stop. There's a good number of defensemen that should be considered ahead of him.

You're defintiely a troll too, 3 replies to me with nothing but attacks on the poster not a single shred of counterargument.


Last edited by poetryinmotion: 12-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:10 PM
  #143
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You obviously said that if you think our defense is garbage, and I've established that Subban is miles ahead of anyone on it not named Gorges, try reading what you reply to.

Not much difference in Subban, Girardi and Gorges defensively. You are delusional if you think Girardi is in the Norris discussion, just stop. There's a good number of defensemen that should be considered ahead of him.

You're defintiely a troll too, 3 replies to me with nothing but attacks on the poster not a single shred of counterargument.
I said I won't reply, but it's just too tempting.

The first thing you say, I can live with, a mistake on my part.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but no one will agree with you. Not a single person.

And I'm not saying he's in early Norris discussion. That's what discussion means. Multiple people, and sources are doing it, including Media outlets.

Nothing but attacks on the poster? I countered, or in this case acknowledged, very single one of your points.

PS: thank you for actually spacing your post, it was easier on the eyes.

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
  #144
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Subban

LeafsFan2342 is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:43 PM
  #145
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
I said I won't reply, but it's just too tempting.

The first thing you say, I can live with, a mistake on my part.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but no one will agree with you. Not a single person.

And I'm not saying he's in early Norris discussion. That's what discussion means. Multiple people, and sources are doing it, including Media outlets.

Nothing but attacks on the poster? I countered, or in this case acknowledged, very single one of your points.

PS: thank you for actually spacing your post, it was easier on the eyes.
And thank you for changing the tone of your post.

Alas, I will not debate this further as the mention McDonagh still stings if you are a Habs fan. I still don't think he is better than Subban, but the difference between the two so far in the season is minimal and the poll results actually correlate so go figure. One started on fire but came back down to earth somewhat lately, while it is the opposite for the other but it evens out in the end.

In any case, enjoy him Rangers fans.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
  #146
Claimed Off Waivers
Registered User
 
Claimed Off Waivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
Just thinking that we could have both angers me.
I'm hoping Bealieu,Tinordi and a Gomez burial/buyout can help erase McD from our memory.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 06:53 PM
  #147
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
And thank you for changing the tone of your post.

Alas, I will not debate this further as the mention McDonagh still stings if you are a Habs fan. I still don't think he is better than Subban, but the difference between the two so far in the season is minimal and the poll results actually correlate so go figure. One started on fire but came back down to earth somewhat lately, while it is the opposite for the other but it evens out in the end.

In any case, enjoy him Rangers fans.
Well, have a nice day.

We'll have opinions, and they probably won't change, but that's human nature. Thank you for at least not spewing hateful things (it doesn't bother me, but i see it as juvenile)

btw, i'm all for subban getting a hat-trick today

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
  #148
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,421
vCash: 500
Big Pernell showing up in a HUGE way tonight.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
  #149
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Big Pernell showing up in a HUGE way tonight.
Him being benched is ridiculous. He's had a very bad year offensively but he's far from bad defensively and usually plays the toughest minutes.

Weber, Diaz, Gill and Campoli (aka Crampoli or Crapoli) should all get benched before him.

Anyways the team lost by a much worst score than usual (usually games are frustratingly close), it clearly didn't help that he wasn't there.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
  #150
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Subban

McMonster is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.