HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic vs Carkner.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

vCash: 500
My question is what does a Lucic vs Carkner fight have to do with the Habs? You guys...

Good tilt, pretty even in my eyes. Lucic is the penultimate power forward in the league. What a ******* player.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:56 PM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Wasn't a close fight but Lucic didn't demolish him. But Win to Lucic.

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Colt.45Orr

As a Bruins fan with an obvious bias, I think I would have to give the edge to Lucic based on the start. That being said, Carkner scares me abit and I don't want Lucic to fight him again, please and thank-you.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Colt.45Orr

PS: Lucic's frame (with spine curvature) is meant to be for a 6'6 man. He would be playing @ 255pds if he was just going to be an enforcer, but it would make him a slower skater so, at 220, he is thin compared to what he could be. Just thought that was interesting.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Close fight, edge to Lucic. Btw, is it just me or Lucic come out swinging on every fight then dies down towards the end? I mean, assuming you make it past the first punches anyway. lol

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:37 AM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Close fight, edge to Lucic. Btw, is it just me or Lucic come out swinging on every fight then dies down towards the end? I mean, assuming you make it past the first punches anyway. lol
Yeah, he definitely seems to punch himself out. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that when he fights it's because he's actually pissed off and tends to go all out from the start. This is in contrast to a lot of more savvy enforcers who throw when there are openings as opposed to just trying to take their opponent's head off immediately.

CptxMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Lucic looks like he has very long arms or a very good grip.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Lucic looks like he has very long arms or a very good grip.
He does. When I saw him in person his arms were hanging down and it looked like they were hanging past his knees

Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:41 AM
westernhome

power forward

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Full marks to Lucic. I called him a spot picker before but won't anymore.

He's now aging and getting more experienced in the NHL. That's bad news for anyone on the opposition.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton View Post
My question is what does a Lucic vs Carkner fight have to do with the Habs? You guys...

Good tilt, pretty even in my eyes. Lucic is the penultimate power forward in the league. What a ******* player.
I think penultimate means next to best. So who's better.

Lucic gets regular crticism for being a spot-picker, and ducking Laraque (in his one year with the Habs). Until this fight - he never really engaged such a scary guy - save Erskine (who beat Lucic handily)...

but now Lucic is older/stronger and bigger. I say this fight makes him a heavy. Maybe the toughest player on the B's.

Old
12-15-2011, 07:20 AM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post

Lucic gets regular crticism for being a spot-picker, and ducking Laraque (in his one year with the Habs). Until this fight - he never really engaged such a scary guy - save Erskine (who beat Lucic handily)...

but now Lucic is older/stronger and bigger. I say this fight makes him a heavy. Maybe the toughest player on the B's.
People also forget that he fought Orr, Orr broke his nose and kicked his ass, but that doesn't mean people should discredit Lucic.

CptxMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

Well, he didn't duck Orr and lets say Milan didn't do too well. Orr has also handled Carkner pretty well too.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
People also forget that he fought Orr, Orr broke his nose and kicked his ass, but that doesn't mean people should discredit Lucic.
Orr is a true goon, Lucic is not. Lucic's job shouldn't be to fight...not often anyway. You want those guys on the ice.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:01 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Absolutely. Reminds me of Mike Tyson in his prime. The man would just come out berserking, but if his opponent could weather the storm for the first 3 rounds or so, he had a good chance of out-boxing Iron Mike.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Our 30 goal man is tougher than your goon... awesome.

Lucic is boss.
Ya goon that plays 15-20 minutes a game??

Dysentery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:08 AM
newtron

Both threw some good bombs, pretty even fight. Lucic threw a few more than Carkner, not sure how many connected... but slight edge to Lucic.

Carkner's been out due to injury for the whole season, this was only his 3rd game back. He showed his rust a little bit in this one, but he's gotta get his timing back somehow, why not start with a big man like Lucic.

Oh, and Carkner is not a goon, like Orr. Sure, he's a legit heavyweight, but that doesn't make him a goon. He can actually play. He can play solid regular minutes and PK as a defensive d-man.

newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
neither guy throws a punch in the end, but yet, to you, a hab fan, it looked like Looch wanted it to be over....

dream a little dream....
I'm amazed at how sensitive you guys can get with this stuff.

As i said originally props to Lucic for fighting a heavyweight...he did well. He had control early, Carkner came back. I just made the point that it sure looked like Lucic was more interested in letting the linesmen get in there and end it than Carkner was.

Either way good tilt.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
I knew that but must have mis-remembered.

Lucic is no longer a spot picker at all. And he was a kid afterall. How would you like to fight Georges Larauqe as a 19/20 year old. I mean that is not a proposition you want to consider.

Now that he's older/stronger I don't think he'd have taken a pass. I really liked how he handled the Gaustad situation and his comments after the bout. He is a mean and nasty player but he's not all he's cracked up to be in terms of unsportsman like coduct. Just big and imposing. I wish he played for the Habs.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:33 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
I knew that but must have mis-remembered.

Lucic is no longer a spot picker at all. And he was a kid afterall. How would you like to fight Georges Larauqe as a 19/20 year old. I mean that is not a proposition you want to consider.

Now that he's older/stronger I don't think he'd have taken a pass. I really liked how he handled the Gaustad situation and his comments after the bout. He is a mean and nasty player but he's not all he's cracked up to be in terms of unsportsman like coduct. Just big and imposing. I wish he played for the Habs.
Every fighter ( especially power forwards ) spot pick. There's a time to go and a time to say no... they know that, but for some reason fans give spot picking a negative connotation because of the ill-perception of cowardliness being the main motivation.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Every fighter ( especially power forwards ) spot pick. There's a time to go and a time to say no... they know that, but for some reason fans give spot picking a negative connotation because of the ill-perception of cowardliness being the main motivation.
And ya know all the finger-pointing fans out there take on all comers (me included)...

I think veteran tough guys can pick spots moreso... so now it's more palatable from Lucic since his track record earns him the right to do so. I read a few books on tough guys and its sort of how it goes. Lucic doesn't need to do the asking any more. His dance card is by request only.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Having a first line player that can fight anyone in the league is such a plus. I really am jealous and I hate the Bruins.
It's not a plus when it takes him off the ice for a lot of minutes and he breaks his nose and ruins his playoff performance.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:16 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

It was close, but IMO there was a pretty clear edge to Lucic in that one. Those shots at the beginning were very solid.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Lucic, but close.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:21 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

give the edge to Lucic in this one, ****ing impressive.... would give anything for him on the leafers

kilgro is offline   Reply With Quote