HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr to Wings at Trade Deadline

Old
12-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Kagee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Colt View Post
If the Blackhawks wanted to offer Leddy for Jagr, then be my guest. I sure as **** wouldn't offer a similar deal to prevent it from happening to a competitor.
And the Canuck's wouldn't offer a similar package either.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
probertrules24

Sorry I dont see the logic in the OP's proposal. His claim is the wings players are getting older and this could be their last shot. What I don't understand if this is the case why would they trade their young, most valuable asset they have. It's not like they have a bunch of sure thing defensive prospects behind Smith. If the flyers wanted Almqvist and a pick sure.

No chance the Wings or the Hawks offer Smith or Leddy.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:18 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
This guy

so true...

back OT... I highly doubt the Wings will want Jagr now..
When he was available they offered/shown interest. Jagr left the Wings "hanging" (from articles ive read) and Decided to go to Philly...

As great of a player Jagr is... I really can't see the Wings going for him, especially after this stunt he pulled with the Wings, and the other teams he shown interest in.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Anchor Town

I love how the Philly fan said that Dougie Hamilton is more of a sure thing for the NHL than Brendan Smith

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
SMith on the other hand is an unknown. He is not a sure thing like a RNH or a dougie Hamilton. He is your top prospect but there are cerntainly better prospects in the NHL. Is it really that hard to part him for a chance to win a cup.
We need Brendan Smith for the future as much Flyers need a young power-play quarteback. Good luck for the hunt.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
I love how the Philly fan said that Dougie Hamilton is more of a sure thing for the NHL than Brendan Smith
Plus the OP was insistent the Hawks were begging the Flyers to take Leddy for Jaromir...only the Nucks were making it difficult given how much they were willing to give up to get Jagr.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
TorontoWingsFan

We tried to sign Jagr in the summer when it would only have cost money. Holland made a fair and serious proposal and Jagr refused.

End of story.

I have ZERO interest in him or in any trade which involves anything more than a bag of pucks going to Philly.

TorontoWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Gentleman I just want to through out a proposal and my logic behind it.

Lets say as the season wares on the flyers realize this is not there year and look to trade away some players. And one of those players that becomes available is Jagr. How much would he be worth to the Wings.

Wings are built to win now and need to capitalize on this current group of talent they have. As the years go by Datsyuk and zetterberg and Franzen will be further away from there prime and Lidstrom may actually decide to retire.

Adding Jagr to your top 6 would be deadly and could make you clear favorites out west.

But lets say Chicago, and Vancouver two rivals , are in the mix as well. Would you step up your efforts By offering Brendan Smith?

Especially if Chicago was offering Leddy, and Vancouver was offering a similar package.
I highly doubt Jagr goes for Smith / Leddy

ROFLMAO

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:44 AM
IllinoisRedWingsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
This guy

LOL!!! Funny thing is someone in my fantasy Hockey League offered Phil Kessel for Crawford and some random guy. Needless to say I laughed at the offer.

Also I would be so angry if Ken Holland traded ANYTHING other than a Box of Rocks for Jagr.

IllinoisRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote