HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whre is the dagenais-Ribeiro appreciation thread ?

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 07:16 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
I hope they do good....but I've disliked Ribeiro ever since his no show in the playoffs two years ago. I'll only start appreaciating them if they do good more then once a month.

Ryder was also a no-show.... Just remind you that they had very few playoffs experience. Why knocking down Ribeiro all the time ? He is one of the most talented and creative player we have. We cannot just have plumbers and grinders.

Old
12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Hey, lets all appreciate a player that has finally decided to come to play! YAY!!!
Wow Dags, you deserve soooo much praise for actually potting a goal or three in your last 2 games. You may now take another month off before you need do anything again for us.

I say big deal to Dags, he's a non factor most of the time.

Old
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
Hey, lets all appreciate a player that has finally decided to come to play! YAY!!!
Wow Dags, you deserve soooo much praise for actually potting a goal or three in your last 2 games. You may now take another month off before you need do anything again for us.
I say big deal to Dags, he's a non factor most of the time.

Old
12-04-2005, 10:56 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepidus
If you score on the PP you do not get a plus. Both were on the ice for no even strength goals for and two against. Thus, they were both -2.
if I remember correctly, they scored a goal 5on5 and one on the PP. If so, that does not make them -2.

Old
12-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1
if I remember correctly, they scored a goal 5on5 and one on the PP. If so, that does not make them -2.
Right, they were -1. So? They're still on pace for -18 to -21. A far cry from 03-04, non?

Old
12-04-2005, 11:32 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
Ryder was also a no-show.... Just remind you that they had very few playoffs experience. Why knocking down Ribeiro all the time ? He is one of the most talented and creative player we have. We cannot just have plumbers and grinders.
Ryder was far from a no show in the playoffs 2 years ago. I remember he was getting all kinds of chances but was very unlucky, hitting posts all the time.

Old
12-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
Are you kidding me? Who are our plumbers and grinders besides Begin? If anything the problem with this team is that we have too many finesse players and not enough plumbers and grinders. Even the Canadien Olympic team won't have four lines of finesse players. One of the reasons Montreal is only winning games by one goal all of the time is that the finesse players are getting worn down by having to battle in front of the net (which most of them suck at), digging pucks out of the corners (which most of them suck at), and killing penalties. If we had more plumbers and grinders digging pucks out of the corner, screening the goalies and popping in garbage goals, and banging up the oppositions defence our finesse players would look alot better, including Ribeiro.

Old
12-06-2005, 08:04 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Appreciation thread? Why? Yeah big deal Dags scored 2 goals that Garon should have stopped (especially the second one) but other than that they were on the ice for both LA goals.
When Dags is in position he has a wonderful shot. He has a great slapper and wrister with great accuracy.

Old
12-06-2005, 08:05 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark
Are you kidding me? Who are our plumbers and grinders besides Begin? If anything the problem with this team is that we have too many finesse players and not enough plumbers and grinders. Even the Canadien Olympic team won't have four lines of finesse players. One of the reasons Montreal is only winning games by one goal all of the time is that the finesse players are getting worn down by having to battle in front of the net (which most of them suck at), digging pucks out of the corners (which most of them suck at), and killing penalties. If we had more plumbers and grinders digging pucks out of the corner, screening the goalies and popping in garbage goals, and banging up the oppositions defence our finesse players would look alot better, including Ribeiro.
The habs finesse eg pere, pleks etc havent been as good as other teams finesse either.

Old
12-06-2005, 08:07 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Ryder was far from a no show in the playoffs 2 years ago. I remember he was getting all kinds of chances but was very unlucky, hitting posts all the time.
Ryder and Zednik will be needed if the Habs are ever to compete for the cup.

Old
12-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Teufelsdreck

Having Dmen who can not only carry the puck up ice but also distribute it smartly from the points would make it as lot easier for the Habs finesse players to get into position for shots. Of course, having another sniper besides Kovalev and Ryder would help.

Old
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

just needed to show you that

he's my best scorer

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-06-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Closed Thread