HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hal-lelujah! Gill the scoring machine!..Habs win 5-3 over Islanders

Old
12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I agree with you. (what I highlighted in your post)

Conversely, I dont think that Martin is telling them NOT to sit back.

Which is worse? If Martin cannot get them to stop sitting back, then of what use is the coach?

Which flies in the face of reality if you really think about it. Martin is a control freak. How does he get his players to play his system for most of the game and then not get his players to continue to do it in the 3rd?

Again, one must suspend all beliefs in rational human behavior.......or come to the conclusion that they are doing what they are doing with the blessing of the coach.
So JM is the only coach in the NHL who will say the players went off the game plan? Just go listen to any post game comment from any coach in the league who loses a game. Or players for that matter. I guarantee you will hear a lot of "we didn't play our game for 60 minutes" or "we wandered from our game plan". It's just the nature of the beast.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Gill has now scored three since gomez scored his last goal. Something is wrong there!

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote