HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 25/50 Canucks All-Time - #1

View Poll Results: #1
Pavel Bure 27 30.34%
Daniel Sedin 3 3.37%
Henrik Sedin 33 37.08%
Markus Naslund 3 3.37%
Trevor Linden 20 22.47%
Stan Smyl 0 0%
Kirk McLean 1 1.12%
Roberto Luongo 0 0%
Mattias Ohlund 0 0%
Ryan Kesler 0 0%
Thomas Gradin 0 0%
Harold Snepsts 1 1.12%
Jyrki Lumme 1 1.12%
Todd Bertuzzi 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
That's not how I want to do it. If you're purely saying "who is the best player in Canucks history"... individually? It's probably Bure. By recognition and accolades right now it's probably Hank... as a CANUCK it's gotta be Trevor.
Fair enough. Either way, it's definitely still Hank for me.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:38 PM
tesplen

By the end of their careers, the Sedins will both be considered the #1/2 Canucks of all-time. I voted for Henrik right now, but really it could be either one. I think they've just now surpassed Linden. They're honestly the defining players of the current Canucks era, which I think will ultimately come to be thought of as a golden age for the franchise.

As of now they have 2 NHL scoring titles, a Hart, a Lindsay, and a run to the Finals between them. And just for fun, if I were to speculate on the future, I will say that I won't be surprised if they add 1000+ games/1000+ points in Canucks uniforms (maybe even by the end of their current contracts) as well as a Canucks Stanley Cup before their careers are over. But that's just for fun. Even if that doesn't happen, I still think they're the co-#1s.

Not to mention what they've done in the community, which has been amazing.

Last edited by tesplen: 12-14-2011 at 09:46 PM.
tesplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
Kind of amusing that Hank has 28 votes and Daniel only has 1.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Kind of amusing that Hank has 28 votes and Daniel only has 1.
One of them has the advantage of being the team's captain.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:40 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
One of them has the advantage of being the team's captain.
...and possessing a Hart trophy, which most of us would likely value higher than a Lindsay trophy.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Intoewsables

Poll needs more Messier.

Sorry, someone had to.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
Salo 8th? Ahead of Ohlund?
This is what I want to see settled. Ohlund was a rock here for so long, but Salo has been the steadying influence on a couple incredible teams now. And he was around in the WCE days too.

You gotta wonder what Salo could've accomplished if he wasn't always on the shelf. He's been playing like a #1 at age 37, who knows what he could've done if he ever had a decent 80 game stretch free of injuries a couple years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
...and possessing a Hart trophy, which most of us would likely value higher than a Lindsay trophy.
No no no. The Hart was only more valuable LAST YEAR. The year before the Lindsay was the true judge of who the best player in the league was at the time.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:39 PM
AmazingNuck

Daniel. His passing ability is much closer to Henrik's than Henrik's is to Daniel's. Similar accomplishments.. no guarantee that he wouldn't have been right there with Henrik in the scoring race in 09-10 if he hadn't been injured.

What's the point in doing this though? Consensus top 5 is Henrik/Daniel/Naslund/Bure/Linden (in no particular order). Straight up top 10 defensemen would be a lot more interesting.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
No no no. The Hart was only more valuable LAST YEAR. The year before the Lindsay was the true judge of who the best player in the league was at the time.
Yeah, I found that pretty stupid. Some people out there will do anything to discredit a Canuck.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Jyrki21
BenningIsAnInsideJob

Jyrki Lumme AINEC.

Jyrki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Hammer Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF94 View Post
Poll needs more Messier.

Sorry, someone had to.
Hey, he's #1 in failed guarantees to make the playoffs! So at least he's first at something!

Hammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Hammer Time

Sort of confused as to what the question is asking ... best in what way?

OP just said "best Canuck" which I took to mean the best as a hockey player, so voted Bure. But if you're including off-ice accomplishments and leadership, I'd favour Linden. (And one of the Sedins will probably be the best in every sense of the word by the time they hang up their skates.)

Hammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Catamarca Livin

The first year Bure scored 60 goals was the best year a Canuck has ever had. He hit, he backchecked he scored on his own. Who was Bure's centerman? didn't matter, put him with Gino Odjick no problem. Bure was the best player the Canucks have had but has not had the best career as a Canuck.
Nasland has a Lindsay trophy, was within a couple points of the Art Ross, was captain, and was dominate as long as the twins have been so far. The concussion from the Moore hit slowed him down he was leading the league in scoring when it happened. Then the lockout happened and he was never the same. Still his resume is nearly as good as the Sedins and he did it without a twin.
Trevor was a good player, but never became an elite player. He was good all around, but league wide was never considered in the same breath as Bure, Naslund or the Sedins. Not to mention Bertuzzi, Kesler and Luongo for that matter.
It will be Henrik and Daniel for sure. My hope is that Kesler and Luongo end up at the top of the list as well as that would mean, possibly a cup victory. Right now it is a tough choice, but i will go with Bure just because his Canuck career is over, and i know Henrik and Daniel will be the standard for Canuck greatness for years to come.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
the edler
Inimitable

bure is #1

guy was magic, could go end to end through whole teams and score a goal

the edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowsIsBeast View Post
Sort of confused as to what the question is asking ... best in what way?

OP just said "best Canuck" which I took to mean the best as a hockey player, so voted Bure. But if you're including off-ice accomplishments and leadership, I'd favour Linden. (And one of the Sedins will probably be the best in every sense of the word by the time they hang up their skates.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
The first year Bure scored 60 goals was the best year a Canuck has ever had. He hit, he backchecked he scored on his own. Who was Bure's centerman? didn't matter, put him with Gino Odjick no problem. Bure was the best player the Canucks have had but has not had the best career as a Canuck.
Nasland has a Lindsay trophy, was within a couple points of the Art Ross, was captain, and was dominate as long as the twins have been so far. The concussion from the Moore hit slowed him down he was leading the league in scoring when it happened. Then the lockout happened and he was never the same. Still his resume is nearly as good as the Sedins and he did it without a twin.
Trevor was a good player, but never became an elite player. He was good all around, but league wide was never considered in the same breath as Bure, Naslund or the Sedins. Not to mention Bertuzzi, Kesler and Luongo for that matter.
It will be Henrik and Daniel for sure. My hope is that Kesler and Luongo end up at the top of the list as well as that would mean, possibly a cup victory. Right now it is a tough choice, but i will go with Bure just because his Canuck career is over, and i know Henrik and Daniel will be the standard for Canuck greatness for years to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the edler View Post
bure is #1

guy was magic, could go end to end through whole teams and score a goal
I can't believe this. I love Bure and Trevor... heck I am a huge Naslund fan as well... but henrik is number 1 for several reasons...

First, he has done more than Bure has as Canuck both in the playoffs and in the league. People look at his Art Ross and Hart and kinda shrug it off... but he beat freaking Sid the Kid and OVie!?!?!

Last year Ryan won it cause he had a stellar 2 months to finish the season, but Henrik did it without his brother, beat the best 2 players on the planet, and he's kept it up!! It is now 4 years of this consistent top 5/10 scoring!!

Second, his off ice work is as good as if not better than Trevor's and he just keeps doing it, keeps going on ice.

Third, is playoff performance has been unreal, and we all talk about Pavel but remeber this one...

Henrik is far and away the best Canuck, with his brother a very close 2nd.

Love Linden and Bure to death I do... but Henrik has already surpassed them and is still writing his legacy.

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Bure was the best player to don a Canuck jersey....and thats the bottom line. If you are looking for the best person to don a Canuck jersey you've got several good choices.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:34 PM
19canuck90

By no means should this be a most talented vote, im sure we are looking for the canuck who has been a leader, role model, involved in the community, has shown heart, and is able to back all of these up with having a skill level which amplifys his contributions

19canuck90 is offline   Reply With Quote