HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Viewing (Providers, HD, Online, Etc)

Old
12-15-2011, 04:13 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
The FCC isn't ordering Cablevision to provide the programming for free, so it kind of make your Apple vs Microsoft argument moot....only that they make it available for a fee the way they do everyone else. Would you prefer multiple cable/fiber carriers based on who owns programming or an exclusive agreement? Cablevisions arguments in court have been that HD is no different than the SD content they currently have a carriage agreement with Verizon for.
Hah, could you imagine having to have three different cable providers to watch football, hockey and baseball?

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:35 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
The FCC isn't ordering Cablevision to provide the programming for free, so it kind of make your Apple vs Microsoft argument moot....only that they make it available for a fee the way they do everyone else. Would you prefer multiple cable/fiber carriers based on who owns programming or an exclusive agreement? Cablevisions arguments in court have been that HD is no different than the SD content they currently have a carriage agreement with Verizon for.
You do bring up a good point, Cablevisions arguement that HD and SD are really no different is definately laughable.
I would have prefered cablevision claim "look, we invested in the purchase of MSG as a exclusive bonus for our customers, so we could advertise a product others dont have in the market, no different than verizon investing in an advanced system for its customers that it advertises as an advantage over its competitors"

On those grounds I side with cablevision for making the investment and taking the risks involved with owning a sports franchise...

but your right, based on the grounds that SD and HD are essentially the same product...lol, not so much

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I just hope this means I can finally watch an MSG HD feed on Center Ice. I'm always stuck with the terrible low-def feed if it's the MSG feed, or the other team's HD feed, which I always begrudgingly pick.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
SRTtoZ

wrong thread.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Just ordered Verizon... can't wait!

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
bettercallstaal
Stepan Stepan Stepan

The lack of MSG HD is one of the only things that I missed about Comcast. The other being their on demand is so much better than Fios. I'm so excited to see the Rangers in HD again though. This makes my day.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
Just ordered Verizon... can't wait!
Make sure you are receiving (or request) the new Motorola Multi-Room DVR's, they are black finish and store 500GB's.... 2-way communication with the non-DVR boxes too....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-15-2011 at 06:21 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:09 PM
SRTtoZ

Also if you have an Xbox 360, you can get the Fios app and it automatically configures itself to work as a Cable box and DVR.

And lastly, I Just put on the Isles/Stars game on MSG+ HD and wow, the feed look FANTASTIC.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
Also if you have an Xbox 360, you can get the Fios app and it automatically configures itself to work as a Cable box and DVR.

And lastly, I Just put on the Isles/Stars game on MSG+ HD and wow, the feed look FANTASTIC.

wait what? explain?

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:32 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
wait what? explain?
If you have a 360, there is a new FIOS app under the TV section of the Xbox live dashboard, you can download it and it will search to see if you're connected to a Fios network and configure itself. Then you can watch TV just like you can with a normal cable box and also use your 360 Hard drive as a DVR. Its pretty cool, I downloaded it the other day and it works great. You just need to make sure your connection is good.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:34 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Works at my rents house in Monmouth NJ. Perfection.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
If you have a 360, there is a new FIOS app under the TV section of the Xbox live dashboard, you can download it and it will search to see if you're connected to a Fios network and configure itself. Then you can watch TV just like you can with a normal cable box and also use your 360 Hard drive as a DVR. Its pretty cool, I downloaded it the other day and it works great. You just need to make sure your connection is good.
It's only 26 channels, though.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yea I know but you would assume they will improve upon it in the future plus its free (unless you dont pay for XBL gold).

Old
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
can I set to record stuff from a different floor though? The DVR is on the top floor and I have a regular box where the Xbox is(basement).

Old
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Yea I know but you would assume they will improve upon it in the future plus its free (unless you dont pay for XBL gold).
Well, it's not really free then.

Old
12-15-2011, 07:00 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Does that include channel 578...?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:57 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Does that include channel 578...?
Nope.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
can I set to record stuff from a different floor though? The DVR is on the top floor and I have a regular box where the Xbox is(basement).
Get the Motorola 500GB DVR from Verizon... You can trade in your current DVR at a drop-off center... It has a boat load of storage space and allows you to have 2-way communication with your other boxes... You would be able to watch, record, and delete recordings from the non-DVR boxes, which you weren't able to do with the older versions of their multi-room DVR, which only has 1-way communication (you could watch programs you recorded on the DVR but not delete or record programs from those non-DVR boxes)

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:09 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Get the Motorola 500GB DVR from Verizon... You can trade in your current DVR at a drop-off center... It has a boat load of storage space and allows you to have 2-way communication with your other boxes... You would be able to watch, record, and delete recordings from the non-DVR boxes, which you weren't able to do with the older versions of their multi-room DVR, which only has 1-way communication (You could watch programs you recorded on the DVR but not delete or record programs form those other boxes)
As well as connect an external hard drive for additional storage. They're advertising 1TB but I think people have connected 2TB drives successfully.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:43 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
As well as connect an external hard drive for additional storage. They're advertising 1TB but I think people have connected 2TB drives successfully.
That's pretty ****ing awesome. Quite a bit of storage space for HD stuff.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:04 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
too bad the price of Hard Drives have jumped up in price by 250-300% in the last month or so. Stupid floods.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Cablevision customer here ready to switch. It looks like if the Rangers are on the "3rd" msg channel (MSG+?) they will not be in hd on fios?

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Wait so if i have xbox 360 and this app i don't need a dvr subscription just the one to my gold membership?

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Cablevision customer here ready to switch. It looks like if the Rangers are on the "3rd" msg channel (MSG+?) they will not be in hd on fios?
If they are on the overflow channel (MSG2 or MSG+2) they will not be in HD.

12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

So those with Fios last night, did you notice the game being laggy, or choppy? The whole time, my tv never showed smooth action.

Also, those with Vizio TVs, is there a good setting number for hockey? They have presets for football and whatnot, but no hockey.