HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Capitals vs. Jets. 8:30pm. MTS Centre. 12.15.2011

Old
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Prediction:

Neuvirth has huge game and only allows one goal on 35 shots.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Kane has been killing us with goals this season. Book it he'll get one tonight. Love the later start time which suits me perfect.

12-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Capsman

I'm really hoping Neuvy has a great night and gets his confidence back. Something tells me that it's either he or nobody who will lead us to the promised land. I've lsot all faith in Vokoun. Another interesting idea I heard is sending Neuvy down to Hershey for a spell to get his confidence back and bring Holtby up for a while. Not a bad idea.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i think there is a league roster rule against 3 healthy goalies. i think the league issues a waiver for goalies that are injured enough to miss while day to day.

i also think the that the caps will establish that neuvirth cant regain his game with some regular starts before they look at holtby. neuvirth cant be sent to hershey without waivers and he wouldnt clear.

my view is that if the caps give neuvirth 3 of the next 4 games, he will take the starting job.
I can assure you there is no such rules or regulations about these type of things. You have up to 23 roster spots, and you must dress 18 skater and 2 goalies for every game. You can have 5 healthy goalies on the roster if you should so desire (but can only dress two). Those 3 extra spots are for the teams to decide.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Random thoughts

I hope Dale will try and shadow Kane with someone. Even on the road, it can be done. Stick Eakin on him. Tell all our D to grow a pair and hit him at every chance. Try our checking cough 2nd line. We cant let another cap killer get into a groove.

I want to see Holtby get a game, sooner if Neuvy stumbles tonight. Heck I wanted him to get a game vs Tampa when it became clear Varly wouldnt play because BB had no faith in him. And well because Holtby finished his NHL time 9-1.

I am still pissed Bruce scolded Ovi for running Geno that one game. I am trying to remember when the game stopped being fun for Ovi, and that is one of my suspects.

Caps 3-2. Wideman Nick and Hands. Sarge gets an aggression penalty if dressed.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
txpd

ok...i can accept that. regardless teams dont carry three goalies except in very rare cases. neuvirth has not til now been given a shot to take the #1 job and i expect he will get the primary load for a couple of weeks at minimum before a 3rd goalie is considered.

at present i am fairly confident that if neuvirth fell into a strong groove, he would suffer an injury immediately after. so a neuvy shutout tonight might have holtby in the caps nets by next week

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I am still pissed Bruce scolded Ovi for running Geno that one game. I am trying to remember when the game stopped being fun for Ovi, and that is one of my suspects..
make no mistake, rh. the league office told the capitals to tell OV to cool his jets.
boudreau and mcphee may have delivered the message, but it was the nhl. after the campbell hit the league laid down the law and told him from there on he needed to back away from the edge.

there's no question that it was the league.

question...would you rather ov and the caps tell the league to take a hike and roll with it? personally i think the caps should cut him loose, but be prepared for how hard the league is going to hit him when he crosses the line

Old
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
ok...i can accept that. regardless teams dont carry three goalies except in very rare cases. neuvirth has not til now been given a shot to take the #1 job and i expect he will get the primary load for a couple of weeks at minimum before a 3rd goalie is considered.

at present i am fairly confident that if neuvirth fell into a strong groove, he would suffer an injury immediately after. so a neuvy shutout tonight might have holtby in the caps nets by next week
Yep very true. I know EDM did for a while in 05-06, but that's the last case I actually remember. I agree that the Caps should not do that (teams should never do that, IMO) but I just wanted to point out that technically they can.

haha, I Caps do seem to have bad luck with goalie injuries. Anyways, I am actually a fan of Neuvirth, Caps have become quite to goaltender factory lately.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:59 PM
n3ss

Quote:
make no mistake, rh. the league office told the capitals to tell OV to cool his jets.
boudreau and mcphee may have delivered the message, but it was the nhl. after the campbell hit the league laid down the law and told him from there on he needed to back away from the edge.

there's no question that it was the league.

question...would you rather ov and the caps tell the league to take a hike and roll with it? personally i think the caps should cut him loose, but be prepared for how hard the league is going to hit him when he crosses the line
Agreed strongly. Let him play how he was 2 seasons ago when he was hitting everything that moved and scoring 50+ goals. If it takes losing 20 games to suspension to get him back to being one of the best players in the league.. i'll take it.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:01 PM
sk84fun_dc

TXPD, you already forgot about Huet/Kolzig/Johnson, too funny. Anyway, as the other poster stated, cap and roster spots available (23 max on active roster), a team can carry more than 2 goalies on the active roster. As to the person suggesting Neuvirth to the AHL, waivers are necessary to make that move ....

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:02 PM
keslerbomb

So uhh... can you guys start doing good please? I bet some money that the panthers wouldn't make the playoffs and its really starting to bite me in the ass. I'd love to see you win the division.

keslerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:09 PM
capskyle747
Rookie User

Quote:
Agreed.

capskyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Prediction:

Neuvirth has huge game and only allows one goal on 35 shots.
One of which will be scored by a one Evander Kane.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

The league is too soft now for Ovi. They robotized him. At least we got to see him before the league realized... they had the most entertaining player???

They should have embraced him.

And Bruce should have told them all, George right back to TO, that they are ****ing idiots. Fire me *****. Easily the most marketable guy, told to stop doing what made him just that? Isnt hockey a business? Ted needs to call LeMew and tell him any drop in revenue league wide is his fault, that he doesnt know Marketing. Tell him to stick to playing hockey.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
TXPD, you already forgot about Huet/Kolzig/Johnson, too funny. Anyway, as the other poster stated, cap and roster spots available (23 max on active roster), a team can carry more than 2 goalies on the active roster. As to the person suggesting Neuvirth to the AHL, waivers are necessary to make that move ....
nope...didnt forget that at all. that was post trade deadline when the roster restrictions have come off. that situation doesnt apply to this time in the season. of course that situation was brutal on the 3rd goalie anyway.

but no...i had not forgotten about taht at all

Old
12-15-2011, 06:21 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
The league is too soft now for Ovi. They robotized him. At least we got to see him before the league realized... they had the most entertaining player???

They should have embraced him.

And Bruce should have told them all, George right back to TO, that they are ****ing idiots. Fire me *****. Easily the most marketable guy, told to stop doing what made him just that? Isnt hockey a business? Ted needs to call LeMew and tell him any drop in revenue league wide is his fault, that he doesnt know Marketing. Tell him to stick to playing hockey.
i dont think that was really an option. you realize that the next event and there would have been one would have cost him 10 games or something like that.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Ovy just should start nailing guys again...creating space. That's when he was ****ing rolling. I can't believe he's still in this funk this long.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

The Screwing of Bruce Boudreau: The Robotization of Alex Ovechkin.

Confessions of an NHL Owner: The Art of Whining.

And to complete the Trilogy

He Lived in my Basement.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:46 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Pronger done for the season...holy ****.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:50 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
i dont think that was really an option. you realize that the next event and there would have been one would have cost him 10 games or something like that.
It was a damn shame. It may have been Bruce's best chance at a cup. Roll the dice, risk it, tell Ovi to just play his game.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
pgreene

do you think they know they spelled "center" wrong? how embarrassing...

don't get spanked. i consider that success. yes, i have low expectations.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
I'm really hoping Neuvy has a great night and gets his confidence back. Something tells me that it's either he or nobody who will lead us to the promised land. I've lsot all faith in Vokoun. Another interesting idea I heard is sending Neuvy down to Hershey for a spell to get his confidence back and bring Holtby up for a while. Not a bad idea.

No. it is a bad idea.
With Holtby's personality that would be the exact opposite message we need to send to him.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

sad to say... Bring back the old caps (hunter, olie, halpern) and you get the old caps . see record

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:27 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Olaf seems to be laying low, but I did see him at Kettler. I wonder what his role is with Holtby re: his struggles, and our NHL guys, if at all. Our top 3 G's have been struggling.

Old
12-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

funny thing happened just now, i guess seeing me pissed off after our most resent debacle against Philly my 7 year old son on the way to bed brought me Washington Capitals "10 greatest games" DVD collection... and said: "Here papa, you can always watch this, it will make you happy..."
It would be funny if it wouldn't be so ****ing sad.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote