HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc

Old
12-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Habblues

vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc

What does this poor young man have to do to earn the respect of Mr. Martin ? Why he doesn`t get a chance of the PP just blows my mind ! Why he doesn`t get a shot at the top lines also blows my mind.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

He needs to be sent back to Hamilton if JM doesn't plan on giving him proper playing time. Martin is just gonna kill his confidence.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
He needs to be sent back to Hamilton if JM doesn't plan on giving him proper playing time. Martin is just gonna kill his confidence.
Agree.....But what a shame ,the kid is ready.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
What does this poor young man have to do to earn the respect of Mr. Martin ? Why he doesn`t get a chance of the PP just blows my mind ! Why he doesn`t get a shot at the top lines also blows my mind.
He's 20 years old and will likely go back to the AHL eventually (and for his own sake). The last thing we want is for him to think he's established and compromise close games because he's a rookie.

The Martin hate gets old really fast... Use your heads instead of automatically assuming Martin doesn't know what he is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues
Agree.....But what a shame ,the kid is ready.
If playing in the NHL but not on the top lines kill his confidence then we should trade him.

He's not a friggin baby and probably very, very happy with how he's treated by Martin&the org. He's living a dream.

How many players can go from junior to AHL to NHL top line in less than a year?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

Quote:
Why he doesn`t get a chance of the PP just blows my mind ! Why he doesn`t get a shot at the top lines also blows my mind.
PP? Top lines? How about a bit more icetime as a start...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

First of all they are going step by step with him, but you can still see Martin is confident in him. Mainly because he's still there.

He's obviously playing in afterburner mode and gives his all every time he's on the ice. Play him 20 minutes against top defensemen and he won't look as good since he'll burn his energy and get roughed up a lot. His play style requires a lot of energy too.

Better that he plays fewer shifts with consistancy than lots of shifts and make mistakes.

And don't get me wrong, I really like him, he'll be an awesome player and I've always been happy we picked him. We just need to have realistic short term expectations.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
PP? Top lines? How about a bit more icetime as a start...
Why not on the Power play ? The Poor guy plays with 4th line hacks ! This guy has some serious sweet hands.......And how do ya not get on the hate Martin train for sitting him in the 3rd ?

Old
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Why not on the Power play ? The Poor guy plays with 4th line hacks ! This guy has some serious sweet hands.......And how do ya not get on the hate Martin train for sitting him in the 3rd ?
You don't hand out powerplay time like sweet candy. Experience plays a decisive factor there first of all (thats were veterans come in handy). Not only because with experience you tend to read the game better, but because of the pressure of not screwing the whole powerplay. If he gets PP time, it'll be in a game we win easily by 2+ goals.

Now I expect someone to point out our PP sucks anyways. Its true, however it would be better to fix it with players already in place (we're also scoring PP goals again, so its getting better). Leblanc will likely go back to the AHL so that would be no permanent solution.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Oh lawd. Here it is, the Louis Leblanc thread.
He belongs in the AHL for now. Wait another year before complaining.

Edit: I don't want him to turn into a MA Bourdon, if anyone saw his interview on RDS. How stupid and cocky did he look...

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Oh lawd. Here it is, the Louis Leblanc thread.
He belongs in the AHL for now. Wait another year before complaining.
Patience.

Few sports fans have it.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

Quote:
I'd like to see Leblanc more. I'm just managing my expectations... There's a gulf between the minutes he's getting right now and Top-6 or PP time.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:28 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He's 20 years old and will likely go back to the AHL eventually (and for his own sake). The last thing we want is for him to think he's established and compromise close games because he's a rookie.

The Martin hate gets old really fast... Use your heads instead of automatically assuming Martin doesn't know what he is doing.

If playing in the NHL but not on the top lines kill his confidence then we should trade him.

He's not a friggin baby and probably very, very happy with how he's treated by Martin&the org. He's living a dream.

How many players can go from junior to AHL to NHL top line in less than a year?
Sean Couturier, 19 years old, Philadelphia Flyers, born in Phoenix Arizona, USA of all places, playing in the last couple of minutes against the Canadiens with the Flyers holding on to a one goal lead.

THAT is how you develop young players.

Do you remember what Max Pacioretty said about JM? He would have rather played in Hamilton than get garbage minutes on the 4th line in Montreal.

Fortunately for Max, we ran into some injury problems and JM was forced to use Max on the top lines with top line minutes.

Should we wish for Cammalleri to get hurt?

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Habblues

Quote:
You don't hand out powerplay time like sweet candy. Experience plays a decisive factor there first of all (thats were veterans come in handy). Not only because with experience you tend to read the game better, but because of the pressure of not screwing the whole powerplay. If he gets PP time, it'll be in a game we win easily by 2+ goals.

Now I expect someone to point out our PP sucks anyways. Its true, however it would be better to fix it with players already in place (we're also scoring PP goals again, so its getting better). Leblanc will likely go back to the AHL so that would be no permanent solution.
Martin ruins everyone ! look what he`s done to Subban ? He`s scared to death to rush the puck out of fear of being benched by Martin.....Any pee wee coach would know enough to give the kid icetime after scoring his first goal....

Old
12-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

The rookie scored!

"Bench him!!"

That'll teach him

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

The kid is not ready. A year in the A to bulk up and work on parts of his game would do wonders. He's here to stay however, the reaction he got after his goal was the loudest I've heard the crowd chant since Saku came back from cancer.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Sean Couturier, 19 years old, Philadelphia Flyers, born in Phoenix Arizona, USA of all places, playing in the last couple of minutes against the Canadiens with the Flyers holding on to a one goal lead.

Do you remember what Max Pacioretty said about JM? He would have rather played in Hamilton than get garbage minutes on the 4th line in Montreal.

Fortunately for Max, we ran into some injury problems and JM was forced to use Max on the top lines with top line minutes.

Montreal is the ONLY team who will not give the young kids a chance to shine. it`s been that way for years. Before Martins time.....lol.......It`s a young mans games today, and it`s time to get with the times......leblanc looked awesome in the first two periods tonight, so why bench him ? Last week againg Columbus Leblanc almost scores at the end of the second period, what does Martin do / Benches him in the 3rd....ha ha ha ha ha

Old
12-15-2011, 10:34 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

I stopped reading at Sean Couturier.

The guy has played 5x more games than Leblanc, had a training camp with the team, is a better prospect (top10 pick, projected top5 by most before the draft) and (being a center himself) has the luxury of being on a team with its first line center injured.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
The rookie scored!

"Bench him!!"

That'll teach him
Oh yeah ! ha ha ha ha Wouldn`t that have been terrible if he had of gotten some confidence and scored again in the 3rd ?

Old
12-15-2011, 10:37 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I stopped reading at Sean Couturier.

The guy has played 5x more games than Leblanc, had a training camp with the team, is a better prospect (top10 pick, projected top5 by most before the draft) and (being a center himself) has the luxury of being on a team with its first line center injured.
Meanwhile, the Habs are filled with a roster full of high scoring forwards who are producing like never before.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:

Couturier made the team because of his strong defensive play, its not much of a surprise he is killing a penalty. Also maybe you neglected that he had like 8 PIMs.

Your whole post speaks volumes about the lengths you guys go to trash on JM. Take off your tinfoil hat for a moment and try and enjoy the game instead of trying to figure out how JM is trying to destroy the Habs from the inside.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Couturier made the team because of his strong defensive play, its not much of a surprise he is killing a penalty. Also maybe you neglected that he had like 8 PIMs.

Your whole post speaks volumes about the lengths you guys go to trash on JM. Take off your tinfoil hat for a moment and try and enjoy the game instead of trying to figure out how JM is trying to destroy the Habs from the inside.
Come on man, he`s not the sharpest knife in the drawer. We have some great offensive speed and he holds everyone back into a D shell ? Yes he`s ruining the team.....YES I believe leblanc will help the Habs if given the chance and that will not happen with dumbo.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Come on man, he`s not the sharpest knife in the drawer. We have some great offensive speed and he holds everyone back into a D shell ? Yes he`s ruining the team.....YES I believe leblanc will help the Habs if given the chance and that will not happen with dumbo.
Of course he will. In one or two years. Give him time for Bettman's sake!

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Habs are filled with a roster full of high scoring forwards who are producing like never before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Of course he will. In one or two years. Give him time for Bettman's sake!
How can you say that when he hasn`t been given a fair shot ? He`s been playing with 4th line hacks ! Gee i`d really hate to see him with pleks and cammy....lol.....maybe he could help those two out of their terrible slumps.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but LL won't save our season. He is less than a year out of the CHL and just scored his first career goal. The only way to increase our offense is to get our big guns going. JM tried to do this and had both Plek and Cammy around 20 minutes tonight. This may not be the popular choice as neither are french and they are both older (meaning they are further away from when they were drafted, the time their value was its highest ever according to HF) but it is a much safer solution.

I don`t like the defensive shell either but our D needs all the help from the forwards they can get. We have some nice weapons up front but we can`t outscore our mistakes like the flyers can.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
How can you say that when he hasn`t been given a fair shot ? He`s been playing with 4th line hacks ! Gee i`d really hate to see him with pleks and cammy....lol.....maybe he could help those two out of their terrible slumps.
"Eller would be amazing if he got an opportunity, he's just stuck with garbage fourth liners like LL."

"LL would be amazing if he got an opportunity, he's just stuck with garbage fourth liners like Eller."

Now I get it.