HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#29 - 12.15.2011 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
I wish everyone would stop moaning and groaning over EC and Avery. I don't understand why people go crazy over Avery. In all ****ing honesty, he's good but not great and he's a messy character to deal with in an organization. I don't know where this love is coming from. I've been a Rangers fan for long enough yet I don't understand why there's so much love for Avery! It is just a "love the guy that everyone hates" mentality? Perhaps his antics makes his minimal production seem praise worthy? Regardless of EC or Avery, they don't really impact the team that much. It's not about that one PP assist from EC or that goal from Avery. I'd rather see someone else who can bring something to the table every night and be physical and fight hard for the puck. Second, I do agree with the line up changes. the GAS line was strong for a stretch and Richie has been very consistent. Regardless of where the high point is on these offensive lines and players, I think it's time to get the unproductive players to start producing or start making some line up changes. Danny Girardi does look tired and overworked judging from the past few weeks of play and ya, I'm in favor of giving him less ice time and bringing in Erixon and start working with him and giving him some NHL ice time instead of working with our current fill ins. Some of our games, we're great and that's when our offense is moving. Other games when our offense isn't moving, it seems like there's nothing else happening, not even chances or any offensive mentality. The Dubinsky problem is starting to be worthy of attention now...

Old
12-15-2011, 09:43 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I explained to Worst Poster On Here twice already that nobody's arguing that the rangers didn't play like absolute crap. That has nothing to do with the fact that the refs called this game like a 1998 clutch and grab era game. I literally counted twelve missed obstruction calls, a punch to the face, and a few others that I can't even remember there have been so many. When I start COUNTING, it's a bad night for the officials. We didn't deserve to win this game by any stretch, but I'd like to see a slight resemblance of consistency from game to game.

Worst Poster On Here is pretending he didn't see me spell this out for him twice already. I'm not going to do it a third time. I wish Sutton and he would become Islanders fans already.
I only caught the first period and the last part of the third and I was thinkin to myself, sure is different for games in the West. I was watching a few picks, hooks, and interference.

Glad I wasn't just being crazy lol

Old
12-15-2011, 09:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Enough of the Avery nonsense! Who cares whether it's Avery or Christensen! You people realize you're going stark raving mad over a 12th forward position???? There are a lot more important issues with this team, like injuries on defense, lack of talent up front, to name a couple
it does matter though. theres multiple parts that make up the game of hockey. having energy guys/spark plugs or even guys that dont look depressed when they play aka christensen, matter.

they got pushed around all night especially christensen he was easily pushed off the puck everytime he had it. i dont wana see this guy play ever again

sit dubi
sit ec
sit boyle if possible

Old
12-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I Am Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Enough of the Avery nonsense! Who cares whether it's Avery or Christensen! You people realize you're going stark raving mad over a 12th forward position???? There are a lot more important issues with this team, like injuries on defense, lack of talent up front, to name a couple
Yep. That twelfth forward position won't lose us more than like...one game all season, maybe? This wasn't one of them. The average NHL twelfth forward is pretty damn bad. Both Avery and EC can at least specialize and do some things well, even if they aren't great overall players.

Dubinsky, Prust, Boyle and Fedotenko are forming a nice, congealed mass of really underwhelming checking line forward right now and, two goals down, I would have liked to see EC get some of their shifts.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:45 PM
SnowblindNYR

This team was overachieving and now its bubble is burst, they're not much better than last year's team that needed a gift to make it in as an 8th seed. Maybe we need more Rangers threads on the main board.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Ranger109

My problem. I think Torts is benching Avery because of 24/7....how can you possibly bench Avery when he has been one of the most effective players since returning to the team?

God I am pissed off.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bites View Post
Yep. That twelfth forward position won't lose us more than like...one game all season, maybe? This wasn't one of them. The average NHL twelfth forward is pretty damn bad. Both Avery and EC can at least specialize and do some things well, even if they aren't great overall players.

Dubinsky, Prust, Boyle and Fedotenko are forming a nice, congealed mass of really underwhelming checking line forward right now and, two goals down, I would have liked to see EC get some of their shifts.
EC sucks he didnt get shifts because his is weak and had no strength when the puck was on his stick. no emotion, no energy, no physical involvement to go into the dirty areas against a physical team. thats why he didnt play

Old
12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Boyle has been better than Dubi (yes I'm serious)...... which isn'y saying much, but still...
Not tonight. Dubi carried the puck really well, set up our only goal and got in position to score. And then crapped the bed by missing the net over and over. But Boyle did none of those things; he just took up space.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
My problem. I think Torts is benching Avery because of 24/7....how can you possibly bench Avery when he has been one of the most effective players since returning to the team?

God I am pissed off.
what? when?

Granted i missed 3 games, it must have been them.

You know what's going to suck? Avery will come in for someone against the Yotes and the rangers will reposnd to two poor games by winning through a good team effort. All that we'll hear about on here however, is how it was all down to Avery being back in the lineup.

It's almost at the stage of xmas presents under the tree = santa claus

Old
12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Ranger109

Heartless effort. No hitting, no emotion, nothing.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:54 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Not tonight. Dubi carried the puck really well, set up our only goal and got in position to score. And then crapped the bed by missing the net over and over. But Boyle did none of those things; he just took up space.
Agree to disagree. For mine, Boyle was part of the best two chances the Rangers had in the 1st and was defensivly responsible all night. Dubi was a mess in the D zone, carried the puck maybe twice well that I can recall, and made a standard pass that turned into a primary assist.

Both players need to be better, Boyle just doesn't have much improving to do

Old
12-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrestno View Post
I wish everyone would stop moaning and groaning over EC and Avery. I don't understand why people go crazy over Avery. In all ****ing honesty, he's good but not great and he's a messy character to deal with in an organization. I don't know where this love is coming from. I've been a Rangers fan for long enough yet I don't understand why there's so much love for Avery! It is just a "love the guy that everyone hates" mentality? Perhaps his antics makes his minimal production seem praise worthy? Regardless of EC or Avery, they don't really impact the team that much. It's not about that one PP assist from EC or that goal from Avery. I'd rather see someone else who can bring something to the table every night and be physical and fight hard for the puck. Second, I do agree with the line up changes. the GAS line was strong for a stretch and Richie has been very consistent. Regardless of where the high point is on these offensive lines and players, I think it's time to get the unproductive players to start producing or start making some line up changes. Danny Girardi does look tired and overworked judging from the past few weeks of play and ya, I'm in favor of giving him less ice time and bringing in Erixon and start working with him and giving him some NHL ice time instead of working with our current fill ins. Some of our games, we're great and that's when our offense is moving. Other games when our offense isn't moving, it seems like there's nothing else happening, not even chances or any offensive mentality. The Dubinsky problem is starting to be worthy of attention now...
I'll try and explain the Avery thing to you. For those of us that support him we do so because he plays with an edge, he sticks up for his teammates, he drives the opponent crazy and has shown that he can produce when not saddled with offensively challenged linemates. And, maybe most of all, the Rangers tend to win more often when he plays than when he doesn't.

Most teams have a guy like him who talks too much and gives people a headache. His crime is that he made a comment about the almighty (Dion Phaneuf) and happens to have interests off the ice that aren't hunting and fishing. This metro attitude has made him a villain with the vast farm community which is Canada. We appreciate this non-neanderthal alter ego. On the ice, he's all Ranger which is more than can be said for a lot of guys that have put on that sweater on nights where Torts has asked him to watch from upstairs.

I thought Dubi was more active tonight than he's been all year. Baby steps.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:00 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
I'll try and explain the Avery thing to you. For those of us that support him we do so because he plays with an edge, he sticks up for his teammates, he drives the opponent crazy and has shown that he can produce when not saddled with offensively challenged linemates. And, maybe most of all, the Rangers tend to win more often when he plays than when he doesn't.

Most teams have a guy like him who talks too much and gives people a headache. His crime is that he made a comment about the almighty (Dion Phaneuf) and happens to have interests off the ice that aren't hunting and fishing. This metro attitude has made him a villain with the vast farm community which is Canada. We appreciate this non-neanderthal alter ego. On the ice, he's all Ranger which is more than can be said for a lot of guys that have put on that sweater on nights where Torts has asked him to watch from upstairs.

I was agreeing with almost all of your post except I take offense to that.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Ranger109

Quote:

Agreed.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This team was overachieving and now its bubble is burst, they're not much better than last year's team that needed a gift to make it in as an 8th seed.
Let's hold off on jumping to that conclusion while our best defenseman has yet to skate in a game this season and while we aren't missing 2 of our top 4 defensemen from the line-up....

Old
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I was agreeing with almost all of your post except I take offense to that.
why take offense? He gets made fun of all the time for his outside interests. And if he's getting hammered by players and the hockey media, isn't that primarily a Canadian thing? He is hated in Canada; he gets booed in every Canadian city. Tell me why. Do they boo Jaarko Ruutu in every City or Matt Cooke or PK Subban? No they don't. But Avery is universally hated and on this board by Canadian posters. Tell me why if it isn't his "way of life". The guy plays a hard game; sticks up for his teammates, and can actually play. Don't tell me it's the talking; there's plenty of that to go around. He has been singled out; why?

Old
12-15-2011, 10:20 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
why take offense? He gets made fun of all the time for his outside interests. And if he's getting hammered by players and the hockey media, isn't that primarily a Canadian thing? He is hated in Canada; he gets booed in every Canadian city. Tell me why. Do they boo Jaarko Ruutu in every City or Matt Cooke or PK Subban? No they don't. But Avery is universally hated and on this board by Canadian posters. Tell me why if it isn't his "way of life". The guy plays a hard game; sticks up for his teammates, and can actually play. Don't tell me it's the talking; there's plenty of that to go around. He has been singled out; why?
Dude before we get off on the wrong foot, I'm all about Avery. I wish he was in the lineup every night. I love everything he brings to the game, and love having those guys on my team.

Him being hated and you saying it's Canadian posters on here who are against him - is retarded and purely coincidental.

Fanbases that hate him are Canadian and US based, especially the passionate barns. It's what he brings to the table and he thrives on it - and I love it.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:21 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Let's hold off on jumping to that conclusion while our best defenseman has yet to skate in a game this season and while we aren't missing 2 of our top 4 defensemen from the line-up....
This man speaks the truth. I long for the day of seeing Staal crush someone in the corner.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

We still have the fewest regulation losses in the entire LEAGUE, while Staal hasn't played a game yet, Dubinsky has scored ONE goal, and Sauer has been in and out of the lineup. I'd mention that Wolski and Rupp have been hurt all year too, but I don't think they make much difference and in wolskis case I don't think he even earns a spot on the team when he is healthy.

If Staal was healthy, we mightve been undefeated at this point. I'm exaggerating, but the point is we have the fewest regulation losses in the league without our best defenseman, so with him, its safe to assume, we're an even better team.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Big deal, we've played a few stinkers the last couple of weeks. I'd rather us have these games now instead of later on when we're hopefully gearing up for a deep playoff run. No, I don't think we're the best team in the league on paper, but I do think if we get Staal back and stay relatively healthy, we are a top 5 team in the league, and certainly capable of going deep and potentially winning it all. If we add a key piece at the deadline, those chances increase even more. Keep the faith. Remember reality, but keep the faith. This is a special team that will be together for many years and will be adding key rookies like Kreider, Miller, St. croix, McIlrath, Thomas in the next few years as well. No reason for such negative banter around here, especially 30 games into a very successful season.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:

Basically 11-3-1 with Avery in the line-up, 6-5-3 without.

Those are the statistics. This team just seems to have more energy with him on it. Funny, that's also 3 shootout losses in games where he wasn't playing. I thought that was why Christensen was playing.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:44 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Basically 11-3-1 with Avery in the line-up, 6-5-3 without.

Those are the statistics. This team just seems to have more energy with him on it. Funny, that's also 3 shootout losses in games where he wasn't playing. I thought that was why Christensen was playing.
What is this team's record with Woywitka?

17-5-1

How about Deveaux?

7-2-0

Should the Rangers ice those two the rest of the season as well?

Biron

5-1-0

Hank

12-6-4

Should the Rangers use Biron as their starter?

Old
12-15-2011, 11:49 PM
bluesnbirds
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Unbelievable. Lost to a decent (but not great) blues team.

And we lost the last game on a costly mistake by Woywitka.

ugh...
You said they were really good earlier. Decent = average. The Blues are #1 in SA at 26, and one of the top teams in the league 5 on 5. Elliot is #1 at GA and SP, so no, they aren't a decent team, they are a bad a** team that works hard every night. I thought the Rangers would put more of an effort, but the effort was overshadowed by the effort of the Blues. Period. Love the Rangers, but the Blues didn't allow them much all game and the chances they had, they couldn't capitalize. The Blues are a very well rounded team with great defense and great goaltending. They have shut down Toews, Kane, Hossa, St Louis, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Crosby, Datsyuk, Lidstrom and now Gaborik and Richards on a consistent basis. This team is great, and I hope HBO scratches this game in 24/7.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What is this team's record with Woywitka?

17-5-1

How about Deveaux?

7-2-0

Should the Rangers ice those two the rest of the season as well?

Biron

5-1-0

Hank

12-6-4

Should the Rangers use Biron as their starter?
Why would you take Woywitka out of the line up? He's superior to anyone we have waiting in line.

Deveaux would be an improvement over Christensen. Again superior over another player.

Biron has played great against sub par and par teams. Obviously not going to use him as a starter.

Honestly, do you not see a lack of energy when Avery doesn't play? It's obvious, even more obvious at home with the fans.

BTW, 10 - 7 - 2 with Christensen - 8 total games without a point for the team, he's played in 7 of them.

Last edited by Nyrvana: 12-16-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

maybe this 24/7 thing is getting to their head...Especially the european players

Closed Thread