HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess Who I Ran Into at the Garden...

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Fly....

it really sucks when you end up saying so little. A friend of mine I work with knows Sather (my friend's active in the New York Boy's Club, and Sather has been less active, but involved). So I met Sather after the game where he gave my friend and his son a couple jerseys. This was, I believe, after Dunham's first game and all I can say is something about what a difference it makes when you get quality goaltending. A statement to which he agreed.

Old
12-06-2005, 09:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
it really sucks when you end up saying so little. A friend of mine I work with knows Sather (my friend's active in the New York Boy's Club, and Sather has been less active, but involved). So I met Sather after the game where he gave my friend and his son a couple jerseys. This was, I believe, after Dunham's first game and all I can say is something about what a difference it makes when you get quality goaltending. A statement to which he agreed.

I always loved the Seinfeld when George's father meets Steinbrenner and George's father yells at him, "How could you give twelve million dollars to Hideki Irabu?!"

12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
oh and his girls with the "N.Y. Ranger *****" shirts were key...lol.
I think one of em was Sue Ellen Mishke?

Old
12-06-2005, 11:31 AM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
for me, i saw bobby grainger...and the best part is i had better seats than he did because he was 2 rows behind me.

and bobby, please learn what interferance is...i mean that malik call was obvious...stop blaming the refs and learn hockey

oh and his girls with the "N.Y. Ranger *****" shirts were key...lol.
lol.

bobby granger and hockey rodent are always arguing about the girls on rodent's message board

Old
12-06-2005, 02:47 PM
+73*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I always loved the Seinfeld when George's father meets Steinbrenner and George's father yells at him, "How could you give twelve million dollars to Hideki Irabu?!"
how can you trade JAY BUHNAH!!?

Old
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
I would say something abt the recent late round gems we've been picking up- see:Lundqvist.
I'm not sure if Sather drafted him.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Since we are all sharing. About four years ago two friends and I went to NYC just for a day out and to grab somethin to eat at the play by play. Sometimes I just need to see the Garden in the middle of summer and thats what I did that day. So anyhow I am a huge Kovalev fan as you all can tell from my Avatar. I am still till this day looking to own a 91 CCCP red Kovalev jersey and went into Crosby's looking to see if they sold it. They told me no but to check out this other store 2 blocks away that is owned by a russian who has a lot of that kind of stuff.

Yeah I drag my poor friends (one being a Devils fan) to this store and ask one of the guys about the Kovalev Jersey. He asks why you a big fan of his? I of couse told him he was my favorite player ever. He tells me go to the back and see him because he is here. Ok I almost **** myself and go to the back and check, but I don't see him. He keeps insisting he is back there so I go look again. I see a guy who looks like Kovy, but it's not him...........DING the bell rings, it's his dad who was there selling the book he wrote about Alex which I bought right away and had him sign. He spoke no english so I couldn't tell him how much I enjoyed watching his son play hockey. THe owner came out just then and told me Alexei was eating at the russan tea room and would be back in an hour!!!!

So as I make my two friends wait outside this store for me for what turned out to be an hour and a half I see him walking down the street. I am shocked there isn't a mob of Kovy freaks like me after him lol. My friends are freaking out saying how lucky I am that out of all the players in the world to be there my favorite and his dad were there. Anyhow I met Alexei and he was really really nice and appreciates his fans. I took a picture with him and he also took pictures with my friends. I was amazed.

Now here comes the best part.........EVERY picture that was taken on the roll came out with the exception of.........yeah the Devils fan with AK27 was just black. It just goes to show that the hockey gods are awake in the summer.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
I'm not sure if Sather drafted him.
Let's not open this one up again.

I'm just getting back to the point where I don't feel my blood pressure go up everytime I come in here.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Nich

what are they arguing about?

only one of the 3 were hot...and that's not i.m.o., that's FACT!

Old
12-06-2005, 09:03 PM
maddog24g

I almost ran him over behind section 313 between the 1st and 2nd periods. The only thing that popped into my mouth was...."hey it's bobby granger" so i said it with the most stereotypical ny accent that i could muster. That started a "bob-by gran-ger" chant back by the beer stand by some drunk dudes.

Old
12-07-2005, 02:49 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'd say something like "keep the young guns coming!" and then go on about said young guns.

Closed Thread