HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 29 @ St. Louis Blues

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 1 1.92%
Ryan Callahan 2 3.85%
Michael Del Zotto 45 86.54%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 3.85%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Ruslan Fedotenko 1 1.92%
Marian Gaborik 4 7.69%
Dan Girardi 1 1.92%
Carl Hagelin 34 65.38%
Henrik Lundqvist 7 13.46%
Ryan McDonagh 4 7.69%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Anton Stralman 15 28.85%
Other 1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-16-2011, 07:25 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Also RE: Avery - The numbers don't lie. Don't just look at this year, look at the all-time numbers with him in the lineup.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:31 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
The solar system is so humongous big right but if you see that like our solar system and our galaxy and on like the side it was so small you cannot even see it our galaxy is like so huge but if you see the big picture our galaxy is small tiny like dot in the universe like and you think like we have some problems here on the earth we worry about compared to like nothing just be happy don't worry be happy right now

Having said that, time to trade Gabby. Maybe he can find an oil can in his new city.
He's no Brandon "One Goal" Dubinsky now isn't he?

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:33 AM
rholt168
Hank**3

My ignore list is getting fuller. Really? Trading players after hitting a slight rough patch?

rholt168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

This is where the lunatic fringe of the board checks in. Rangers lose two in a row and everyone sucks.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

This is taken from thn.com

Quote:
The Blues and the Red Wings are the only teams that Lundqvist has failed to beat in his career. He's 0-3-0 against St. Louis. ...

St. Louis is 13-0-0 when it scores three or more goals. ...

The game marked only the 11th time in 29 games an opponent has scored more than two goals against New York.

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
This is where the lunatic fringe of the board checks in. Rangers lose two in a row and everyone sucks.
You said it. It makes me wonder how they get any enjoyment out of the sport if they can flip positions on a game-to-game basis. Yea, they lost because Dubinsky/Boyle aren't playing well and Avery isnt in the lineup.

At least the resident clown who wants to trade Gaborik (on pace for 40 goals) is consistent in his opinion.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Great quote from Rodent:

Quote:
I don't know what the issue is with Sean Avery and Torts. Perhaps there's some friction between Aves and the rest of the locker room which motivates his exile. I won't claim to have a read just to impress y'all.

But when the team is on a roll, you've got to wonder why the coach would tamper with chemistry. That 13-2-1 stretch began with the announcement 16 was to be recalled from Hartford. Since his benching, I count more struggles than smiles, more gaffes than grins, more losses than wins.

Just sayin'.

Old
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

and another:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRodent
But after the struggles NYR has displayed against the 1-2-2 in recent tilts, you should anticipate seeing more of the same between now and such time as Tortorella's minions demonstrate consistent ability to beat it.

And there was nothing tonight to dissuade lumberjack hockey practitioners from meting out brutality when Gotham comes to visit because the Rangers have shown that they will neither answer back in the alley nor on the scoreboard.

Old
12-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Also RE: Avery - The numbers don't lie. Don't just look at this year, look at the all-time numbers with him in the lineup.
and I still think hes getting waived today

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Great quote from Rodent:
Yes, Avery adds a ton of chemistry to this team with his 4 minutes of ice-time. A real difference maker.

They were just fine without Avery in Buffalo and vs. Florida over the weekend. The offense went dark the last couple of games, and thats on Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Stepan, Anisimov, etc.

I think its kind of sad that people watch these games and think "Man, we need Sean Avery"

Old
12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
It is the worst possible time to trade Dubi. We'd get peanuts for a potential 60 point player who's having a **** year.
I didn't mean this minute, I mean in general. Dubinsky should've been traded before his most recent contract.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:51 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yes, Avery adds a ton of chemistry to this team with his 4 minutes of ice-time. A real difference maker.

They were just fine without Avery in Buffalo and vs. Florida over the weekend. The offense went dark the last couple of games, and thats on Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Stepan, Anisimov, etc.

I think its kind of sad that people watch these games and think "Man, we need Sean Avery"
But yet, they win with him in the lineup. Can you explain that? I mean, you're quick to point out where they've won without him, yet you dont bring out the numbers with him in the lineup.

Look at the all-time record with him in as opposed to out. NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

Can you honestly say that Eric Christensen brings more to the table than Avery? Christensen is a lump. Other people have said it in here, he sucks the life out of this team. Avery's 4 minutes would trump Christensens 30. Christensen was apparently put in because of shootout concerns and we haven't been in one since he's gotten the call. He's 1-3 on those regardless.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:10 AM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

vCash: 2319
All you people saying Avery or EC, you don't know what the locker room is like. Avery seems to be the type of guy to fire a team up, get under their skin if that's what has to be done. EC just doesn't. He's probably as invisible off the ice as he is on it.

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:12 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
You said it. It makes me wonder how they get any enjoyment out of the sport if they can flip positions on a game-to-game basis. Yea, they lost because Dubinsky/Boyle aren't playing well and Avery isnt in the lineup.

At least the resident clown who wants to trade Gaborik (on pace for 40 goals) is consistent in his opinion.
Thank you! I do not waver in my opinion!

My new nickname for Gaborik is.....wait for it...drumroll please....

Marian "Popsicle Sticks Cromartie" Gaborik

Popsicle Sticks because the guy moves like he's a stick figure made by a pre-schooler with popsicle sticks. Get some dexterity Gabby...Find an oil can...Loosen those limbs!

Cromartie, well the comparisons are endless. How has this not been recognized before. Bad job by me. They both make the big bucks, have high profiles, are fast, shy away from contact at all times, will make a big play now and again, but on a shift to shift/down by down basis they are just scary bad.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
But yet, they win with him in the lineup. Can you explain that? I mean, you're quick to point out where they've won without him, yet you dont bring out the numbers with him in the lineup.

Look at the all-time record with him in as opposed to out. NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

Can you honestly say that Eric Christensen brings more to the table than Avery? Christensen is a lump. Other people have said it in here, he sucks the life out of this team. Avery's 4 minutes would trump Christensens 30. Christensen was apparently put in because of shootout concerns and we haven't been in one since he's gotten the call. He's 1-3 on those regardless.
Avery played in 76 games last year and the team barely made the playoffs. Are you talking about 2007 again, or the streak this season against largely inferior opponents? Fact is, numbers do lie if you're too lazy to jump into the details.

Regarding the value of Avery vs. Christensen, I really dont know. Dont like either one of them; think they're both largely inconsiquential and worthless at this point in their careers. Whats worse, is how Avery becomes a center of conversation when the team is struggling like hes some sort of difference maker. In all my years of hockey, I've never seen that happen with a guy who is in and out of the lineup as a #12 forward.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:16 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Scary bad?

I guess leading the team in goals is scary bad.

Man Gaborik, stop scoring goals and start mucking it up! You can be as good as Brian Boyle or Brandon Prust, hell, maybe even BRANDON DUBINSKY if you tried!

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
JimmyStart*

Ive always felt Avery is better than EC and should be in but not so much better that it matters as much as the numbers indicate. The "Avery effect" is nil in my eyes as of the beginning of last year. He did come up and play very well at first this year. better than he was all last year and I think it was a mistake to scratch him the last two games. Torts maybe thinking AVery could be the slight mistake in what would certainly be two tight, boring a** east-west games...maybe wants him off camera for 24/7, dunno, don't care. Has no bearing oN Artie's scoring streak ending, no bearing oN Dubs not scoring, no bearing on all of our offense disappearing, no bearing on Boyle becoming garbage again

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:29 AM
DrAStuart

Quote:
Avery played in 76 games last year and the team barely made the playoffs. Are you talking about 2007 again, or the streak this season against largely inferior opponents? Fact is, numbers do lie if you're too lazy to jump into the details.

Regarding the value of Avery vs. Christensen, I really dont know. Dont like either one of them; think they're both largely inconsiquential and worthless at this point in their careers. Whats worse, is how Avery becomes a center of conversation when the team is struggling like hes some sort of difference maker. In all my years of hockey, I've never seen that happen with a guy who is in and out of the lineup as a #12 forward.
Just to carry forward the silly correlations going on here....every game we've won this year has been with Boyle and Dubinsky in the line-up. Therefore, logic dictates that neither of them should be benched because if we do we'll lose....

But on the other hand, every game we've lost this year has been with Boyle and Dubinsky in the line up. Therefore logic dictates that they must both be benched for the good of the team.

And for a final bit of statistical nonsense, Avery and EC have each had points in three games. The Rangers won all 6 of those games when either of them got at least one point. Therefore logic dictates that both of them should be in the line up because if either of them gets a point it means the Rangers will win the game.

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAStuart View Post
Just to carry forward the silly correlations going on here....every game we've won this year has been with Boyle and Dubinsky in the line-up. Therefore, logic dictates that neither of them should be benched because if we do we'll lose....

But on the other hand, every game we've lost this year has been with Boyle and Dubinsky in the line up. Therefore logic dictates that they must both be benched for the good of the team.

And for a final bit of statistical nonsense, Avery and EC have each had points in three games. The Rangers won all 6 of those games when either of them got at least one point. Therefore logic dictates that both of them should be in the line up because if either of them gets a point it means the Rangers will win the game.
Yea, but dont you see it? Avery MAKES the other 19 guys on the bench play BETTER. Thats an asset that any team in the NHL would want and need. 29 other teams passed on him when he went through re-entry waivers - need to be careful cause the team might not get as lucky next time.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

You can try to spin it however you want. I'll just sit back on the cold, hard facts.

He being in the lineup doesn't hurt the Rangers in any way. And he's more likely to do something of value than Christensen.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I didn't mean this minute, I mean in general. Dubinsky should've been traded before his most recent contract.
I couldn't disagree more with this. Struggling this year but he has been among the Rangers best players last three years. He is part of the core and should remain. He's NOT only as good as his last game.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
You can try to spin it however you want. I'll just sit back on the cold, hard facts.

He being in the lineup doesn't hurt the Rangers in any way. And he's more likely to do something of value than Christensen.
Yup, Im the one spinning.

The bolded part is a wonderful attribute to have. "Hey, hes better than Erik Christensen!"

What happens when Rupp and Wolski come back? Got any more excuses up your sleeve to find Avery a roster spot?

Old
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Yup, Im the one spinning.

The bolded part is a wonderful attribute to have. "Hey, hes better than Erik Christensen!"

What happens when Rupp and Wolski come back? Got any more excuses up your sleeve to find Avery a roster spot?
Yeah Wolski. I'd much rather have Avery in the lineup.

But hey you know better right? I'm clearly this team has had more success with him out of the lineup than in right?

Old
12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Scary bad?

I guess leading the team in goals is scary bad.

Man Gaborik, stop scoring goals and start mucking it up! You can be as good as Brian Boyle or Brandon Prust, hell, maybe even BRANDON DUBINSKY if you tried!
Popsicle Sticks Cromartie should really go to school on how Hagelin plays. Pretty simple.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Popsicle Sticks Cromartie should really go to school on how Hagelin plays. Pretty simple.
Tell me when Hagelin scores anywhere close to 40 goals in a season.

Thanks.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote