HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Thanks for all the support... Day at a time

Old
09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
My girlfriend of 8 years just told me on sunday she wants to break up or at least live separately for at least 6 months. It's a shocker even tho we fought a lot but we still both care deeply for both. We just bought a apartment a year ago and now we have to sell it it's not even sure we'll be able to sell it with the current financial status here in europe and finland. I'm in bit's and pieces. If there were jobs in Florida I would move over there right now.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

There is no easy answer. If it were ME, I would cut her loose. None of that 'let's take a break' nonsense. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but there will be someone else to come along.

The best thing you can do at this point is to stay busy.

Old
09-08-2011, 04:50 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Man, Sunday is going to SUCK!

As most already know, Sunday is the 10 year anniversary. Watching all these videos, and reading all these articles really brings up a lot of sad, livid, horrific memories of that terrible Tuesday morning. As a former Brooklyn boy, I still feel sorrow for what was taken from my great city, pain for everyone who lost their lives, and anger for everyone thought of the idea, planned the idea, and carried out these plans.

Where were you guys on that day?

I was sleeping. My parents were here in Greece at the time, and my mom called me, screaming that the towers were on fire. I was stuck to CNN for the rest of the day. My brothers wife worked near the towers, and would get off the train right by the towers, and was actually walking up the stairs when the 1st plane hit. My brother and his wife recently had a baby girl then, and he was terrified that he would have to raise the girl on his own, since he couldnt get in touch with her for hours. My brother, who used to work in the Towers for several years, was then stationed somewhere else, with a clear view of what was going on. In the end, my brothers wife was fine. She was able to get out of harms way with nothing more than some scratches.

I would like someone to sticky this, but I dont want it to become political, ie. it was staged, there was bombs, Bush, Sadaam, etc. I just figured that whether you are from New York, Washington, or PA, or not, Sunday is a special day for all of us, and should be remembered.

Old
09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
You guys can feel free to discuss the event in this Panthers Lounge thread (while it's a big topic, it does not require it's own OT thread, just handle it all here). Indeed though, do NOT make this political.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
09-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

I was driving my older daughter to school. I listened to SportsTalk 770am every single morning. At the time, there was a lot of confusion, and the announcer was saying that it was a prop plane. I dropped my daughter off, and drove back home. A few minutes later, the second plane hit. I went back into the school and checked my daughter out for the rest of the day.

Like everyone else, we were glued to the tv for the rest of that day and into the night.

I've been watching the documentaries on it as well, and those same emotions bubble up every time I watch. I am sad that my boys have never known a world where the US hasn't been at war.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:54 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
Anyone else have a Sony net-ready device and Netflix? I can't access Netflix tonight, all I get is a "code 300". I talked to Netflix cutomer support and all the problems come from the Sony devices and this isn't the first time, they are getting lots of calls about it. Thanks Sony, way to treat your customers.

Old
09-08-2011, 10:35 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I was in my senior year of high school. I had just walked into American Government class and saw all of the students crowded around the TV. The first plane had hit and for the remainder of the class and rest of the day basically, we all watched in horror as the second plane hit and both towers came down. About half of the students in my school were picked up by their parents and I remember there were fights in the cafeteria at lunch. The freshman were not allowed to know what was going on, so my sister whom was one at the time had no clue what events had occurred. Every radio station was set to news broadcasts and once we got home from school were pretty much glued to the TV for the rest of the day still in shock. It really doesn't feel like ten years already. It feels absolutely horrible just thinking about that very dark day again.

Old
09-09-2011, 02:17 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I was into the whole JFK thing for a few years at that time....

Comedian Dov Davidoff said something like:
The government doing a 9-11 investigation is like if I was a murder suspect and the police showed up at my door to investigate and I'm like 'nah, I got this, I'm doing my own investigation, I'll let you know if I find anything'

I'm willing to bet damn near all of those who think it was straight up religious terror against infidels never heard of the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

Damn conspiracy theorists. Crazy wackos.

A) People NEVER kill other people for money...especially not billions, trillions of dollars.
B) The government DOES care about its working class taxpayers.

Our uniformed workers give their lives for us, but most people are too far up their own arses with fake sentiments and ceremonies to truly fight for them.

Oh yeah, where was I? At school, freaking out not knowing where the **** my EMT brother was.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 09-09-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old
09-09-2011, 09:51 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Hey Panthers Fans-

Im sincerely sorry to interupt anything September 11 related, as any dilema I encounter will not even compare to those effected by the events of that date. I just had a question for any oe willing to help.

I was curious, anyone on these boards an employee at any of the eight Florida Hospital locations? Or married to anyone eployed there, etc?

Im from Boston, but moving to Florida by March (hopefully closer to January) and Florida Hospital is one of my job location choices. I was hoping someone could give me some kind of input of sorts.

Thank you in advance.

Old
09-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

My 9/11 memory...

I was a freshman in college at UCF in Orlando. I was on my computer in the morning chatting with some other people in an online game. They kept talking about how "this" was a travesty, tragedy, and that it meant war. I asked what on earth they were talking about and they told me to turn on the news.

When I did, that's when I saw the first tower fall. I was certainly in shock, I had been in those buildings before in 1996. Then they mentioned another plane had hit the Pentagon. That's when I freaked out. My parents were in D.C. on vacation and mentioned they were going to take a tour of the Pentagon. I frantically tried to call them and there was no answer; panic set in as I kept trying. Luckily my grandmother called me to tell me she had spoken to them and it was just the phone lines being tied up.

My parents never went to the Pentagon on their trip and wound up being stuck in their hotel for days with other diplomats. They couldn't fly home and had to rent a car to get out of there and get our dog from the vet who was watching him.

That morning I continued my business and went to my American History class in the library where that day we were going to learn about the online system UCF uses for their library. This being American History, I figured the teacher would do or say something, but the class continued as usual. There was a lone TV set up in the library that only a few people were watching. By the time I got out of that class, flyers were going up all over school saying classes were cancelled for the rest of the day.

Inside the Student Union, giant projection screens had already been set up with tons of people gathered around it, watching the news unfold. It's a hard day to forget and I'm lucky that my parents didn't make the tour that day.

Old
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM
p9ers

Hey guys, I didn't knew where to post this, but does anyone know what will be the goal song this season?

Old
10-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Both of my boys were moved to Squirts this season. Cam (8 y/o) scored his first goal, got his first stint in the penalty box (elbowing), and Ty (7 y/o) had a penalty for 'roughing' (it was really just a hip check, but they're not allowed contact yet). I was so proud of them both.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:32 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Both of my boys were moved to Squirts this season. Cam (8 y/o) scored his first goal, got his first stint in the penalty box (elbowing), and Ty (7 y/o) had a penalty for 'roughing' (it was really just a hip check, but they're not allowed contact yet). I was so proud of them both.
Way to go, Cam & Ty!

Old
11-06-2011, 08:55 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
I remember my first goal in hockey, and that was 10 years ago. If he stays with hockey, he will for sure remember that moment.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Awesome! Love stories about your little guys.

12-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Got my Huberdeau signed puck in the mail yesterday, using the NHL.com's auction website. So cool

Old
12-03-2011, 04:15 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
My first goal is a little hazy,, but I'll never forget my first penalty. A kid got by me, and to stop him I threw my stick at him like a javilin toss. Was so upset I started crying in the penalty box

If I only knew the amount of penalty's that were to come...

Old
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Got my Huberdeau signed puck in the mail yesterday, using the NHL.com's auction website. So cool

That is awesome. You said like $30 or something? I should start looking .

Old
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
That is awesome. You said like $30 or something? I should start looking .
Yeah my winning bid was $39, couldn't believe that. The site is here, for the Panthers section anyway as they have every team http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...thers&status=O

You never know as it's an auction, like the last I saw, the Bure signed jersey going for $199.

Keep in mind though, I was also charged shipping and handling and a country fee since the seller I bought from was in Canada. Still very much worth what I got though.

Old
12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
HP ThinkPads for $99 on firesale tonight...

HP ThinkPads for $99 dollars in the last sell off of these discontinued tablets. Awesome deal if you ask me! They can be hacked to dual-boot Android and Web-OS. Article here:

http://blogs.trb.com/features/consum...refurbish.html

So I was totally on top of this deal, placed my bid as soon as they went on sale and... ended up doing it 3 times to no avail. I hit "buy it now" and waited like 10 minutes each time. The hp store on ebay was crashed. By the the time I got to a payment screen they were no longer available! Ridiculous.
FU eBay and FU HP!!!!!!

Last edited by JP Mick: 12-12-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old
12-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Laus723
Future Now

I've had 4 Rangers over the years. They're great trucks and I hope they can find their way back.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...183034573.html

Old
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I've had 4 Rangers over the years. They're great trucks and I hope they can find their way back.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...183034573.html
My late-grandfather bought a custom maroon Ranger brand new in '89. We still have it on the farm. Real good shape. Just last month it finally hit 100,000km. I was driving it on the day it did, something weird that I won't forget.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
My late-grandfather bought a custom maroon Ranger brand new in '89. We still have it on the farm. Real good shape. Just last month it finally hit 100,000km. I was driving it on the day it did, something weird that I won't forget.
Nice! Amazing it's been around that long and just hit 100K, but I guess if it's just been on the farm. They're great trucks.

I've had them as point A to point B vehicles, and then as a work truck for my business. The last one I beat all sorts of hell out of it, ran til it literally fell apart. The engine was still great. Sold it for parts, guy told me the engine's in a different truck now, running like a champ!

Old
12-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Close friend of mine has had his since '95. Just refuses to get rid of it even though he has 4 kids and his is a two seater. The hurricane that went through the north and flooded everything got his truck, too. He thought it was the end of that truck, but no. He let it dry out for a few days, changed the oil and air filter, runs like it did before the flood. Didn't get into the cab, just came up enough to get into the exhaust and the undercarriage areas.

I spent the night at his place one night and was awoken on the couch by a loud bang. Looked out the window to see police lights, and a car speeding off through the lawn. Thought he'd missed the trucks (mine was behind his), but an officer stopped by to get our info. Guy ran a stop sign, went into the wet grass across the street, and spun head on into his truck, slamming it into mine. I thought the banging was the car going over the rocks, but no. Guy got away, doing over 2 grand in damage to my buddy's truck, and over 1 to mine. I traded it in for a '98 Ranger, as I said, Jim's is still going strong.

love those trucks.

Old
12-29-2011, 07:21 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Who is the photoshop expert here?

Closed Thread