Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jaffray and Kulda clear waivers

Old
12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
While Jaffray put in a solid game last night, and likely was as could as we'll see him at the NHL level, I think it will be an absolute blessing to subtract Stapleton, Jaffray and Klingberg from the line-up and add Antropov, Burmistrov and Miettinen.

Bottom line is, is even with these guys looking decent and getting solid opportunities (such as last night), they don't capitalize on them at a level needed for us to be successful. We don't have elite stars on this team, so we need that collective effort and production from everyone, right from the top of the roster to the bottom. While guys like Little, Kane and Wheeler have been great lately, they can't and won't lead the way each game.

My main point is, is while some of these guys are alright and good one some nights (last night), it's simply not "good enough". We need better.

I like Stapleton, and he is a good fit on this team in my opinion, but for me he just lacks the offensive instincts to finish and be productive on the score sheet. I do like him as a depth forward though in the 13th slot. He can provide us with a pretty solid and respectable 5-10 minutes.

Also, when we do get our regulars back, Noel will finally have 4 lines he can trust and rely on.

12-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Like I said in another post, he looked solid last game and no talent? Right, shows what some of you know...
The fact is that Jaffray is not an NHL caliber player. His best moments of the entire year were last night, and they were two failed scoring chances. As a 3rd line player, and before last night when Noel was forced to give him more minutes because of injuries he was only giving Jaffray 5 or 6 minutes a game.

Noel has no confidence playing this guy more than 5 or 6 minutes a game. What does that tell you?

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote