HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic vs Carkner.

Old
12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

vCash: 500
I always assumed the hatred for Lucic was purely jealousy, I honestly don't see how someone could not be a huge fan of the guy on their team.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:33 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
I always assumed the hatred for Lucic was purely jealousy, I honestly don't see how someone could not be a huge fan of the guy on their team.
Until recently anyways. I always liked how he is dirty in the sense that he wants to hurt every opponent, but not injure them. Until the game vs C-Bus where he had tried to go leg on leg on Mackenzie. With more players played like him though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Our 30 goal man is tougher than your goon... awesome.

Lucic is boss.
Why are you trolling Ottawa of all teams?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Lucic, and Clowe

I see these guys as Hybrids. They are as tough as any of the enforcers out there, yet they are not only capable of a top 6 role, they are productive in that role. Plus...It's alot diffent to have players impose thier will against other teams top players. You can have tough guys play 5-7 minutes a night, but how effective is that when they play against other teams 4th lnes?

Chara, and Bieksa

See these guys in the same light. Capable of top pairings, yet they are physical enough to impose thier will on other teams top lines.

Crazy that the B's have two of the players mentioned. Having guysd like that on your squad makes the rest of the team play that much bigger. No wonder the B's took home the Cup last year.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
PS: Lucic's frame (with spine curvature) is meant to be for a 6'6 man. He would be playing @ 255pds if he was just going to be an enforcer, but it would make him a slower skater so, at 220, he is thin compared to what he could be. Just thought that was interesting.
interesting stuff, I didn't know his spine curvature was thats severe. Anyways Lucic gets the edge in that fight against a legit heavy. People who complain about him picking his spots should take note of this one. Lucic, Clowe, and Chris Stewart are probably the only guys who are capable of scoring 25 goals and handling themselves against legit heavyweights

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

for the fight to even be close, let alone an edge victory for lucic just helps define lucic as one of hte best PF in hockey. When someone like him can also net 30goals. So happy he's on our side.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton View Post
My question is what does a Lucic vs Carkner fight have to do with the Habs? You guys...
Absolutely nothing. Ironically enough, it was a Bruins fan who brought it up first (post #4), otherwise it would not have gotten any reaction.

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Impressive showing, but Carkner did just come back from an injury and hasn't had an NHL fight since last January. And no, that's not a homer excuse, I've never liked Carkner.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Oates2Neely

I guess other teams dont see him game to game would be surprised, but most Bruisn fans aren't. Lucic is damn tough, its as if he enjoys scrapping. Imo he prefers scrapping to scoring goals, he just realizes he wouldn't be making 4m+ slary if he were a goon.

Its in his nature to be a beast.. he hits hard, he fights angry, he skates strong, he scores dirty goals. Lucic is a true Bruin, & B's fans love having him on our team & we hope he retires a Bruin. He's got a permanent home here, he's a pleasure to watch.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:41 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Our 30 goal man is tougher than your goon... awesome.

Lucic is boss.
I'm pretty sure carkner usually plays almost as much as lucic so you're point and whole post is pretty much wrong.

Carkner is not a 4 min a night goon...he's a defensive D who will fight with anyone. As for your 30 goals, obviously lucic will produce more then a defensive defenseman.

You made it sound like lucic is a 20min a night guy and carkner a 4 minute a night guy...they're both always around 15ish mins give or take 2 mins.

As for the fight itself, lucic got more punches, but i think the best/hardest punch was when carkner hit lucic when lucic was trying to fix his helmet.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:01 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Every fighter ( especially power forwards ) spot pick. There's a time to go and a time to say no... they know that, but for some reason fans give spot picking a negative connotation because of the ill-perception of cowardliness being the main motivation.
**** look at thornton at the beginning of the year.. he was trying to spark the b's by trying to fight with guys and those dudes decided not too since they didn't wanna give the b's an edge. Those guys he wanted to fight weren't *****es and are known fighters. It happens the only cowardly things that some fighters do is not engaging the known fighter but popping off and trying to intimidate a non tough guy.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I guess other teams dont see him game to game would be surprised, but most Bruisn fans aren't. Lucic is damn tough, its as if he enjoys scrapping. Imo he prefers scrapping to scoring goals, he just realizes he wouldn't be making 4m+ slary if he were a goon.

Its in his nature to be a beast.. he hits hard, he fights angry, he skates strong, he scores dirty goals. Lucic is a true Bruin, & B's fans love having him on our team & we hope he retires a Bruin. He's got a permanent home here, he's a pleasure to watch.
I worked at a country club where he golfed once and he is 3 or 4 years younger than me and he scared the **** outta me. Its the hunch back and also his penchant to smile during violent acts haha. Some of those damn canadians up there are crazy scary haha.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
I think penultimate means next to best. So who's better.

Lucic gets regular crticism for being a spot-picker, and ducking Laraque (in his one year with the Habs). Until this fight - he never really engaged such a scary guy - save Erskine (who beat Lucic handily)...but now Lucic is older/stronger and bigger. I say this fight makes him a heavy. Maybe the toughest player on the B's.
He fought erskine twice.. first time erskine beat him solidly and then he fought him last year and it was a pretty even contest. He fought gleason a few times i believe and I've always felt he was the toughest guy on the b's. I think him and shawn thornton would be a great fight... I just don't ever want to see it.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:29 PM
straka91*

Lucic looked good, Carkner looked rusty as hell. Nice fight though, glad to see Carkner back in the line up.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Oates2Neely

Gotta love the "Carkner was rusty" crowd..lol. Had he won would we hear the "rusty" excuse? Think not. Solid win Lucic. Case closed.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
22Brad Park

It was a good fight,

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:28 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
Yeah, he definitely seems to punch himself out. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that when he fights it's because he's actually pissed off and tends to go all out from the start. This is in contrast to a lot of more savvy enforcers who throw when there are openings as opposed to just trying to take their opponent's head off immediately.
This. Guys like Carkner or our Thornton spread it out; case in point, Carkner throwing a bomb as Lucic went to adjust his helmet. Little things like that make a difference in the fight.

Also perhaps Lucic not fighting nearly as often now has an effect on his endurance during a fight?

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
This. Guys like Carkner or our Thornton spread it out; case in point, Carkner throwing a bomb as Lucic went to adjust his helmet. Little things like that make a difference in the fight.

Also perhaps Lucic not fighting nearly as often now has an effect on his endurance during a fight?
still not sure if his nose is flowing air perfectly, not just in fights he seems to run out of air skating at times, probably affects his endurance all the time

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote