HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
DevsFan30

vCash: 500
Belated Saturday's Activity:

WHL:
Reece Scarlett - 2 assists, +1 in Swift Current's 5-4 loss vs. Kamloops

OHL:
Reid Boucher - -4 in Sarnia's 4-1 loss at Plymouth
Scott Wedgewood - DNP (with Team Canada) for Plymouth
*Mahalak stopped 32 of 33

NCAA:
David Wohlberg - 1 goal, E, 4 shots, won 14 of 29 draws in Michigan's 3-3 tie at #14 Michigan State
*did not score in shootout (MSU won shootout, 1-0)
Jon Merrill - DNP (indefinite suspension)

Seth Helgeson - 1 assist, +1, 16 PIM (triple rough, misconduct) in #2 Minnesota's 6-2 win vs. Michigan Tech
Blake Pietila - -1, 2 PIM (board), 2 shots, won 2 of 4 draws for Michigan Tech

Blake Coleman - +1, 4 shots, 4 blocked shots, won 6 of 10 draws in Miami's 3-2 OT loss at #4 Ohio State
Curtis Gedig - E, 2 shots for #4 Ohio State

Joe Faust - 1 assist (PP), -1, 1 shot in Wisconsin's 4-2 loss at #1 Minnesota-Duluth
Patrick Daly - DNP

Corbin McPherson - -1, 2 PIM (board) 5 shots in #12 Colgate's 1-1 tie vs. #5 Merrimack

Derek Rodwell - E, 2 shots in #19 North Dakota's 1-0 win vs. Nebraska-Omaha

Sunday's OHL Activity:
Reid Boucher - E in Sarnia's 4-2 win vs. Peterborough

Old
12-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Devils Nick30

Is anyone able to actually watch the Sarnia Sting? Why is Reid Boucher so terribly negative? Worst on the team

Old
12-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Scott Wedgewood stopped 22 of 23 shots in half a game of work then 3 of 4 in the shootout. He was the best goaltender in the game for Canada. He was tracking the puck extremely well, smooth in his movements and his glove was on. Scott "Money" Wedgewood as they call him in the OHL was on his game.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Scott Wedgewood stopped 22 of 23 shots in half a game of work then 3 of 4 in the shootout. He was the best goaltender in the game for Canada. He was tracking the puck extremely well, smooth in his movements and his glove was on. Scott "Money" Wedgewood as they call him in the OHL was on his game.
This is certainly very optimistic comment. How do you see his chances to make the final roster/become a starter?

Old
12-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
This is certainly very optimistic comment. How do you see his chances to make the final roster/become a starter?
25% chance I say. Visentin sounds like a lock for at least a spot and it seems Bunz has the inside track on the other. Both let in pretty soft goals last night.

Old
12-12-2011, 08:24 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

he has to repeat this 2? more times. There's no guarantees

Old
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
RogueStatus
Devils-Redhawks

Was at the Miami-Ohio State game this weekend.

Coleman has been playing 3rd line minutes and getting some 2nd unit PP time. He makes his presence known in every game I have been to whether it be on the score sheet or with some big hits. He has been doing more in the hitting column in the games I have been to, I would love to see more of his offensive side because it seems like he has good instincts with the puck.

Gedig impressed me for much of the game, as I expected nothing. He is manning the point on the first PP unit, and seems to be a solid distributor. He likes to rush the puck up the ice himself even if there is another guy open. He did make one massive mistake on Miami's 2nd goal where he was the last man back in his own zone around the blueline, the forward made a simple play on the puck while Gedig tried to make an extra move to get around, this lead to a clean breakaway and goal. Other than that mistake, he played a well rounded game.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueStatus View Post
Was at the Miami-Ohio State game this weekend.

Coleman has been playing 3rd line minutes and getting some 2nd unit PP time. He makes his presence known in every game I have been to whether it be on the score sheet or with some big hits. He has been doing more in the hitting column in the games I have been to, I would love to see more of his offensive side because it seems like he has good instincts with the puck.

Gedig impressed me for much of the game, as I expected nothing. He is manning the point on the first PP unit, and seems to be a solid distributor. He likes to rush the puck up the ice himself even if there is another guy open. He did make one massive mistake on Miami's 2nd goal where he was the last man back in his own zone around the blueline, the forward made a simple play on the puck while Gedig tried to make an extra move to get around, this lead to a clean breakaway and goal. Other than that mistake, he played a well rounded game.
Still, a big guy who's a good distributor is just what the NHL wants made-to-order these days. Nice to hear.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I think Helgeson and Gedig could be nice surprises. From what I've heard and even seen in prospect/college games, they're great skaters for their size.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
RogueStatus
Devils-Redhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I think Helgeson and Gedig could be nice surprises. From what I've heard and even seen in prospect/college games, they're great skaters for their size.
Gedig was a very pleasant surprise to watch play, except for the brutal turnover. I went into the game expecting nothing, but he definitely showed good speed for his size and decent distribution abilities.

Old
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
CerebralGenesis

sounds like he has some kovy in him

I hope wedge can play well for the last couple scrimmages. He can make a case to be on the squad for sure.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Mustangs

Send a message via MSN to Mustangs
Just from watching the highliites it seems that Wedge has been playing some good hockey. Not a lot of goals scored against him.

FYI Devils fans: I have been going to a lot of Barrie Colts games his season. There leading scoreer is a guy by the name of Tanner Person. IN my mind the guy plays a lot like Zach Parise. The skate similar, they dig for the puck simlar (like Zach he moslty wins his battles). If i were the Devils i would be using one of my packages of 2nd rounds to trade up for this guy if possible.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
Just from watching the highliites it seems that Wedge has been playing some good hockey. Not a lot of goals scored against him.

FYI Devils fans: I have been going to a lot of Barrie Colts games his season. There leading scoreer is a guy by the name of Tanner Person. IN my mind the guy plays a lot like Zach Parise. The skate similar, they dig for the puck simlar (like Zach he moslty wins his battles). If i were the Devils i would be using one of my packages of 2nd rounds to trade up for this guy if possible.
He looks soft and one dimensional at WJC camp so far.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:09 AM
dougiebrown

Wedgewood survives the Canadian WJC cuts, and will be their backup goalie.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Mustangs

Send a message via MSN to Mustangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
He looks soft and one dimensional at WJC camp so far.
People look at the stats and because he i so much ahead of everyone they think that he must be doing something different. I have seen hiim get into a few scraps and the way he puts back pressure on the other players is excalty like Parise.

Way to go Wegdewood.I don not remember the last time the Devils had a goalie on team Cnanda. Maybe never.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
Wedgewood survives the Canadian WJC cuts, and will be their backup goalie.
At the start, yes, but you never know he might just steal the job from Visentin later on in the tournament.

I'm so glad he made it, have been wanting to see him in action for a while. We could possibly have two players at the WJC now, Wedgewood and Merrill.

Last edited by FirmestPiano: 12-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
BomaLightDevils

This guy could be a steal i the late round, 93 GP 63 Point in the danish league. Take a look at him at the WJC.

Have played 3 seasons with men in denmark and the kid is 18, has also played with Nichlas Jensen 29 overall Vancouver and is from the same program ass frans nielsen (Islanders) Peter Regin (Ottawa) a good two way center.

11/12 season

Thomas Spelling Blue Fox Herning GP 22 G 14 A 12 P 26

Old
12-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
This guy could be a steal i the late round, 93 GP 63 Point in the danish league. Take a look at him at the WJC.

Have played 3 seasons with men in denmark and the kid is 18, has also played with Nichlas Jensen 29 overall Vancouver and is from the same program ass frans nielsen (Islanders) Peter Regin (Ottawa) a good two way center.

11/12 season

Thomas Spelling Blue Fox Herning GP 22 G 14 A 12 P 26
Interesting name, doesn`t sound Danish at all.

We will. Email Lou so he can tell Conte.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Great to see Wedgewood make Team Canada. He may the back up for now, but if Visentin slips up, Wedgewood will be there to clean up the garbage. One of his biggest assets is his ability to come up in the clutch when it matters most. Can't be a better stage than the World Juniors for him to perform.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
12-15-2011, 09:09 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

TSN Bob McKenzie New Article on Merrill Situation:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=382842

Old
12-16-2011, 11:58 AM
dougiebrown

Just read in the "Charlie Coyle leaves BU, signs with St. John's" thread that supposedly there's chatter that Maxime Clermont may be heading back to the QJMHL.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Just read in the "Charlie Coyle leaves BU, signs with St. John's" thread that supposedly there's chatter that Maxime Clermont may be heading back to the QJMHL.
I think that would be best for him.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
CerebralGenesis

I wouldn't be against that for Clermont. He needs time to play more often and work on his game.

Moose and Marty aren't young guns either and chances will arise, just not this year.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:04 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Just read in the "Charlie Coyle leaves BU, signs with Saint John" thread that supposedly there's chatter that Maxime Clermont may be heading back to the QJMHL.
Gotta say it. Just am programmed to do it. Two different cities.

On Clermont, he really should go to the Q. Better than the ECHL really. Should probably ask for a trade to Shawinigan or Saint John himself. He'll get it and some playoff + mem cup experience.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
That would open up a back-up spot for Timo Pielmeier in Kalamazoo.

Closed Thread