HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Koivu Lower-Body Injury

Old
12-16-2011, 11:12 AM
oilWILDcountry

vCash: 500
How bad is Bouchard's injury? There's no thread on it, I really hope it's not concussion related.

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Per Russo, Koivu could be out several games.

Lines:

Heatley-Cullen-Clutterbuck
Powe-Brodziak-Johnson
Gillies-Almond-Wellman
Peters-Staubitz-???

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
**** ****ity **** **** ****. Mother****ing **** in the jar. What now? Powe in the second line... Then again, at least it's the Isles so we have some hope. Still, ****.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
mnwildgophers

Wow, how many more guys can get hurt?

Bouchard will probably be out for a while. Don't risk it with this guy, he's suffered through such a long time with concussion issues it's better off just letting him get some time off. Latendresse probably won't be back before the playoffs. Seto will be back within a month hopefully. Koivu will miss some games. We need Koivu back. He does everything for us, if we manage to win this game, I'll be impressed.

mnwildgophers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Injuries

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:03 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

In completely made up news...

I'm hearing rumors that the Minnesota Wild have reached out to Owen Nolan, who would not require waivers to sign with an NHL team.

When I caught up with Owen Nolan on twitter this morning, his reply was brief, but forceful.
"No Comment, but I will say that whiny ***** Todd Richards isn't there anymore, so that's a plus."

Now, I should say that I heard gun shots going off in the background, so he may have been hunting, or target practicing.

When I contacted Coach Yeo, his reply was also brief; "No comment, but I always looked up to him when I was a kid..."

More news will follow...

Spoil:
So many things are funny in my head about the ridiculousness of what i just wrote... I'm still chuckling.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:05 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Yay, first Wild game at the X and I won't see Koivu, Lats, Bouchard, or Setoguchi. I want my 80 bucks back

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:12 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
In completely made up news...

I'm hearing rumors that the Minnesota Wild have reached out to Owen Nolan, who would not require waivers to sign with an NHL team.

When I caught up with Owen Nolan on twitter this morning, his reply was brief, but forceful.
"No Comment, but I will say that whiny ***** Todd Richards isn't there anymore, so that's a plus."

Now, I should say that I heard gun shots going off in the background, so he may have been hunting, or target practicing.

When I contacted Coach Yeo, his reply was also brief; "No comment, but I always looked up to him when I was a kid..."

More news will follow...

Spoil:
So many things are funny in my head about the ridiculousness of what i just wrote... I'm still chuckling.
I know the prevailing rumor is that Nolan was a horrible locker room guy, but man we could really use someone like him, at least from an offensive depth perspective. Dude potted 20+ for us; I really liked watching him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
Yay, first Wild game at the X and I won't see Koivu, Lats, Bouchard, or Setoguchi. I want my 80 bucks back
Jeez, at least wait for them to lose first.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Still have Heater and Clutterbuck.

I think Yeo will make the pieces fit. Thats all the guy does is make things fit.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:20 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Where are your seats? xp

I actually am considering getting tickets to the game since I'll be in the cities for the last time until god only knows when. But when I know I won't be seeing Koivu, Lats, Bouchard, or Seto and know that those few players I do see are mostly beaten up, I don't think I want to pay for lower level seats (which the finacee demands if we go).

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:22 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Where are your seats? xp

I actually am considering getting tickets to the game since I'll be in the cities for the last time until god only knows when. But when I know I won't be seeing Koivu, Lats, Bouchard, or Seto and know that those few players I do see are mostly beaten up, I don't think I want to pay for lower level seats (which the finacee demands if we go).
101 section, 4 rows back. Sucks cuz we already have a hotel locked in too :\

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Per Russo, Koivu could be out several games.

Lines:

Heatley-Cullen-Clutterbuck
Powe-Brodziak-Johnson
Gillies-Almond-Wellman
Peters-Staubitz-???
Well, that aint so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
**** ****ity **** **** ****. Mother****ing **** in the jar. What now? Powe in the second line... Then again, at least it's the Isles so we have some hope. Still, ****.
Well the new second is the current third, which has been performing excellently, so its not really all that surprising to see a full-line promotion from third to second as the top 6 pancakes itself into a single line.

New bottom 6 meanwhile looks... eh... I'm gonna wait till after Saturday's game to comment on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
I know the prevailing rumor is that Nolan was a horrible locker room guy, but man we could really use someone like him, at least from an offensive depth perspective. Dude potted 20+ for us; I really liked watching him play.

Jeez, at least wait for them to lose first.
Doesn't John Madden still live in Minnesota? Is he still unsigned? Give him the 4th line center job perhaps?

But yeah... remember when we called up Taffe and I said we'd scraped clean through the barrel and were just digging a hole at that point? Well now were strip mining where previously there was just a standard hole. The barrel has been sold to try to make up some of the cost of the mining equipment, and the miners are working double shifts at minimum wage just to try to find us something we can use at this point. We cant even afford to rent a sandwich vending machine to put in the break room. All we could afford was a bunch of paper bags, of which we gave one to each miner so they would have something to put their lunch in every day since were not paying them enough for them to afford proper lunch boxes.

I wonder how long Houston can withstand having so many of their players called up? Whats our other affiliate? Bakersfield? Have we or Houston done anything with those guys?

Old
12-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Hopefully we'll see Taffe. I thought he had some good chemistry with the team.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:35 PM
State of Hockey

This is the one injury that could change the tide. It certainly did last year.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:39 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Well, that aint so bad.

Well the new second is the current third, which has been performing excellently, so its not really all that surprising to see a full-line promotion from third to second as the top 6 pancakes itself into a single line.

New bottom 6 meanwhile looks... eh... I'm gonna wait till after Saturday's game to comment on that.

New third line might actually play as a second line. I believe they were our top line in Houston last season. That's right, we're so beat up that our current second line played together as a unit in the AHL last season.

Old
12-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
New third line might actually play as a second line. I believe they were our top line in Houston last season. That's right, we're so beat up that our current second line played together as a unit in the AHL last season.
Oh Christ. So we've got a pancaked first line, a third line promoted to second, our AHL first line promoted to third or second, and a fourth line of....I cant think of a good adjective that sounds rantish enough at this point. I'm all tapped out. Just like the Wild.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Wow. No....!!

So many already, although they haven't effect the team play yet. But enough is enough. There must be a limit.

And I think Yeo's active game plan is more wearing than the famous trap. So Wild need their boys and men healthy.

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:19 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
God no to Nolan. The guy was a shell of his former self. Soft and he turned the puck of CONSTANTLY.

Rather just see more ice time and bigger roles to guys like Powe, Gillies, and Johnson.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
LOL WUT @ NHL.com.

Quote:
"Minneapolis Wild captain Mikko Koivu will miss Saturday's visit by the New York Islanders due to a leg injury."

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:25 PM
mnwildgophers

Best part is we play in St. Paul. LOL

mnwildgophers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
LOL WUT @ NHL.com.

Is it wrong that I had to read it 3 or 4 times to notice the mistake?

Old
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

So much for the not being serious stuff....

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:41 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Our faith is being tested...

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Dr Jan Itor

It's not the NYI game that concerns me, but if we are still this shorthanded during the sweep through western Canada, we could lose a lot of ground.

"...hopes Koivu is back before the holidy break" is not a good sign.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
walloftvs

Yep, first game of the season @ the X for me as well. At least I got a steal on the LL tix I bought yesterday.

Hopefully they aren't fakes. Haven't been burned yet.....but if I am this time, at least this game has the potential where I won't care as much.

walloftvs is offline   Reply With Quote