HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings at Predators 12/15 - A Questionable Choice

Old
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Predators were dominated in all but 2 areas last night. The first was, of course, the most important, the scoreboard, it never lies. The second was the physical play. Weber especially was bringing it last night, yeah, Pavel got him once but he physically owned Pavel most of the night and Smithson really threw some major hits last night as well.
i actually think we matched up better last night than we have in a while...the shotcount was lopsided obviously, and Pekka made a few big saves, but really it was just that Datsyuk\Bertuzzi\Franzen line giving us real trouble. It didn't matter who was matched up against it...if that line was out, the puck was in our end and it was staying there. We got far more offensive traction\chances than I'm accustomed to, playing Detroit.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Predsfan80

I've never had a problem with Wings fans that come to the games. This was back when I was a season ticket holder. Most are pretty civil. I have a lot of respect for Babcock and a few other coaches in the lead. Glad that we could get out a win last night. On to the next one.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:52 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

What a big time W! I saw the last couple minutes..and never thought they'd even tie it, let alone win it in reg!

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
go watch the sequence again. Holmstrom does not have position, hillen is in front of the net. Holmstrom comes and doesn't even have to shove hillen to get position. Just kinda glides in and hillen moves for him. Shot is taken and then holmstrom pushes hillen away with ease and pots the rebound. I seriously doubt hillen has been told to play the front of the net like a pansy.

and our pk that has been very good as of late? 10/14 or 71%. before last night, 5 penalties in 4 games helped make it seem like it was doing very well. Our pk has stunk this year, and last night went 0 for 2. and our 4 game losig streak that preceded this nice little run our pk was humming along at 64% or 11 kills in 17 chances. 82.7 for the year, which is 15th, or average. our improved pp offsets it a bit, but to my point, our pk stinks compared to the high level we are used to and hillen is a big part of that.
All I know is both Bouillon and Hillen played their men the exact same way, as did the Wings' defensemen against our guys in front of the net. And regardless of what Crusty says, that is the way defensemen cover those guys in front of the net on the kill these days in the NHL. I agree both Bouillon and Hillen, especially, could have done a better job handling their guys, but this is the way they are taught to play them. They would rather block the shot than allow a tip.

Up until last night the PK had not allowed a goal in the previous 4 games. It now stands at 15th in the league at 82.7%. It needs to get over 85% to be in the top 10, which I think it will. Trotz said last night he has been happy with the kill even though they were dinged twice last night.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:19 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
All I know is both Bouillon and Hillen played their men the exact same way, as did the Wings' defensemen against our guys in front of the net. And regardless of what Crusty says, that is the way defensemen cover those guys in front of the net on the kill these days in the NHL. I agree both Bouillon and Hillen, especially, could have done a better job handling their guys, but this is the way they are taught to play them. They would rather block the shot than allow a tip.

Up until last night the PK had not allowed a goal in the previous 4 games. It now stands at 15th in the league at 82.7%. It needs to get over 85% to be in the top 10, which I think it will. Trotz said last night he has been happy with the kill even though they were dinged twice last night.
you have to take into account that we are not taking many penalties right now too. But that works both ways, have a ton of them, it may inflate the stats a bit due to sheer numbers and practice killing them. Have too few of them, the ones that do go in make the number look terrible. I know what I see, and I see our guys watching too much still on the pk, esp from the d-men.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Thorn1963
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Can't agree more. That line was invisible. SK doesn't skate or work hard. And Fisher just doesn't have the creativity to generate offense. I'd be happy if every time they entered the zone, they dumped it in, had Hornqvist go to the net, let one of Fisher or SK retrieve it and pass it back to the D for a shot with a Hornqvist screen.

It would generate a whole lot more offense than skating in, making some half-assed pass and then turn it over.
Come on really? We are talking about Detroit Red Wings
I think Fisher's line did a good job in shutting down the Dat sucks, Mule and Brutetuzzi line.....

Thorn1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Viqsi for MVP?
At some point one of y'all has to PM Samkow and Double-Shift Lassť to arrange to do a Jackets GDT. It's only fair.

Also... comeback regulation win!

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Oh ****. We have a blue man and a gold man So now they are ripping off two idiots in Vancouver who are ripping off an idiot character on a television show (though I do love that idiot character).
Kill them all. The infection must not spread.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
At some point one of y'all has to PM Samkow and Double-Shift Lassť to arrange to do a Jackets GDT. It's only fair.

I'll do it, though my GDT record isn't very good

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Kill them all. The infection must not spread.
there was also a red man in the 300 level last night.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
One thing that seems to be universal, even among the more casual of Preds fans, is that Crispy is insane

I was at work on Wednesday, and the manager turned on the replay of the Calgary game. Two of them were in the store until the second intermission the night before, and they both missed the entire third period. I didn't ruin it for them, but I did try to watch as much as I could without being lazy. At one point Crispy says something ridiculous and I just sort of laughed and said, "Haha Crispy's drunk again." The manager laughed and responded, "Crispy is freakin' nuts".

At least there's that
I thought he was drunk?

Old
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
there was also a red man in the 300 level last night.

Redman?

Old
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I thought he was drunk?
Just like "Crusty the Clown"

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

I'd be happy to at some point. Let me know when one is available.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Greg1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
ALOT of resiliancy being shown by this PREDATOR team. I was prepairing for a game of keep away while hearing those obnoxious wings fans the final 4 minutes, but what a COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still wondering why there is such a huge problem making simple tape to tape passes by the PREDS throughout so many games- PLEASE WORK ON THIS, BOYS!!!!!
Agreed. There was one series of passes- four or five in a row- last night that all hit the recipient in the skate. Rythmn or timing gets off then gets stuck for bit. I think a lot of times it's fear of turning the puck over, so they don't lead the man like they should. ahem.. smithson

Greg1420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:55 PM
preds1

vCash: 1548
Weber played BIG last night and needs to continue it. Beast defensively and then late in the 3rd in the offensive end.

Good to see and hope he keeps it up.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I'd be happy to at some point. Let me know when one is available.
Like I said, you'd probably have to PM Sam and DSL, or get in just after midnight EST or something. We're not exactly the most organized in the world with our GDTs.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Like I said, you'd probably have to PM Sam and DSL, or get in just after midnight EST or something. We're not exactly the most organized in the world with our GDTs.
And we are?

Old
12-17-2011, 10:04 AM
adsfan

What is the Preds record against Detroit this season? Last year, I believe that Nashville won 4 of 6.

adsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:05 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

1-1

Detroit won the first game 4-1

Nashville won the second game 4-3

(I have a season series bet with a Wings fan friend of mine. Loser pays the winner's bar tab up to $30)