HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any pregame hangout bar before devils game at rock

Old
12-16-2011, 01:28 PM
rambler725

vCash: 500
Any pregame hangout bar before devils game at rock

Is there any bar near the rock that rangers fans hang out at before rangers- devils games. Would like to know a few back with fellow blueshirters before next Tuesday's game. Thanks

rambler725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
GAGLine

There's only 1 bar that I know of nearby. It's just down the street from the front entrance, going away from the train station. I forget the name of it, but they have really good wings.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:26 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
So I see my husband was accidentally using my account!

See below for his response and I can tell you both are good places.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
Is there any bar near the rock that rangers fans hang out at before rangers- devils games. Would like to know a few back with fellow blueshirters before next Tuesday's game. Thanks
They are no Rangers specific ones, but Hellz Kitchen is awesome. Have some of the best burgers I've ever had in my life, and really good wings. My wife's a season ticket holder for the Devils and we go there all the time. They'll be some Rangers fans there, but it's definitely more Devils. But as long as you're civil and not a dick, you'll be fine!

Edison Ale House is another good one, right across from the Rock. Was just there about an hour ago, cause I had to take the Mrs. there to cover the Niedermayer press conference (she's a volunteer for the Devils generals). Another good place, had a grilled balsamic sandwich on a chibatta roll, and sweet potato fries with brown sugar on them...YUMMY!!!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
So I see my husband was accidentally using my account!

See below for his response and I can tell you both are good places.
Lol..whoops.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
ogie

there is a park just a few blocks north of the rock. it's a lovely place remember anything more than '2 for 5' and you are getting ripped off.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:11 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I'm still trying to get tickets for face value somehow haha

12-17-2011, 12:54 AM
CharlestownChiefsESC

STAY AWAY I REAPEAT STAY AWAY FROM HELLS KITCHEN.
1. Its a Devils bar
2. The staff and owner are very disrespectful people

If you want a good bar hit mmm bellos pub on market street. literally right across from newark penn. Good burgers, good variety of tap beer, and over 100 bottled beers.

CharlestownChiefsESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:30 AM
nyrmetros

I second MMBellos as a great place to eat and drink on the cheap.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:57 AM
chamberhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
there is a park just a few blocks north of the rock. it's a lovely place remember anything more than '2 for 5' and you are getting ripped off.
Oh Staten Island....................... Such unfortunate souls.

chamberhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I popped in Hells once or twice before a game and it looks like a solid place. Kind of small though and it can get crowded quick.

12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestownChiefsESC View Post
STAY AWAY I REAPEAT STAY AWAY FROM HELLS KITCHEN.
1. Its a Devils bar
2. The staff and owner are very disrespectful people

If you want a good bar hit mmm bellos pub on market street. literally right across from newark penn. Good burgers, good variety of tap beer, and over 100 bottled beers.
As a Rangers fan, I disagree with that last part. Yes, it IS a Devils bar..but I have never had a problem with the staff or owners. Again, if you are not a dick, you will be fine.

Old
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
nyrmetros

Any cheap tickets for the game?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I second MMBellos as a great place to eat and drink on the cheap.
I third MMMBellos. Excellent bottled microbrews for less than you'd pay for a Bud in Manhattan.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberhands View Post
Oh Staten Island....................... Such unfortunate souls.
yes we are because we have to live with the stink from new jersey wafting across the water.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
yes we are because we have to live with the stink from new jersey wafting across the water.
That's actually the garbage hill your house is on...Oh Staten Island...

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
bscharf

What do you think the ratio of Devils to Rangers fans will be. Im looking to buy tickets today and im just curious

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
What do you think the ratio of Devils to Rangers fans will be. Im looking to buy tickets today and im just curious
Majority of the arena will be Devil fans but there will be a good turnout of Ranger fans like there usually is. All three games I went to last year there were more Devil fans. The most Ranger fans was the game in December where the Devils basically hit rock bottom and I'd say there was between 40 and 50 percent Ranger fans.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
It's defiantly not like Nassau Coliseum where we dominate the building, but a good portion of the crowd will be in blue. I'm expecting a lot of Ranger fans there for sure.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
WeWillWinTonight

I usually drive in but going to try LIRR and Penn to Newark Penn. Any suggestions or advice abOut this trip

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:28 PM
rambler725

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
I usually drive in but going to try LIRR and Penn to Newark Penn. Any suggestions or advice abOut this trip
Once you get off LIRR any NJ transit will stop at Newark so there is one leaving every 5 minutes or so during rush hour..you must buy ticket for train in advance or get with $5 surcharge...once at newark follow the hockey jerseys two blocks to the Prudential Center. If raining take indoor gateway plaza walkway which starts at Penn Station and ends across the street from Rock....beware some devils fans can get rowdy towards the blueshirt crowd but it does take two to tango (honestly we treat them better at MSG even though there are very few that show for Rangers-Devils games at MSG). But all in all it is a fun festive rivalry nite. I will be there wearing the blue.

rambler725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:55 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Once you get off LIRR any NJ transit will stop at Newark so there is one leaving every 5 minutes or so during rush hour..you must buy ticket for train in advance or get with $5 surcharge...once at newark follow the hockey jerseys two blocks to the Prudential Center. If raining take indoor gateway plaza walkway which starts at Penn Station and ends across the street from Rock....beware some devils fans can get rowdy towards the blueshirt crowd but it does take two to tango (honestly we treat them better at MSG even though there are very few that show for Rangers-Devils games at MSG). But all in all it is a fun festive rivalry nite. I will be there wearing the blue.
Unless you're looking for trouble nobody is going to bother you. This isn't Philadelphia.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Yeah the gateway walkway is quicker too probably. The PATH is also an option if you want and it is cheaper. After you get off at Penn, just walk a block from MSG to 32nd and 6th and you'll see the entrances for the PATH either through the Manhattan Mall or in front of the park. You have to take the Journal Square train, get off at Journal Square, and then transfer for the Newark train. It'll let you off at Newark Penn which is where NJ Transit would leave you as well. It's pretty quick too since it will be during rush hour.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Thanks for the info seems to be more convenient than driving and worrying about traffic and parking.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:05 PM
chamberhands

Quote:
No one likes you Staten Island. NYC tries to disown & pawn you off on New Jersey at every turn. New Jersey responds with a collective rolling of the eyes & sucking of the teeth. Yuck.

Staten Island Don't want.

chamberhands is offline   Reply With Quote