HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc

Old
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Typical Hockeys Future....

Martin is an expert at bringing young guys along whether people would care to admit it or not. He's alot closer to the situation than any of you and he knows what he's doing...
Sergei , d'Ags , Lappy , Latendresse ...

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Yeah because the Habs haven't dressed any rookies this year or given them any minutes...

Like...wow...just wow...do you ever at any point read the garbage you post?

Couturier should be playing in the QMJHL, after a good start his play has gone to crap, he played with top wingers and generated nothing, took like 4 penalities and doesn't have a point in over a month(no points in 15 games). I like the kid and he should be a good NHLer, but he doesn't belong there right now.
Don't agree with that, Couturier wouldn't be learning anything in the Q. Look at Seguin last year how the Bruins slowly blended him in, Flyers are doing the same just that now they have injuries and he is filling in. When your dominating juniors, not much left to learn. AHL would be great for young players like that but it's not an option since it's NHL or Juniors at their age

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't agree with that, Couturier wouldn't be learning anything in the Q. Look at Seguin last year how the Bruins slowly blended him in, Flyers are doing the same just that now they have injuries and he is filling in. When your dominating juniors, not much left to learn. AHL would be great for young players like that but it's not an option since it's NHL or Juniors at their age
It's funny you mention Seguin because I seem to recall Bruins fans complaining that he never saw ice-time either. He turned out fine.

Let's face it guys, there is a lot of things to bash martin about and a lot of them are legitmate, but if you think that this idea of limiting the ice time of rookies is unique to Martin, then you don't watch other games. Also, please don't cite me any Couturier crap, he's an expection not a rule.

A couple of weeks ago posters were saying to look out for Andrei Loktionov in the LA game because he's good. I looked long and hard, he got limited minutes playing on the 4th.

Also are people really shocked? Martin is not doing anything different from Carbo, Julien and Vigneault before him in regards to 20 year olds.

Last edited by Andy: 12-16-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:53 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Martin is an expert at bringing young guys along whether people would care to admit it or not. He's alot closer to the situation than any of you and he knows what he's doing...
Yep and we lost another game ! Just saying.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Stradale

Quote:

Oh yeah.. I forgot, he's coaching for over 1000 NHL games right? He can do no wrong. We fans are stupid and doesn't know **** about the game and can't criticized the coach.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:01 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
JM needs to develop darche, he is the true undiscovered talent. Darche needs a minimum of 20 mins a night so he can become a superstar 4th line no energy guy.
Finally a voice of reason!

Darche is an excellent example of how to properly develop a player: no rush, let him bounce around in the AHL for 10 or 12 years to really learn the game, then bring him up to the big club and give him top minutes. He's only 35 years old and has yet to peak in my opinion, and it peeves me that a guy like Leblanc is eating up minutes that should be Darche's. Blame Martin...

However, if we're out of the running for 8th come trade deadline, Pierre Gauthier may have to make a difficult decision. Playoff bound teams seeking the extra "oomph" that a superstar 4th liner no energy guy brings, and who want to spark their power play, will come calling for sure. Yeah the board would go nuts but if we can turn Darche into a high first-round pick, that might be the way to go.

Of course, that would leave a glaring hole in our lineup, but if Gauthier packages Leblanc and a 2nd, we can probably find another 4th liner. Preferably with a huge contract.

Go Habs Go!!!

Last edited by JLP: 12-16-2011 at 12:06 PM.
JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's funny you mention Seguin because I seem to recall Bruins fans complaining that he never saw ice-time either. He turned out fine.

Let's face it guys, there is a lot of things to bash martin about and a lot of them are legitmate, but if you think that this idea of limiting the ice time of rookies is unique to Martin, then you don't watch other games. Also, please don't sight me any Couturier crap, he's an expection not a rule.

A couple of weeks ago posters were saying to look out for Andrei Loktionov in the LA game because he's good. I looked long and hard, he got limited minutes playing on the 4th.

Also are people really shocked? Martin is not doing anything different from Carbo, Julien and Vigneault before him in regards to 20 year olds.
Good point, but those 2 (Seguin and Couturier) made the team right away after being drafted. For example Leblanc had an extra Junior year, played even for TC last year and started in the AHL this year. Might not be as talented as those 2 but is a little more mature and ready IMO. A good example would be Jordan Caron drafted the same year and when he is in the lineup Julien uses him on a regular basis. I think last night Martin made a big mistake in using Leblanc poorly especially after the kid scored

Old
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And..........the point flew right over your head. Yep, missed it completely.

The point is not what Couturier is doing for the Flyers or whether he is a stud or if he is there because of injuries. Hell, I couldnt tell you how many points he has because I am not a fan of the Flyers.

The point that you missed completely is that even after taking a couple of penalties, Couturier was on the ice in the closing minutes. That is a coach showing respect for a young player and developing confidence for that player.

Do you think that Martin would have had Couturier on the ice after taking a couple of penalties? Remember, Martin benched Leblanc for scoring a goal.

Martin does not have a ****ing clue on how to develop young players into confident and productive hockey players.
No, I got your point entirely. You think that the thing to do with a young rookie player is to give him big minutes right out of the gate with prime linemates.

The thing is, basically no one in the NHL does this unless the player is:
1: A fantastic talent that preforms great right from the start.
2: A team so terrible or injured that they have no other options
3: A team that's given up on the season so no reason to not play their kids.

You think its some kind of unique disfunction of Martin to not put much responsiblilty on the rookies when in reality that's just what a coach of a team trying to be competitive will do.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:16 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Good point, but those 2 (Seguin and Couturier) made the team right away after being drafted. For example Leblanc had an extra Junior year, played even for TC last year and started in the AHL this year. Might not be as talented as those 2 but is a little more mature and ready IMO. A good example would be Jordan Caron drafted the same year and when he is in the lineup Julien uses him on a regular basis. I think last night Martin made a big mistake in using Leblanc poorly especially after the kid scored
Agree. The thing is, Leblanc scored last night. That goal should have earned him some more icetime as a reward. That would be an encouragement. Unfortunately, again and again we see that JM prefers negative-reinforcement -- punishment for mistakes, which creates fear-of-failure issues. Sorry not a guy I want around our youngsters.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

For Leblanc's sake, he would be better off returning to the AHL. Seriously, after he scored his first ever NHL goal, being all fired up and having the Bell Centre in a buzz, JM makes him play a grand total of 49 seconds. Way to go Martin! This is really going to help in Leblanc's development

Leblanc should pull a "Pacioretty" and ask to be sent down to the AHL because obviously, Martin and Gauthier aren't smart enough to figure this one out. Can't wait for these two over-rated, over-protected bums to be fired.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:35 PM
deandebean

Oh, the Habs kool-aid is good today. Martin is a fine coach and everything is dandy.

I do not think Leblanc should be playing 20 minutes per game, but 4 mins AND less than a minute after scoring a goal in the 2nd period, while the kid was flying high (and he's a high intensity player), that's bad personel management. Plain and simple. JM doesn't manage a game. He manages a team. And that's the issue at hand here. Difference between him and guys like Laviolette for example.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:36 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I'd really love hear Martin explain this one. Who the hell benches a player after they've scored their FIRST NHL GOAL??
leblanc had just taken THE dumbest penalty i've seen a canadiens player take this year. that's probably why he was benched.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Finally a voice of reason!

Darche is an excellent example of how to properly develop a player: no rush, let him bounce around in the AHL for 10 or 12 years to really learn the game, then bring him up to the big club and give him top minutes. He's only 35 years old and has yet to peak in my opinion, and it peeves me that a guy like Leblanc is eating up minutes that should be Darche's. Blame Martin...

However, if we're out of the running for 8th come trade deadline, Pierre Gauthier may have to make a difficult decision. Playoff bound teams seeking the extra "oomph" that a superstar 4th liner no energy guy brings, and who want to spark their power play, will come calling for sure. Yeah the board would go nuts but if we can turn Darche into a high first-round pick, that might be the way to go.

Of course, that would leave a glaring hole in our lineup, but if Gauthier packages Leblanc and a 2nd, we can probably find another 4th liner. Preferably with a huge contract.

Go Habs Go!!!
Another over-the-top post. You know perfectly well that Leblanc will get more ice time, just as Desharnais and Emelin did, but you don't let that interfere with your rant.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:03 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
For Leblanc's sake, he would be better off returning to the AHL. Seriously, after he scored his first ever NHL goal, being all fired up and having the Bell Centre in a buzz, JM makes him play a grand total of 49 seconds. Way to go Martin! This is really going to help in Leblanc's development

Leblanc should pull a "Pacioretty" and ask to be sent down to the AHL because obviously, Martin and Gauthier aren't smart enough to figure this one out. Can't wait for these two over-rated, over-protected bums to be fired.
The crowd was all pumped up and could have actually helped his team. But know, Mr Martin decides to bench him. Brilliant really.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
leblanc had just taken THE dumbest penalty i've seen a canadiens player take this year. that's probably why he was benched.
The same ones that Scott Gomez and Michael Cammalleri take but keep getting all the ice time in the world? Did Laviolette bench Couturier for his penalties? I'm sorry but Martin really ****ed up last night!

Old
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
The same ones that Scott Gomez and Michael Cammalleri take but keep getting all the ice time in the world? Did Laviolette bench Couturier for his penalties? I'm sorry but Martin really ****ed up last night!
You (and others) imply that the Habs would have won if only JM hadn't been so obtuse as to keep Leblanc on the bench. Yes, he scored a goal, but it was his first. I like this kid but hs name isn't Stamkos.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You (and others) imply that the Habs would have won if only JM hadn't been so obtuse as to keep Leblanc on the bench. Yes, he scored a goal, but it was his first. I like this kid but hs name isn't Stamkos.
Where did I say the Habs would have won the game if Leblanc had played more. Please find the quote. I said he didn't deserve to be benched and other players made mistakes as well, but if Martin is going to start blaming all the players who get penalties, he should start with his veterans and not rookies. Yes Jacques Martin, rookies make mistakes!!! Darche is rewarded cause of what? Cause he can't properly hold his stick and got rewarded with ice time? Come on can't believe some are defending Martin after last night

Stamkos and other rookies started somewhere as well and didn't get benched for stupidities

Old
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Do you think that Martin would have had Couturier on the ice after taking a couple of penalties? Remember, Martin benched Leblanc for scoring a goal.
Honest Question:

Do you actually believe this?

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Clipitar

I just can't believe so many of you guys are still defending JM. Do you you actually think constantly blaming "the youth" is the proper way to make a team grow?

And nobody here is thinking Leblanc should be playing 18 minutes a game. There simply is no rational way to justify him playing 4 minutes while Darche plays 16 min+. And that's not even taking into account his 1st career NHL goal, in his own backyard.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:48 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Did Phylly scored on that PP ? NO !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
onice

Quote:
Dumb as Cammalleri's penalty in the offensive zone?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
this is what amazes me...

it's one thing for a coach to be a hard-ass, and hold players accountable for taking undisciplined/stupid penalties.

it's a totally different thing for a coach to be incredibly hard-ass on rookies, and incredibly lenient with veterans.

kill confidence on one hand, breed contempt on the other. no surprise that there is growing rumors of JM having lost the locker room.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Leblanc's penalty PRECEDED the goal.

And do I honestly believe that Leblanc was benched for scoring a goal?
Yes, I think Martin is that ****ing stupid.
His goal excited the crowd something he wants to do a lot less of. Leblanc was then sacrificed to put out Darche to suck the life out of any knowledgable hockey fan in the building.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Really? I mean really? Are you serious? You really thInk Martin benched LL for a penalty that had no impact in the game and that AFTER LL tied the game up.

Thats probably the dumbest post ive seen in a while. And if you are right that JM did really benched LL for that JM is by far the dumbest coach in the league.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leblanc's penalty PRECEDED the goal.

And do I honestly believe that Leblanc was benched for scoring a goal?
Yes, I think Martin is that ****ing stupid.
His goal excited the crowd something he wants to do a lot less of. Leblanc was then sacrificed to put out Darche to suck the life out of any knowledgable hockey fan in the building.
Very well put. I don't even think you'd have to be that knowledgeable to be able to tolerate Darche playing about half of the 3rd period.

edit: And the thing is...I've never really disliked Darche. He's a heart and soul player, and I appreciate his devotion. Habs do not suck because of him. It's just that JM is pushing all possibly existing buttons to make me grow extremely tired and almost pissed of seeing him on the ice.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote