HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
  #101
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,616
vCash: 500
JM constantly blaming his young players in his post-game interviews is troubling, when you consider on the whole most of our young players are often outplaying the majority of our vets this season.

Where is Cammalleri? Plekanec? These guys are supposed to be our first line.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:41 PM
  #102
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
JM constantly blaming his young players in his post-game interviews is troubling, when you consider on the whole most of our young players are often outplaying the majority of our vets this season.

Where is Cammalleri? Plekanec? These guys are supposed to be our first line.
Cammalleri disappeared. He's a ghost. The corporeal Cammalleri used to score goals but now he's in Gomez limbo.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
  #103
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Honest Question:

Do you actually believe this?
People with a one-track mind believe propaganda if it matches their preconceptions. Never mind how distorted it is. JM]s ears are large, so he must have had an elephant in his family tree. Next we'll hear that JM is the Antichrist or at least the emissary of Satan.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
  #104
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leblanc's penalty PRECEDED the goal.

And do I honestly believe that Leblanc was benched for scoring a goal?
Yes, I think Martin is that ****ing stupid.
His goal excited the crowd something he wants to do a lot less of. Leblanc was then sacrificed to put out Darche to suck the life out of any knowledgable hockey fan in the building.
Do you realize how stupid those comments are? If not, what external event has numbed you to reality?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:58 PM
  #105
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Very well put. I don't even think you'd have to be that knowledgeable to be able to tolerate Darche playing about half of the 3rd period.

edit: And the thing is...I've never really disliked Darche. He's a heart and soul player, and I appreciate his devotion. Habs do not suck because of him. It's just that JM is pushing all possibly existing buttons to make me grow extremely tired and almost pissed of seeing him on the ice.
So the Habs didn't score the tying goal because Darche was on the ice? Well, why wasn't it scored by Pacioretty or Cole or Kostitsyn or Cammalleri or Plekanec or Desharnais or Eller or Nokelainen or Blunden or one of the Dmen?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
  #106
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Honest Question:

Do you actually believe this?
No, he did not bench him because he scored a goal.

It was all a part of the bigger plan for Leblanc by letting him soak up the atmosphere of being on the Canadiens bench led by Martin.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:07 PM
  #107
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
No, I got your point entirely. You think that the thing to do with a young rookie player is to give him big minutes right out of the gate with prime linemates.

The thing is, basically no one in the NHL does this unless the player is:
1: A fantastic talent that preforms great right from the start.
2: A team so terrible or injured that they have no other options
3: A team that's given up on the season so no reason to not play their kids.

You think its some kind of unique disfunction of Martin to not put much responsiblilty on the rookies when in reality that's just what a coach of a team trying to be competitive will do.
You keep missing the point again.

Leblanc is talented enough to get 10-12 minutes.

Four is too little and 20 is too much.

I hope you understand now.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:19 PM
  #108
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
So the Habs didn't score the tying goal because Darche was on the ice? Well, why wasn't it scored by Pacioretty or Cole or Kostitsyn or Cammalleri or Plekanec or Desharnais or Eller or Nokelainen or Blunden or one of the Dmen?
But why is Darche logging top-six minutes when you're a goal behind? Do you (and JM) see something I just can't fathom? Having Leblanc play with Eller, to me, is a better offensive strategy than benching him after his first NHL goal and have Darche and Nokelainen void any offense Eller might be able to bring.

To me Darche is a fringe NHLer who's stick was touched by the hand of god last year, and really seems to have a hard time handling the big league's pace this season. I think Martin should stop analyzing last season's stats sheets and focus on his current level of play. But hey, what do I know!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:55 PM
  #109
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Good point, but those 2 (Seguin and Couturier) made the team right away after being drafted. For example Leblanc had an extra Junior year, played even for TC last year and started in the AHL this year. Might not be as talented as those 2 but is a little more mature and ready IMO. A good example would be Jordan Caron drafted the same year and when he is in the lineup Julien uses him on a regular basis. I think last night Martin made a big mistake in using Leblanc poorly especially after the kid scored
A big reason for his non-usage is the fact that there was a lot of PP opportunities last night. 12:30 in PP for the habs and a lot of PK too, in which he should have been used more but it didn't happen.

He should have played more don't take me wrong but the number of penalties, the fact that we were trailing could have led to JM's decision, not that I agree with him...

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
  #110
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
A big reason for his non-usage is the fact that there was a lot of PP opportunities last night. 12:30 in PP for the habs and a lot of PK too, in which he should have been used more but it didn't happen.

He should have played more don't take me wrong but the number of penalties, the fact that we were trailing could have led to JM's decision, not that I agree with him...
I would agree with your theory if Darche did not play over 15min at even strength.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
  #111
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,472
vCash: 500
And I think that Leblanc should be given 10-12 minutes tomorrow. He earned a little more respect from my part.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
  #112
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,315
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Do you realize how stupid those comments are? If not, what external event has numbed you to reality?
Is there a legitimate reason you can think of as to why Leblanc was benched after scoring a goal?

Is there a legitimate reason to not play a kid with confidence? A kid who's on top of the world? A kid who's future is with this organization?

There is no reason to not give him a few shifts with some offensive players after that goal. There is no reason to not give him a few shifts after that goal. There is no reason to bench a kid after his first NHL goal.

What reality exists where that type of decision is accepted? Defended? Uncriticized? Believed the good for the team? Apparently this one but that is not a reality I want to live in because Martins' decision is stupid.

Let me make this perfectly clear; Whitesnake can back me up here. I am no LL fan boy. I did NOT want to draft him. However, previous desires omitted, you give a young kid a chance especially when he's riding high. You do not shoot him dead in that moment of glory. Instead of enjoying that unique first NHL goal, he's left to debate why he wasn't given any more shifts. What he did to make his coach lose confidence in him.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:59 PM
  #113
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
JM constantly blaming his young players in his post-game interviews is troubling, when you consider on the whole most of our young players are often outplaying the majority of our vets this season.

Where is Cammalleri? Plekanec? These guys are supposed to be our first line.
We all know a young guy probably did something to him when he was young and he has never gotten over it.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:01 PM
  #114
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Is there a legitimate reason you can think of as to why Leblanc was benched after scoring a goal?

Is there a legitimate reason to not play a kid with confidence? A kid who's on top of the world? A kid who's future is with this organization?

There is no reason to not give him a few shifts with some offensive players after that goal. There is no reason to not give him a few shifts after that goal. There is no reason to bench a kid after his first NHL goal.

What reality exists where that type of decision is accepted? Defended? Uncriticized? Believed the good for the team? Apparently this one but that is not a reality I want to live in because Martins' decision is stupid.

Let me make this perfectly clear; Whitesnake can back me up here. I am no LL fan boy. I did NOT want to draft him. However, previous desires omitted, you give a young kid a chance especially when he's riding high. You do not shoot him dead in that moment of glory. Instead of enjoying that unique first NHL goal, he's left to debate why he wasn't given any more shifts. What he did to make his coach lose confidence in him.
Great post WTK. I agree 100%.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
  #115
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Loved his reaction to the goal, all intensity and no celebration. Kid is bursting with the desire to win, supercharged with compete, he's burning the jet fuel of fury, he's like a...Rocket?

Great moment, choked me up a little. First of many Louis LeBut!
Capitaine Sérieux?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:28 PM
  #116
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You keep missing the point again.

Leblanc is talented enough to get 10-12 minutes.

Four is too little and 20 is too much.

I hope you understand now.
I understand perfectly fine. My point was that your example was terrible.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM
  #117
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Louis probably won't ever be a 1st liner, playing in the top 6 might not happen either, hell last year he was considered a 3rd liner.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:13 AM
  #118
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

You keep missing the point again.

Leblanc is talented enough to get 10-12 minutes.

Four is too little and 20 is too much.

I hope you understand now.
Four minutes is definitely too little...better to get his 18minutes+ in the AHL if he's only going to get 4 minutes.

I still don't understand his 4 minutes? (the reasoning behind it).

As long as Louis gets 10minutes (or more) he can learn and develop or else...AHL is better. Four minutes is a ****ing joke.
I'd rather see him get 10-12minutes here and there. We're an injury prone team (thanks mostly to Markov) so Louis will probably stick with the team.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-17-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:03 AM
  #119
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Louis probably won't ever be a 1st liner, playing in the top 6 might not happen either, hell last year he was considered a 3rd liner.
Yeah you got that out of your ass, right?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:29 AM
  #120
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Yeah you got that out of your ass, right?
I've watched him since Midget AAA, I don't think he has that skill level. He was never the most skilled, but his work ethic was amazing, clearly still there, he does have the hockey sense and the drive, but we'll see.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
  #121
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
I've watched him since Midget AAA, I don't think he has that skill level. He was never the most skilled, but his work ethic was amazing, clearly still there, he does have the hockey sense and the drive, but we'll see.
He tore up Midget AAA at 15 and 16, you don't do that with average skill and a great work ethic.

He'll probably never be a 80 point guy, but I look at Plekanec ansd I see a lot of similarities with Leblanc being a bit bigger.

LeBlanc has skill that wins NHL games(hockey sense, plays all 200 feet of the rink, not afraid of traffic to go score) and coaches love moreso than a guy that is flashy(Koavelev Zherdev Filatov Spezza Semin) and brings people out of their seat and makes the highlights.


Last edited by Monctonscout: 12-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:48 AM
  #122
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
I've watched him since Midget AAA, I don't think he has that skill level. He was never the most skilled, but his work ethic was amazing, clearly still there, he does have the hockey sense and the drive, but we'll see.
I agree with you on this.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:49 AM
  #123
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,315
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thank you, LL.

Your personal sacrifice helped get Martin fired.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:56 AM
  #124
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Thank you, LL.

Your personal sacrifice helped get Martin fired.
I think they shoud have given Louis the key to the city.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:14 PM
  #125
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
AKost - Eller - LL

Why not?

At least until Moen comes back.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.