HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc

Old
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
JM constantly blaming his young players in his post-game interviews is troubling, when you consider on the whole most of our young players are often outplaying the majority of our vets this season.

Where is Cammalleri? Plekanec? These guys are supposed to be our first line.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
JM constantly blaming his young players in his post-game interviews is troubling, when you consider on the whole most of our young players are often outplaying the majority of our vets this season.

Cammalleri disappeared. He's a ghost. The corporeal Cammalleri used to score goals but now he's in Gomez limbo.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Honest Question:

Do you actually believe this?
People with a one-track mind believe propaganda if it matches their preconceptions. Never mind how distorted it is. JM]s ears are large, so he must have had an elephant in his family tree. Next we'll hear that JM is the Antichrist or at least the emissary of Satan.

Old
12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leblanc's penalty PRECEDED the goal.

And do I honestly believe that Leblanc was benched for scoring a goal?
Yes, I think Martin is that ****ing stupid.
His goal excited the crowd something he wants to do a lot less of. Leblanc was then sacrificed to put out Darche to suck the life out of any knowledgable hockey fan in the building.
Do you realize how stupid those comments are? If not, what external event has numbed you to reality?

Old
12-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Very well put. I don't even think you'd have to be that knowledgeable to be able to tolerate Darche playing about half of the 3rd period.

edit: And the thing is...I've never really disliked Darche. He's a heart and soul player, and I appreciate his devotion. Habs do not suck because of him. It's just that JM is pushing all possibly existing buttons to make me grow extremely tired and almost pissed of seeing him on the ice.
So the Habs didn't score the tying goal because Darche was on the ice? Well, why wasn't it scored by Pacioretty or Cole or Kostitsyn or Cammalleri or Plekanec or Desharnais or Eller or Nokelainen or Blunden or one of the Dmen?

Old
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Honest Question:

Do you actually believe this?
No, he did not bench him because he scored a goal.

It was all a part of the bigger plan for Leblanc by letting him soak up the atmosphere of being on the Canadiens bench led by Martin.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:07 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
No, I got your point entirely. You think that the thing to do with a young rookie player is to give him big minutes right out of the gate with prime linemates.

The thing is, basically no one in the NHL does this unless the player is:
1: A fantastic talent that preforms great right from the start.
2: A team so terrible or injured that they have no other options
3: A team that's given up on the season so no reason to not play their kids.

You think its some kind of unique disfunction of Martin to not put much responsiblilty on the rookies when in reality that's just what a coach of a team trying to be competitive will do.
You keep missing the point again.

Leblanc is talented enough to get 10-12 minutes.

Four is too little and 20 is too much.

I hope you understand now.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
So the Habs didn't score the tying goal because Darche was on the ice? Well, why wasn't it scored by Pacioretty or Cole or Kostitsyn or Cammalleri or Plekanec or Desharnais or Eller or Nokelainen or Blunden or one of the Dmen?
But why is Darche logging top-six minutes when you're a goal behind? Do you (and JM) see something I just can't fathom? Having Leblanc play with Eller, to me, is a better offensive strategy than benching him after his first NHL goal and have Darche and Nokelainen void any offense Eller might be able to bring.

To me Darche is a fringe NHLer who's stick was touched by the hand of god last year, and really seems to have a hard time handling the big league's pace this season. I think Martin should stop analyzing last season's stats sheets and focus on his current level of play. But hey, what do I know!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:55 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Good point, but those 2 (Seguin and Couturier) made the team right away after being drafted. For example Leblanc had an extra Junior year, played even for TC last year and started in the AHL this year. Might not be as talented as those 2 but is a little more mature and ready IMO. A good example would be Jordan Caron drafted the same year and when he is in the lineup Julien uses him on a regular basis. I think last night Martin made a big mistake in using Leblanc poorly especially after the kid scored
A big reason for his non-usage is the fact that there was a lot of PP opportunities last night. 12:30 in PP for the habs and a lot of PK too, in which he should have been used more but it didn't happen.

He should have played more don't take me wrong but the number of penalties, the fact that we were trailing could have led to JM's decision, not that I agree with him...

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
A big reason for his non-usage is the fact that there was a lot of PP opportunities last night. 12:30 in PP for the habs and a lot of PK too, in which he should have been used more but it didn't happen.

He should have played more don't take me wrong but the number of penalties, the fact that we were trailing could have led to JM's decision, not that I agree with him...
I would agree with your theory if Darche did not play over 15min at even strength.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

And I think that Leblanc should be given 10-12 minutes tomorrow. He earned a little more respect from my part.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Do you realize how stupid those comments are? If not, what external event has numbed you to reality?
Is there a legitimate reason you can think of as to why Leblanc was benched after scoring a goal?

Is there a legitimate reason to not play a kid with confidence? A kid who's on top of the world? A kid who's future is with this organization?

There is no reason to not give him a few shifts with some offensive players after that goal. There is no reason to not give him a few shifts after that goal. There is no reason to bench a kid after his first NHL goal.

What reality exists where that type of decision is accepted? Defended? Uncriticized? Believed the good for the team? Apparently this one but that is not a reality I want to live in because Martins' decision is stupid.

Let me make this perfectly clear; Whitesnake can back me up here. I am no LL fan boy. I did NOT want to draft him. However, previous desires omitted, you give a young kid a chance especially when he's riding high. You do not shoot him dead in that moment of glory. Instead of enjoying that unique first NHL goal, he's left to debate why he wasn't given any more shifts. What he did to make his coach lose confidence in him.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

We all know a young guy probably did something to him when he was young and he has never gotten over it.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:01 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Is there a legitimate reason you can think of as to why Leblanc was benched after scoring a goal?

Is there a legitimate reason to not play a kid with confidence? A kid who's on top of the world? A kid who's future is with this organization?

There is no reason to not give him a few shifts with some offensive players after that goal. There is no reason to not give him a few shifts after that goal. There is no reason to bench a kid after his first NHL goal.

What reality exists where that type of decision is accepted? Defended? Uncriticized? Believed the good for the team? Apparently this one but that is not a reality I want to live in because Martins' decision is stupid.

Let me make this perfectly clear; Whitesnake can back me up here. I am no LL fan boy. I did NOT want to draft him. However, previous desires omitted, you give a young kid a chance especially when he's riding high. You do not shoot him dead in that moment of glory. Instead of enjoying that unique first NHL goal, he's left to debate why he wasn't given any more shifts. What he did to make his coach lose confidence in him.
Great post WTK. I agree 100%.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Loved his reaction to the goal, all intensity and no celebration. Kid is bursting with the desire to win, supercharged with compete, he's burning the jet fuel of fury, he's like a...Rocket?

Great moment, choked me up a little. First of many Louis LeBut!
Capitaine Sérieux?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

I understand perfectly fine. My point was that your example was terrible.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM
BLBarmada

Louis probably won't ever be a 1st liner, playing in the top 6 might not happen either, hell last year he was considered a 3rd liner.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Four minutes is definitely too little...better to get his 18minutes+ in the AHL if he's only going to get 4 minutes.

I still don't understand his 4 minutes? (the reasoning behind it).

As long as Louis gets 10minutes (or more) he can learn and develop or else...AHL is better. Four minutes is a ****ing joke.
I'd rather see him get 10-12minutes here and there. We're an injury prone team (thanks mostly to Markov) so Louis will probably stick with the team.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-17-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:03 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Louis probably won't ever be a 1st liner, playing in the top 6 might not happen either, hell last year he was considered a 3rd liner.
Yeah you got that out of your ass, right?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:29 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Yeah you got that out of your ass, right?
I've watched him since Midget AAA, I don't think he has that skill level. He was never the most skilled, but his work ethic was amazing, clearly still there, he does have the hockey sense and the drive, but we'll see.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I've watched him since Midget AAA, I don't think he has that skill level. He was never the most skilled, but his work ethic was amazing, clearly still there, he does have the hockey sense and the drive, but we'll see.
He tore up Midget AAA at 15 and 16, you don't do that with average skill and a great work ethic.

He'll probably never be a 80 point guy, but I look at Plekanec ansd I see a lot of similarities with Leblanc being a bit bigger.

LeBlanc has skill that wins NHL games(hockey sense, plays all 200 feet of the rink, not afraid of traffic to go score) and coaches love moreso than a guy that is flashy(Koavelev Zherdev Filatov Spezza Semin) and brings people out of their seat and makes the highlights.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 12-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Habs

Quote:
I agree with you on this.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:49 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thank you, LL.

Your personal sacrifice helped get Martin fired.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:56 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Thank you, LL.

Your personal sacrifice helped get Martin fired.
I think they shoud have given Louis the key to the city.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

AKost - Eller - LL

Why not?

At least until Moen comes back.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote