HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I figured the Kane/Enstrom tier was not an option. Stuart sounds intruiging, and I would love to a do Little. What do you think about something like (forgive me if this is awful, I'm not too familiar with these players.

Ryan Ellis + Martin Erat + 2nd ---> Stuart + Little
IMO, not too bad. 2nd may have to be a first to entice them. The hang-up may be Little. Other than Kane, they really don't have much offense (kinda like us). IIRC, Ladd is having a tough year.

Old
12-11-2011, 05:40 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Now that you've watched the Preds for awhile, are there any players on the Jets that you think would be a perfect fit here? Just curious if there's a trade target you guys think we should pursue.
I'd like Kovalchuk/Heatley or Kovalchuk/Hossa please.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:08 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Interesting article in today's AJC about how the ASG is trying to erase the existence of the Thrashers.

Quote:
Outside Philips Arena, a mural commemorating the city’s hosting of the 2008 NHL All-Star Game recently was painted over, erasing visible evidence of the event. Thrashers banners that once hung from the rafters -- among them one that recognized the team’s 2006-07 Southeastern Division title -- are in arena storage.
This quote says it all, I guess:

Quote:
Bob Williams, president of the Hawks and Philips Arena, would not address the mural’s removal other than to say to the AJC in an email: “I don’t deem the subject you inquired about to be newsworthy and therefore don’t feel the need to comment on it.”
It also touches on former Thrash fans, such as myself, starting to follow the Preds:

Quote:
The Nashville Predators, the closest NHL team to Atlanta, have many converted Thrashers fans. The team immediately reached out to the fan base. A flex ticket package, now known as "Thrash to Smash," was created shortly after it was apparent the Thrashers would be sold and moved, according to Chris Parker, executive vice president of sales and marketing for the Predators and Bridgestone Arena.

This is the most successful flex-ticket package offered by Nashville, which markets itself as "Smashville." The Predators also have had an increase in tickets sold to out-of-market teams, especially eastern markets. The Predators and Carolina Hurricanes have been helped by Atlanta’s FoxSports station, which is broadcasting 45 games of each team this season.
Quote:
"I will be honest, there was an element of getting to root for a better team now. I could change allegiances to a better team without feeling guilty.”
http://www.ajc.com/sports/as-memorie...e-1259308.html

Old
12-14-2011, 09:30 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I read that comment from Bob Williams, and am extremely disappointed that someone in such a position would even take that sort of stance. You singlehandedly destroyed a piece of history, and then say - in an email, no less - that you don't deem it newsworthy? Excuse me, but since when did you get to make the distinction of what is and is not newsworthy? A reporter is asking, thus it's obviously worthy of press coverage.

It is my hope that the former fans who read that remark makes him rue the day he ever hit "send" on that email. In practice, however, I'm expecting the thousands of screams in agony to be completely ignored by the millions of other Atlanta denizens.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:02 PM
SilverRiver89

Part of me isn't even surprised that they painted over the mural. I was down there a month or so ago, and I had a feeling it would be the last time I saw it. Should have taken a picture.

No words for the email response

Old
12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
AintLifeGrand

fun fact- my girlfriend carpooled with Bob Williams' daughter.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
This quote says it all...
...and is now in my .sig as a form of protest. That man should be tarred and feathered.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Bongo

I don't think anyone who didn't live here and followed the team throughout his whole ordeal can have any idea just how f*^ked up ASG really is.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I don't think anyone who didn't live here and followed the team throughout his whole ordeal can have any idea just how f*^ked up ASG really is.
I dunno; reading the reports and anecdotes from those who've been part of that gives one a pretty decent clue.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...and is now in my .sig as a form of protest. That man should be drawn and quartered.
ftfy

Old
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Broom of the System

If anyone in ATL is thinking about coming up for Saturday's game against the Blues, I've got a couple of tickets in section 202 that I'll sell for less than half the STH price.

A guy that I worked with offered to buy them for more, but I don't really like him and I'd rather help out a Thrashers fan. PM me if you want them or they'll go to the ****** at work.

Old
12-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
ftfy
Enh. So far as I can tell he's just a spokesperson. It's the ASG brass that require more... dramatic intervention.

Old
12-15-2011, 07:35 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 20000
wow, after reading that I feel like Ive been kicked in the crotch and Im not even an Atlanta fan, thats brutal.

Old
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Enh. So far as I can tell he's just a spokesperson. It's the ASG brass that require more... dramatic intervention.
A bat-tervention?

Old
12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
A bat-tervention?
Bat, lead pipe, shotgun, gasoline and match, jar of honey with anthill and four stakes... whatever gets the job done, really.

Old
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
GreenHornet

It's like I posted in the BoH thread on this story, I'll paraphrase fictional news anchor Tom Tucker...

"I think I speak for all of us here when I say Atlanta $pirit Group and everyone associated with it (including Bob Williams) can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick."

Old
12-16-2011, 09:21 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
...and is now in my .sig as a form of protest. That man should be tarred and feathered.
Wish I was younger and full of that rebellious spirit (that life has beaten down to a relative whimper at this point). Then I could go for a grand gesture that would basically say:

You "forgot". We never will.
THRASHERS

Something public.
With more flair and imagination of course. But you get the just.

The NHL did a good job of white-washing the whole ordeal. Seems like everyone in the Jets organization is under penalty of death if they mention where the team came from (which has the pathology of a 4 year old's denial given the time frame). And since the ASG were the perpetrators of this cluster-F, you knew they were going to follow suit. The lameness/absurdity of that comment doesn't surprise me.

I would prefer a time where someone would be quartered for such remarks. But alas, that's not considered PC these days.

Old
12-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
I would prefer a time where someone would be quartered for such remarks. But alas, that's not considered PC these days.
When I take over the world, that will no longer be a problem.

Old
12-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Wish I was younger and full of that rebellious spirit (that life has beaten down to a relative whimper at this point). Then I could go for a grand gesture that would basically say:

You "forgot". We never will.
THRASHERS

Something public.
With more flair and imagination of course. But you get the just.

The NHL did a good job of white-washing the whole ordeal. Seems like everyone in the Jets organization is under penalty of death if they mention where the team came from (which has the pathology of a 4 year old's denial given the time frame). And since the ASG were the perpetrators of this cluster-F, you knew they were going to follow suit. The lameness/absurdity of that comment doesn't surprise me.

I'm still alive, and therefore, something will happen. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.

Old
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Sunshine36616

Been kind of sad lately. I've usually been to like 20 games by now. I've only been able to make it to 3 Preds games this season and a Glads game. I miss the Thrashers

Old
01-14-2012, 11:20 AM
AintLifeGrand

Going to my first game today with my girlfriend. What is a good spot by the arena to pregame have an appetizer/ throw down some brews?

Re team gear Store do they have any golf apparel ? Plan on dropping some cash to buy preds gear

Old
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Going to my first game today with my girlfriend. What is a good spot by the arena to pregame have an appetizer/ throw down some brews?

Re team gear Store do they have any golf apparel ? Plan on dropping some cash to buy preds gear
This is a discussion for the visiting Hawks fans coming next week but there's tons of things listed and being discussed.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/1...-game#comments

Old
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

I recommend this to everyone...

Blackstone Brewery and Pub. On West End between 19th and 20th ave (take Broadway until it splits. Follow the split to the right. Blackstone is on the right) You can also check out Flying Saucer. Tons of beers. Pretty good food. Lots of Preds fans.

Surprisingly enough the arena has very good food if you look around.

Old
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Oh man.
I really don't want to give ANY money to ASG, but UFC 145 will be in town and it's at Philips Arena...

Then again, I'll have already been in person for UFC on FX at Nashville so I can watch it from a bar or something.

Old
01-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Bongo

I'll be in town tomorrow for the Blackhawks game and will be looking for a good, affordable bar with decent food close to the arena.

Now I've been a Hawks fan longer than some of you have been on this earth and I'll be rooting for them but if the home team plays well, it's a win/win for me.

This will be my first live NHL game since last April. After what happened here last spring, I'm committed to supporting southern hockey teams. I'll be back next month for the Sharks and in march for the Threts.

Closed Thread