HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 29 @ St. Louis Blues

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 1 1.92%
Ryan Callahan 2 3.85%
Michael Del Zotto 45 86.54%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 3.85%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Ruslan Fedotenko 1 1.92%
Marian Gaborik 4 7.69%
Dan Girardi 1 1.92%
Carl Hagelin 34 65.38%
Henrik Lundqvist 7 13.46%
Ryan McDonagh 4 7.69%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Anton Stralman 15 28.85%
Other 1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
It's always the same thing w/fans. Guy hits the first major slump in his career....and it's time to trash then trade him. Always a well thought out and useful mode of thinking combined with a ton of foresight.

The fact that Dubi just signed his first major contract informs much of the thinking that goes into the posts.

Dubi is one of the few players we have that come playoff time can deal effectively with the type of game a physical team like the Blues would come at us with.
People should definitely read this ^

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Johnny Hotrox

[QUOTE/]If I'm starting a team right now I take him before Boyle, Prust, Feds, EC, and Mitchell. And the jury is now out on Dubi; we'll see if he gets out of this funk. So, he shouldn't be the 12th forward and his impact is bigger than what most teams get from who they consider the last guy on the bench.[/QUOTE]

This is why fans are pissed. Torts is not playing his best team and when they look flat, it is frustrating knowing that a tough, fast, physical player who HAS been scoring is not playing.

Did anyone see our players getting run over all over the ice? I'm tired of watching it.

Johnny Hotrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Garv23

So let me get this right...Sean Avery will keep our players from being run? HAHAHAHA! He can barely handle Mike freakin' Mottau! There isn't a player in all of the NHL that is intimidated by Avery.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
So let me get this right...Sean Avery will keep our players from being run? HAHAHAHA! He can barely handle Mike freakin' Mottau! There isn't a player in all of the NHL that is intimidated by Avery.
You're right. He's not going to intimidate. But he will run guys, he will annoy guys. He will stand up when tj oshie or david backes hit a guy late. No one dressed last night stepped up and did any of that. He needs to be in the lineup as part of the puzzle; not the savior.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
All you people saying Avery or EC, you don't know what the locker room is like. Avery seems to be the type of guy to fire a team up, get under their skin if that's what has to be done. EC just doesn't. He's probably as invisible off the ice as he is on it.
You're right, none of us know what the locker room is like. I.e. you can't use hyperbole like this.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Bardof425*

After watching last night's game does anyone still wonder whether we need a guy like McIlrath?

Old
12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Bardof425*

Kreider and his size won't hurt either; nor will JT Miller's toughness.

Old
12-16-2011, 06:34 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I know I'm a little late to the party and if it's been posted I apologize but the best part of last night's game;

-JD's interview. He said some very intelligent and well thought out things on concussions, size of rinks, solutions to the problems, etc.

If things don't work out for him in STL and I wish him luck, he should really have a crack at the Commissioner's job. He just gets it and always puts the game's best interests ahead of everything else.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I know I'm a little late to the party and if it's been posted I apologize but the best part of last night's game;

-JD's interview. He said some very intelligent and well thought out things on concussions, size of rinks, solutions to the problems, etc.

If things don't work out for him in STL and I wish him luck, he should really have a crack at the Commissioner's job. He just gets it and always puts the game's best interests ahead of everything else.
The interview with JD was the best part of the game last night--don't want him to take over Bettman's job though. He would be the lap dog of the owners (most of whom only care about profit) and wouldn't be able to voice his opinion anymore. Hockey needs more people like him.

Increasing the width of the rink (but only to the size the Finns use) is a great idea--unfortunately one that probably won't happen (god forbid owners lose a few rows of their most profitable seats).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:24 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Del Zotto
Hagelin
Strålman

Bad - no penalties the whole game against the Blues but Eminger drew one. No passion at all!

Redden - Christensen mucking it up...lol

Again
With Avery in lineup: 11 - 3 - 2
Without Avery in lineup: 6 - 5 - 2

With Christ in lineup: 10 - 7 - 2
Without Christ in lineup: 7 - 1 - 2
When people go on and on about the record with Avery in the lineup being meaningful I laugh and remember the Rangers record with Malik was always extraordinarily good and how the same people who cite that Avery brings wins ***** on the same thoughts about Malik.

A little consistency? Maybe it's meaningless? Maybe it's not?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:22 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post

The NHL really should increace the size of the ice like the Finns. Imagine all the talent there is in the NHL and give them a litle more space. The game would have bean marvelous and the owners would earn even more money from more seats sold

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:01 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
The NHL really should increace the size of the ice like the Finns. Imagine all the talent there is in the NHL and give them a litle more space. The game would have bean marvelous and the owners would earn even more money from more seats sold
More ice=less seats, no?

So owners in already strong markets (NY, PHI, Canada, etc.) will be vehemently against this.

I do agree though, thinking of players like Giroux and Datsyuk with more open ice is *****-inducing, and would help out smaller/struggling markets.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote