HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rolston Suffers Concussion

Old
12-16-2011, 01:39 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
While I agree with your premise and 99% of the time you are correct (including this case), I don't think you can find one Islander fan who ISN'T happy when DP is hurt and unable to play. Hopefully for Rolston it isn't too serious. As for DP, I hope he never plays again.
I know three of four here and elsewhere, but I won't mention their handles. (hint: Montoya sucks and will never be good and lost two games to prove it)

I'm starting to wonder if the players are working out too much and the added muscle is the issue? The body tenses up and the brain rattles. It's worse every year/The players are bigger every year.

If anyone has time and nothing to do, it might be something to look at.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
DoggyOnDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Yes we can, still counts towards the cap.
sorry what i meant if it turns into a long term if situation ... which seems to be a trend right now ... placing him on long term ir is not an option .... yes he played 65 games last yr so can be on short term ir without cap issues. not that i want to see anyones career end like this but well it is not like there is anything left in his tank.

DoggyOnDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I know three of four here and elsewhere, but I won't mention their handles. (hint: Montoya sucks and will never be good and lost two games to prove it)

I'm starting to wonder if the players are working out too much and the added muscle is the issue? The body tenses up and the brain rattles. It's worse every year/The players are bigger every year.

If anyone has time and nothing to do, it might be something to look at.
The only thing that can add to a brain injury is the speed of the impact and the mass which they impact against. All of which is increasing year-to-year.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Strome18

Wish Rolston a speedy recovery.
I mean with his slapshot, he has taken out DP.
I wonder if his slapshot follow through might have caused his own demise.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:10 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
The only thing that can add to a brain injury is the speed of the impact and the mass which they impact against. All of which is increasing year-to-year.
What I'm wondering is if stronger frames and necks are making for less give on the necks and thus allowing more rattle for the brain inside the skull.

Obviously they're hitting higher and harder than ever before and more flagrantly as we saw with Dallas.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:25 AM
NYI JT91

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
While I agree with your premise and 99% of the time you are correct (including this case), I don't think you can find one Islander fan who ISN'T happy when DP is hurt and unable to play. Hopefully for Rolston it isn't too serious. As for DP, I hope he never plays again.
Im happy when dipi doesnt play and the same with rolston just not happy they are hurt in order for that to happen. Yes I agree I hope dipi never plays again, he needs to retire and save the health he does have left.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote