HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HBO 24/7 Episode 1 12/14

Old
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Ranger109

vCash: 500
Gotta rewatch.

Tonights game will be fun on 24/7.....**** night

Ranger109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Nice boobies.

That'll be all.
...uh, ok, a little weird

::clicks to see full size:::

Oh. I understand now. Well done.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

i love this show...cant wait to watch the next one. It was so amazing.

I thought Hard Knocks was awesome with the Jets...This outdoes it!

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:23 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I love the show and all, but honestly, I can't wait for HBO to get the **** out and the Winter Classic ends, so the team can focus without any added distraction.

Im more interested in winning.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
watch out for those man-eaters
This is off topic, but sweet avatar and signature man!

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:21 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I love the show and all, but honestly, I can't wait for HBO to get the **** out and the Winter Classic ends, so the team can focus without any added distraction.

Im more interested in winning.
Agree. There is something to be said when the team's five game win streak ends the day the cameras start filming and then they go on to lose 4 of 6 during filming. Hopefully they can turn it around in Phoenix.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Jersey Girl

Watched last night after the game...thoughts:

1. If the cameras following the Rangers around are 'making them lose'...or lose focus, or whatever...shame on the Rangers. Doesn't seem to be bothering the Flyers.

2. LOL at people taking what little snippets they've seen regarding officials/players interaction on the ice and deciding who should have said what to whom. We just saw a teeny tiny fraction of what happens...this is a whole dynamic those of us who haven't played in the NHL know nothing about.

3. Hank and Brian Boyle are seriously good looking guys.

4. Wow the plane from Buffalo landed right after midnight...that was quicker than I thought!

5. Geez, Giroux looked like he was barely dinged by Simmonds, but it seems to be bad. Yikes.

6. Will be interesting to see Laviolette's interaction with players when they finally show the Flyers losing.

7. HBO does such a terrific job with these things.

8. Oh my, Woywitka has to pay $2,500 for dinner? Doesn't seem fair, who knows how long the guy will be drawing an NHL paycheck! The only credit cards in the hat should belong to Hank, Gaborik, Richards, Callahan and Dubinsky. Actually, Hank, Richards and Gaborik should each have two credit cards in the hat!

9. Avery's ear to ear grin when he was the first one who saw Anisimov in the locker room made me laugh so hard I had to pause.

10. Surprised at Anisimov's thick accent, and his apparently less than 100% grasp of the English language. I think he was yelling in Russian during the fight. I know it makes sense with the amount of time he's been here, but I just wasn't ready for it.

11. They never mentioned that Laviolette played for the Rangers. I was surprised.

12. LOL did Tony Dungy hear all those F-bombs from the coaches? Holy ********** s***, M**************!!!

13. Still hoping for more deadpan humor from Girardi. I have a feeling the guy is hysterical.

14. The Flyers take Amtrak to DC? Perhaps they had a special train, but those itineraries usually have a LOT of stops!

15. Will be interesting to see Ranger interactions on the current road trip on next week's show.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:26 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

8. Oh my, Woywitka has to pay $2,500 for dinner? Doesn't seem fair, who knows how long the guy will be drawing an NHL paycheck! The only credit cards in the hat should belong to Hank, Gaborik, Richards, Callahan and Dubinsky. Actually, Hank, Richards and Gaborik should each have two credit cards in the hat!
I thought the same thing! That's a healthy chunk of his salary on one meal. Although I guess the fact that most of the time he doesn't have to pay at all may make up for that.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
truebluegoalie

I just read through the 24/7 thread on the main page. Holy crap I didn't realize how many people hate Dubinsky.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:53 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I just read through the 24/7 thread on the main page. Holy crap I didn't realize how many people hate Dubinsky.
I can appreciate where they are coming from.

He skates around the ice and snarls at guys, yet he's no tough guy. Granted, he will drop the gloves, but unless it's Mike Richards, he doesn't do well all that often.

He carries an air of arrogance that has not been earned. He's a decent player that has one solid season under his belt.

He needs to be better this season and chill with the paper tiger looks on the ice like he's going to hurt someone only to NEVER follow through.

I like him, I think he can be an important player for the Rangers this year, but as stated, he needs to be better at putting pucks in nets.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:02 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

He skates around the ice and snarls at guys, yet he's no tough guy. Granted, he will drop the gloves, but unless it's Mike Richards, he doesn't do well all that often.

He carries an air of arrogance that has not been earned. He's a decent player that has one solid season under his belt.

He needs to be better this season and chill with the paper tiger looks on the ice like he's going to hurt someone only to NEVER follow through.

I like him, I think he can be an important player for the Rangers this year, but as stated, he needs to be better at putting pucks in nets.
perfect. didn't want to get into Duby's attitude in the "next to trade" thread, but like you noted, it's totally unwarranted and unearned.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Hockeyplayer99

That was a good show. The Rangers for the most part look like cool guys. Prust is a good guy like an Adam Graves. Dubi does seem like he has an attitude problem. Other then him though even Avery besides his modeling **** looked pretty cool. The Flyers on the other hand most of them look like real *******s. Giroux seemed like a real ***** with his little attitude problem. Simmonds,Hartnell,Briere and that stupid dance they did, come on. The only guys on the Flyers that seemed cool other then Jagr was Bryzgalov. Can't wait to next weeks episode

Hockeyplayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Edgeworth*

Torts looks so awesome :3

Favorite on the show outside of Bryzgalov

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:17 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
That was a good show. The Rangers for the most part look like cool guys. Prust is a good guy like an Adam Graves. Dubi does seem like he has an attitude problem. Other then him though even Avery besides his modeling **** looked pretty cool. The Flyers on the other hand most of them look like real *******s. Giroux seemed like a real ***** with his little attitude problem. Simmonds,Hartnell,Briere and that stupid dance they did, come on. The only guys on the Flyers that seemed cool other then Jagr was Bryzgalov. Can't wait to next weeks episode
Perfect match for that ******* city, anyway.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:38 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
perfect. didn't want to get into Duby's attitude in the "next to trade" thread, but like you noted, it's totally unwarranted and unearned.
Dubinsky is quickly becoming overrated.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Quote:
I watched in 3 times, and none of the Flyers came across as dicks to me. I thought Simmonds seemed like a cool dude, and thought the locker room song/dance thing was funny.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:07 PM
NikC

i thought they looked like morons dancing around to that idiotic song.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:32 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i thought they looked like morons dancing around to that idiotic song.
Song sucks, but still thought it was funny.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Song sucks, but still thought it was funny.
I thought it was funny too. And kind of cute. It really shows how young a team Philly is. They certainly didn't look like Bullies there.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
I watched in 3 times, and none of the Flyers came across as dicks to me. I thought Simmonds seemed like a cool dude, and thought the locker room song/dance thing was funny.
the thing i didn't like was that simmonds decided to talk about race for no reason at all. when he was like "all the guys are good about it." like is he expecting to be bombarded with racial slurs everyday or something?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:45 AM
EEDAWGZ

I Don't really have a problem with Simmonds, but for a professional athlete, he has some chicken legs

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:45 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

I was completely under the impression that the 24/7 guys asked him to talk about it... I highly doubt he just said it because he felt like it.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:54 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I was completely under the impression that the 24/7 guys asked him to talk about it... I highly doubt he just said it because he felt like it.
I agree, really don't think it was completely out of the blue.

12-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Sockosensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I agree, really don't think it was completely out of the blue.
Yeah, it sounded like he was answering a question he's had to answer his whole career, over and over...trying to keep that part of the conversation as boring as possible so they'll ask him something else.

Married men on here will know what I'm talking about

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:37 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Giroux seemed like a real ***** with his little attitude problem.

I didn't think Giroux had an attitude, I think he was just pissed about the concussion, can't say I blame him.

watching it again right now and I just noticed the Bryz. has a tiger on his helmet.