HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have you lost faith?

Old
12-16-2011, 06:24 PM
j52

vCash: 500
I've been a Hab fan since 1957, and "Amen, I say unto you - there is no faith in this team to lose."
The players have either been taught not to hold the puck for more than 1.5 seconds, or they are afraid to do so. I have never seen any team that constantly gets rid of the puck so quickly. I am not talking about crisp passes to a teammate.
They chip it, pass it blindly away, swat it, but don't carry it. Someone show them an old video of the Rocket, The Pocket, Jean, Guy, the Big M, ....
The team is small, the D is weak, Price is not the second coming of J. Plante or P. Roy, and I could outshoot 50% of the forwards. (I wouldn't want $7 million like Gofermez either!)
Molson should spend some money to get some talent in the front office, i.e. GM, coach, and a new scouting dept., and let them rebuild. The Habs have become the Leafs of the 80's. Ug!

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Belso

I lost faith with Martin and Gauthier. The only one left is Molson.

Sorry but this team makes very strange decisions and are losing. What more can I say?

I pray every day that Gauthier and Martin get replaced. EVERY DAY!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:40 PM
j52

Belso, can we arrange for a public prayer service? I will join you.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Sign Tim Tebow right now. The lord and Savior will restore our faith

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:28 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Because you have it all wrong.. He did save our as way more than an elite goaltender should, so you are discrediting the importance he has had so far to keep the team alive versus how bad and lifeless this team has been playing in front of him.. Its basically not humain to play him that much and asking him to be top notch every nights trying to compete alone some nights when his teammates arent even ready to play that game.. And Im not even talking about how many times he has been crushed hard by opponents crashing the net with ease without any resistence cause of the softness of our D core.. Price has no break, he has been by far the main reason why this team is still alive but if we keep playing that bad, the kid is human and will probably have his own let down just like the rest of the team who isnt pushing in the same direction, and when it will happen, you as well as some other guys who just cant appreciate Price at his fair value, will be quick to jump on his back and blaming him for our lack of success..But the reality is different, the reality is that we have being RELYING way to much on our goaltending to save our ass and logically it will catch us back at some point, thats why Martin has to find a way to redress the situation and fast or just bring in another coach who will be able to motivate his guy to play solid hockey for 60 mins..

Just watch a bit of the Leafs, the Pants, the Rags, Wild, even Phoenix, they arent the most skilled teams out there but they show up every night as a group playing a tight and structured game, everything the Habs havent been able to do with consistency since the begin of the season! We have been doing more costly mistakes than all the teams mentionned above put togheter.. and Im half joking..

Gets my point?
I get your point, I just don't agree with it.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:30 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Of course I'm in. So Gomez in Hamilton is the bet right? If he is by miracle traded or anything else bet is off. Gotta be buried in Hamilton!
Tricky guy H4. I say if he is demoted or waived. Same thing I guess...How's that?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:52 PM
dcyhabs

**** Tebow.

It is really depressing to see the habs fold when the other team needs a goal. The vets have quit because they know Martin won't hold them accountable, and the young guys are unmotivated because they know that unless they Pyatt (play defence but don't hit or score) they will get benched. Subban is roughly the same defensively as last year (he still has occasional horrible giveaways though they are more Systematic) but he is worse offensively and Martin is happy. Benching Leblanc after he scored proved the insanity.

The habs are completely, Systematically, unable to hold the lead when the other team is motivated. The personnel does not matter, they have tried everyone. The offense is actually better than I would expect (especially considering whatever is going on with Cammalari), but the total inability to stop other teams makes the team unpleasant to watch.

My only question is whether the team sucks and Martin is dragging them to respectability (better to tank anyway, dump Martin) or whether the team is good and Martin is dragging them down (dump Martin now). I suppose there is a chance the team is mediocre either way and Geoff will lose money by dumping Martin...

Sigh, Kaberle has been OK, but he has Briseboisitis. He cannot keep the puck in at the point. And he does not compensate for not keeping the puck in by playing defense once he abandons the point. At least the PP does not suck as much as it did, and gives up less goals (but still more than most teams) without Plekanec at the point.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Craig71

Why lose faith? It's not over yet. With injuries to Crosby, Pronger and the bewildered Capitals the east is wide open and anything can happen. Only Boston looks legit and anyone can win the east. Don't lose faith, not yet anyway, relax and have a beer it will be ok. I think things will be all right and you never know once the playoffs start. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:18 PM
TheRedKnight

Yes, I lost hope in Martin and Gauthier, it has come to a point that I don't even care if a game is on or not. It's become so boring to watch it's not funny.

Even Subban isn't exciting anymore since he's been castrated, when's the last time he danced up the ice on a rush?

This team has sucked for almost 2 decades, doesn't matter who the owner is, they're in it for the money, not to excite the fans. As long as we losers pay to watch this crap, nothing will happen.

It's too bad, because this team is the most talented we've had in 17years. A little grit and a GM/coaching change way....

TheRedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Captain Saku

Please define 'losing faith'. Faith in what exactly?

Making the playoffs this year? No.
Winning the stanley cup this year? Yes even before the season started.

But one thing for sure is that i lost faith winning the stanley cup with the core we have (mainly speaking about the veterans cammalleri, gionta, plekanec, gomez)

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:31 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Why lose faith? It's not over yet. With injuries to Crosby, Pronger and the bewildered Capitals the east is wide open and anything can happen. Only Boston looks legit and anyone can win the east. Don't lose faith, not yet anyway, relax and have a beer it will be ok. I think things will be all right and you never know once the playoffs start. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boston is the top team in the East again... Then Philly and Rangers. Those three teams are certainly stronger than us.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedKnight View Post
Yes, I lost hope in Martin and Gauthier, it has come to a point that I don't even care if a game is on or not. It's become so boring to watch it's not funny.

Even Subban isn't exciting anymore since he's been castrated, when's the last time he danced up the ice on a rush?

This team has sucked for almost 2 decades, doesn't matter who the owner is, they're in it for the money, not to excite the fans. As long as we losers pay to watch this crap, nothing will happen.

It's too bad, because this team is the most talented we've had in 17years. A little grit and a GM/coaching change way....
I agree with you there. That is the saddest part. As supporting fans we deserve more than this. And most would agree that on paper this team had potential. Martin's been in the League for this long because he's had friends and contacts in the NHL who support him, not because he's anything special. He's average at best and he's clearly not making hockey exciting in Montreal.

Geoff, open your ****ing eyes! Montreal went from the Yankees of hockey to a bunch of under achievers who fight for a playoff spot practically every single year. When Gillett bought the team, you were not selling out anymore. Molson sold because they were not making enough profits. Fans in Montreal can turn on you. We've done it before. And now you bought the team back. Don't let it go down again. Stand the **** up, stop being happy with making the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and turn your team into a cup contender again. It might not happen overnight but you will NEVER get there with Gauthier and Martin. Gauthier has done nothing as GM anywhere. Why would you expect him to do it now. I still watch hockey cause I love hockey. But I'm done supporting your team with the leadership in place.

Old
12-16-2011, 10:54 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Boston is the top team in the East again... Then Philly and Rangers. Those three teams are certainly stronger than us.
The Rangers certainly aren't. They're actually pretty bad and riding percentages -- think Dallas last year. Philly is a bit like that too.

Boston? Sure... so long as the Habs keep having 20% of their club on IR. Then it's a much more interesting question.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:07 AM
S Bah

I am and always will be a Hab fan,faith yes I've got enough for all those that lose their way.The team that's being built from the farm on up is in the best shape it's been in for over a decade easily.Hamilton will be the best farm team the Habs have had since the Nova Scotia Voyageurs of the 70's by the end of next season.The draft choices that join the Dawgs next year are going to be eyepopping for the Dogs fans and Hab fans alike.The defencemen coming are a handful literally,Tinordi,Beaulieu,Pateryn and Ellis represent talent in abundance.Then there are a handful of forwards also they are Steve Quailer,Danny Kristo,Mike Bournival and Brendan Gallagher all of these players are huge talents.So the Dawgs will have eight outstanding talents joining the guys already leading the team like Dumont,Engqvist,Naatinen,Palushaj,Henry,Nash,St.De nis and Stejskal.Depending on whether the Dogs go with Lawson in goal again and sign college star Chris Rawlings as backup goaltending should be a strength as usual.Anyway the point is that the Habs are building the team from the ground up as they did in the 50's,60's and 70's when the Habs had dynasties in each decade.I'm not saying the Canadiens will have another dynasty but they most certainly will be in the fight for the Stanley Cup every year and have a very good chance of winning it all.How's that for faith.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:29 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

But one thing for sure is that i lost faith winning the stanley cup with the core we have (mainly speaking about the veterans cammalleri, gionta, plekanec, gomez)
God, I don't think any team gets a worse "what have you done for me lately" treatment than the Habs. Plek is leading this team in points, yet you've somehow lost faith in him? What about Cammy's past two post-seasons?

The only legitimate player to have "lost faith in" is Gomez. The rest are all suffering under Martin's ridiculous system and have proven to be impact players in one way or another during their time with the Habs.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

Losing faith to me, ragarding the Habs, is losing the pleasure to watch my team play.. When even the wins arent sweet tasting.. When I almost puke every times Gill is on the ice, when I watch the Pleks Cammy line, and there is nothing, no real scoring chances, no constructive effort, no chimestry, absolutely nothing just like 0+0=0.. When our local boy and first round pick gets his first carrer goal and the coach still find a way to turn off everyone by sitting him on the bench, thats watching Subban trying to become an orthodox defenseman when his game is all about fire and emotion.. Thats watching a kid blossoming at his natural position, then switched side and then put on the press box when the kid has already a tough time to learn the language and communicate with people around, what message is he supposed to get? Thats watching our franchise goaltender get abused physically without nobody around to defend him.. thats watching my team so porous, not united and not pushing in the same direction.. thats when watching hockey gives you no more real emotion... when its no more fun to watch.. thats when losing doesnt affect you anymore.. Well, I think I reached that point you know...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Adam91

what faith? faith that is team can maybe reach potential and start humming along as a borderline playoff team? I'm tired of that.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 01:09 AM
leopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Interesting statement. Can't see how I can possibly agree. Montreal is not particularly goaltending-dependent this year. Not that Price has been bad, but with the 18th save percentage in the league, he hasn't precisely been lights-out. Montreal still manages to be one of the 10 best defensive clubs in the game, despite being the most battered club in the NHL, by virtue of strong defensive play -- 5th lowest shot against total. They simply don't need outstanding goaltending, and the goaltending they've received from their goalie tandem has in fact been about average save by the fact that they haven't gotten blown out. And Price has yet to "steal" a game this year, either.

Considering that the Habs are 1-5 in the shootout, in no small part due to below-average goaltending, one could even contend goaltending is costing the team points. But I wouldn't ascribe too much value to the shootout.

I know this goes against the prevailing narrative about Montreal's goaltending, but it's just "okay" so far this year.

Except the 105-point pace record in December, I suppose. Which has pretty much been their pace since game 8 of the season, so it's not just December.

But aesthetically, I doubt the team will improve much until it gets healthier. It's quite impressive how competitive the team has been while constantly playing with 15 million plus on IR. We've seen a salary floor team pretty much all year, small wonder they look bad... well, sort-of bad.
This. All around me I see panic and despair, but really, I've been quite satisfied with the effort and the show the team has given us so far, despite veterans being lethargic, playing hurt or not playing at all, despite blown away leads, and despite pk's one too many missed telegraphed slapshot or spinorama. I'm confident that rebound results are near and puck will roll our way. Good suprises so far this year : cole is rock solid impressive, emelin hits like a train, ak seems motivated more than ever, kaberle 1 pt/game so far, penalty kill gets first class results with crippled defense (annihilating powerplay,s weak stat), so yes, i'm still pretty faithful with the team as it is, coach and staff included. Lachez pas les boys!

leopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:37 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
Quote:
Losing faith to me, ragarding the Habs, is losing the pleasure to watch my team play.. When even the wins arent sweet tasting.. When I almost puke every times Gill is on the ice, when I watch the Pleks Cammy line, and there is nothing, no real scoring chances, no constructive effort, no chimestry, absolutely nothing just like 0+0=0.. When our local boy and first round pick gets his first carrer goal and the coach still find a way to turn off everyone by sitting him on the bench, thats watching Subban trying to become an orthodox defenseman when his game is all about fire and emotion.. Thats watching a kid blossoming at his natural position, then switched side and then put on the press box when the kid has already a tough time to learn the language and communicate with people around, what message is he supposed to get? Thats watching our franchise goaltender get abused physically without nobody around to defend him.. thats watching my team so porous, not united and not pushing in the same direction.. thats when watching hockey gives you no more real emotion... when its no more fun to watch.. thats when losing doesnt affect you anymore.. Well, I think I reached that point you know...
oh that
then yeah Ive lost faith

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:39 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
and whenever I turn on the game anymore I cant decide if Id rather a boring game we win or a good game we lose

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
The SO reflect the kind of team we have.. We have slingshots up front while other teams have young cannons.. Price let alone, no help, no break at all.. poor guy..

Jussi Jokinen is one of the best SO players in the league

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:41 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
I dunno if I'm at that point but yes, I'm getting close. I can't tell you how many times I've ended up just watching a game from behind my laptop screen, or while doing the dishes. I used to watch every game with intensity, now I find it hard to really care about anything that's going on.

The worst thing for me is seeing our young players barely making a dent in terms of ice time. I'm starting to feel like there's no point in following this team because Martin is just gonna ruin all our good young players. I'd rather see the team lose with the young guys (so they can get experience) than have the team perpetually at the .500 mark with a bunch of uninspired vets.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
Belso, can we arrange for a public prayer service? I will join you.
My Prayers were answered!!!!!!!!