Well, we are going to Ukraine and Poland, I want to see some new names we still have 8 month (unlikely with Advokat, but one can hope). U21 beating Portugal today is also pretty cool!
- Dzagoev seems ready.
- I honestly don't think that Shirokov is better then Glushakov, so I think he could be there also.
- Other then those 2, I would say that D. Kombarov and Samedov are the closest.
- Hopefully, Akinfeev comes back strong, I still trust him more then either Slava, Shunin or Ryzhikov.
- Unfortunately, we still don't have anyone better then Igna and the "sisters" at CD. We'll probably have to rely on those guys again.
- Anuykov is starting to show age, but he is still the best RB in the country imho.
- Same is the story with Arshavin. Can't keep him off the field, no one to replace him with at this point.
- Ideally, I would like someone to take over the LB spot so Zhirkov can go back to what he does best, DOMINATE his flank offensively. With that being said, I don't trust Shishkin or Yanbaev. Schennikov is very talented, but he is kind of skinny and injury prone.
- Love former Torpedo guys, Semshov and Zyryanov, but it's time for a change.
- Ionov and Fayzulin have been playing better this year and a call-up to the NT wouldn't be the worst thing, but I don't think they are ready to be starters.
- Kerzhakov or Pav at CF right now easy. Only Pog might be another option. Unless something drastic happens between now and then, I don't see this changing.
- I'm not the biggest Denisov's fan, but he is solid at what he does and it is an important role. I was hoping that Mamaev would start challenging him by now, but judging by the latest news, he has his head up his you know what.
I guess there are others that could step up and I hope they will, we could use some new blood.
As of right now, France is in the 4th basket. So it could be Spain, Germany, Russia and France all in one group.
France would move up to 3rd, if both Portugal and Croatia don't make it.
no need to play guessing game here, I just want to avoid 4 teams: Ukr (host and special love hate relationship), Poland (see Ukr), Spain (we have no chance agianst them) and Portugal (we have a hard time playing against high-skill teams). Make it 5 - Germany as well - we have very little chance against them.