HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedor Tyutin

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
TheRedressor

vCash: 500
Fedor Tyutin

As noted on this board Fedor Tyutin seems to be underachieving latley. Kondratiev was also struggling, but with enough brain cramp mistakes he's finally began to play well. However I don't think thats been Tyutins problem. He knows how to play and to play well. He proved himself before the lockout. His mistakes look like they are comming from lack of intensity. Maybe Renney should consider benching him for a game or maybe a quick weekend trip down to the minors to wake him up a little.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Tyutin played one of his better games of the season yesterday. I doubt he will be benched anytime soon. He might not be playing great but hes getting the job done, hopefully he's developing, can't expect him to turn into that #2 dman overnight.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 12-06-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Anybody ever try to play hockey with a broken finger?? Give the guy some slack..

Old
12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Tyutin played one of his better games of the season yesterday. I doubt he will be benched anytime soon. He might not be playing great but hes getting the job done, hopefully he's developing, can't expect him to turn into that #2 dman overnight.
I can't think of the reasons why this isn't true, but I KNOW inside, that yesterday's game against the Wilds was NOT one of his better games of the season. His passing was bad (I remember one time he tried to pass it out of the zone and almost caused a turnover but another Ranger got to the puck first and cleared it) His best games (no matter how poor he did in some) were at the very beginning of the season, before his injury.

Old
12-06-2005, 05:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
I can't think of the reasons why this isn't true, but I KNOW inside, that yesterday's game against the Wilds was NOT one of his better games of the season. His passing was bad (I remember one time he tried to pass it out of the zone and almost caused a turnover but another Ranger got to the puck first and cleared it) His best games (no matter how poor he did in some) were at the very beginning of the season, before his injury.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who though he played a very good game:

Quote:
Random notes: Fedor Tyutin played his best game of the season by far. Think he benefits from having a solid stay at home partner in Strudwick rather than having to cover for Poti? His buddy Max has settled nicely into his game lately, thanks to the patience shown by the coaching staff with his rookie mistakes
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

Old
12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
He wasnt that sharp yesterday I don't care what the media says. Just because Minnesota couldn't convert his bonehead turnovers last night into scoring chances doesn't vindicate him. Someone needs some serious work on their decision making in the passing game (outlet passing).

Old
12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Every defenseman makes mistakes during the course of a game. If we are going to bench rookies for making mistakes, I think we should be fair and bench our veterans for them too.

There's plenty of blame to go around if you look at it that way.

Old
12-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Jazz

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz
I hope he picks it up - I have him in my draft....

Old
12-07-2005, 03:49 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
I agree that he wont turn into a number 2 overnight, but that lack of intensity is there.

Old
12-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Tyutin played one of his better games of the season yesterday.
You have said this before (earlier in the season).

Old
12-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Big Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Every defenseman makes mistakes during the course of a game. If we are going to bench rookies for making mistakes, I think we should be fair and bench our veterans for them too.

There's plenty of blame to go around if you look at it that way.
No one said bench him for the mistakes. The guy said bench him for lack of intensity. That is a legitimate reason to bench a guy, even a rookie. It is not legitimate to bench a rookie for plain mistakes

Old
12-07-2005, 07:56 AM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Apparently I wasn't the only one who though he played a very good game:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/
I still don't think he played that great, his passing *specifically* was bad, he was lucky if the Wilds didn't intercept it.

Old
12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
You have said this before (earlier in the season).
And?

Old
12-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
No one said bench him for the mistakes. The guy said bench him for lack of intensity. That is a legitimate reason to bench a guy, even a rookie. It is not legitimate to bench a rookie for plain mistakes
Not all players show their emotions on the ice. I seem remember that Zubov was also criticized for "lack of insensity" here too--I'm not comparing the two, just pointing that particular similarity.

And if you are going to bench a rookie for that reason, I can think of veterans on this team have also played with a lack of insensity. If anything, veterans sometimes need a wakeup call even more than a kid.

Old
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Big Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger

And if you are going to bench a rookie for that reason, I can think of veterans on this team have also played with a lack of insensity. If anything, veterans sometimes need a wakeup call even more than a kid.
Bench them then

On lack of intesity/emotions on the ice, there is a difference. There are emotional players but all should play with intesity.

Closed Thread