HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Atlanta

It's great reading on their board right now absolutely killing Modry. I guess they didn't look at any game film on the guy before they signed him?

They are also throwing out names for trades and de Vries, Mellanby, Stephan, and Petrovicky are names coming up a lot for as little as mid round picks. Talk about bottom feeding going to take place in the near future, this club is going to get shakin' up. Has anyone followed Coburn? He was a touted draftee, but not sure about his game now.

Old
12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
It's great reading on their board right now absolutely killing Modry. I guess they didn't look at any game film on the guy before they signed him?

They are also throwing out names for trades and de Vries, Mellanby, Stephan, and Petrovicky are names coming up a lot for as little as mid round picks. Talk about bottom feeding going to take place in the near future, this club is going to get shakin' up. Has anyone followed Coburn? He was a touted draftee, but not sure about his game now.
I'd be willing to take deVries off their hands...

Old
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Osprey

The OLN guys last night mentioned that Modry leads the league in restraining penalties this season (no surprise since hooking, holding and hauling were the cornerstones of his defensive game even before the new rules). They were bagging on him most of the game, saying that he's been mostly bad all season and a real let down for the team. Supposedly, one of those guys is also on the Thrashers broadcast team, so he should really know. I don't know what Atlanta was thinking a year and a half ago.

Old
12-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I'd be willing to take deVries off their hands...
Corvo+3rd

Old
12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Corvo+3rd
You want to unite Modry and Corvo on the same team? The Thrashers are already one of the worst teams in the league. Have a little compassion!

Old
12-07-2005, 08:00 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
The OLN guys last night mentioned that Modry leads the league in restraining penalties this season (no surprise since hooking, holding and hauling were the cornerstones of his defensive game even before the new rules). They were bagging on him most of the game, saying that he's been mostly bad all season and a real let down for the team. Supposedly, one of those guys is also on the Thrashers broadcast team, so he should really know. I don't know what Atlanta was thinking a year and a half ago.
Is he being jammed into a top-4 role again?

Old
12-08-2005, 01:09 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

with a payroll as high, and a team playing as poorly (thought G situation is tough)...you think they would consider trading Hossa or Kovalchuk?

By the way...i think its going to hit BOston really soon how bad the Thornton trade really was...but why did it have to be San Jose!!! We should be looking hard for the next superstar dump, a young guy we can really build around (not trying to offend Frolov fans)....any candidates??? Richards, Lecavelier, Kovalchuk (2nd tier) Havlat, Gomez

Is SJ going to be able to hang onto both Thornton and Marleau? (just going off on tons of tangents here)

Old
12-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

The team is really not playing THAT poorly. They haven't had any goaltending this year. If Lehtonen were healthy, or when he gets healthy, I think they would/will be a much better team.

12-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Osprey

They have an offense that can match most teams in the league. Their problem is goaltending (as you said) and defense (which is mostly all guys who would be #4-#7 defensemen on other teams).

Closed Thread