HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
1) why couldn't this deal have been cemented 3 mo ago?
I would guess that Rundblad's value was higher 3 months ago. He'd just had an amazing season in the SEL at age 19.

Now he's struggled and is -11 in 24 games.

Old
12-17-2011, 04:52 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
I would guess that Rundblad's value was higher 3 months ago. He'd just had an amazing season in the SEL at age 19.

Now he's struggled and is -11 in 24 games.
True, but wasnt Turris value higher 3 mo ago (ie before traning camp?)

IDK, this is one of those trades that can't be judged until a few seasons from now.

Old
12-17-2011, 04:57 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Do you have a link to the rest of it, or the complete version by any chance?
http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=606966

Old
12-17-2011, 05:05 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Nice trade. Got rid of a guy who really didnt want to be here anyway and getting a blue chipper back aswell as a pick. Cant complain about that

Old
12-17-2011, 05:26 PM
BK201

sad day really liked Rundblad good on you guys he is awesome, he needs to improve a lot but it'll come.

Old
12-17-2011, 05:42 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Is Oleg Tverdovsky a good comparable for David Rundblad ?
Hoping for more of an Ozolinsh or Ballard... Not great positionally, but not AWOL either...

Old
12-17-2011, 06:20 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Enjoy Rundblad...you stole this one from us, AINEC!

Hopefully it's a win win!

Old
12-17-2011, 06:46 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Maloney press conference.

http://chirb.it/O9qM2C

Old
12-17-2011, 06:54 PM
kingbrutis

GMDM is the most honest guy in sports. Love it.

Old
12-17-2011, 07:00 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
GMDM is the most honest guy in sports. Love it.
I really like the fact that he takes responsibility for Turris's development or lack there of. I think Our next really good offensive prospect will be handled better. At least I hope so.

Old
12-17-2011, 07:01 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
I have a foggy memory of what Tverdosky used to play like, but I remember him being pretty quick and scrambled a lot. I think Rundbland is more of the silkier ilk. For right handed shooters think Doughty, Green, maybe Zubov. Obviously those are all really good players, just talking style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Wow great pass. Thanks for posting that.
Too bad our forwards won't be able to handle that.

EDIT: Maloney said Zubov was a good comparison. Also made a jab at the scouting department talking about their lack of success with 2nd round picks.

Last edited by PHX FireBirds18: 12-17-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old
12-17-2011, 07:09 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post

Too bad our forwards won't be able to handle that.
Ha! Very true

Old
12-17-2011, 08:12 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

They have to be banking on moving some of this D in a few years for Forward returns. Only way this teams core makes any sense. But I'd rather have a D with potential than a Forward with no potential.

Not say I think Turris's possibilities are done but they were clearly done with the Coyotes the second he held out.

Old
12-17-2011, 08:48 PM
BoneShow

I was really hoping for Brassard, even though it was a pipe dream but Runbald is a stud in the making. Plus this gives us a lot of D assets to possibly flip for forward scoring hopefully, another great trade by GMDM, can you imagine what he could do with an owner and a decent budget?

Old
12-17-2011, 09:14 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Hey guys, Sens fan coming in peace.

DR7 is going to have to make major adjustments to his game if he's going to be a star in the NHL. Like it's been mentioned a billion times, he doesn't have the time or space to do the things on the ice in North America that made him elite in the SEL. The game is way faster here, your decision making has to be fast and thats where his biggest flaw lies. He gets caught thinking too much and not reacting. He gets pressured and makes bad decisions with the puck.

That said he has tons of great parts to his game too. He's a rookie so he's obviously going to make mistakes, I often gave him the benefit of the doubt due to the fact he's still adjusting. DR7 has ice in his veins, he rarely gets rattled, but it also can come across like he's not giving his all. He has a laid back personality and that rubs some people the wrong way. Makes people think he's not working as hard as he could be but thats often just because he's so naturally skilled that he makes things look so easy. He has tremendous vision and outlet passes (it'll either be on your stick or the other teams stick). He will wow you with his hands on the blue line, so silky smooth. But it'll also cause you to almost have a heart attack sometimes because one misstep and its a break away the other way. He also is pretty good at getting his wrist shot on net. He doesn't wind up for many slappers.

I was/am a big Rundblad fan, I wish him and you guys the best of luck.

Old
12-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Kaizen

January 24th the Senators come to town.

It will be interesting to see if the anybody takes a run at Turris.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Cowen Time

With Runblad gone, I'll share an important tip! The proper pronunciation of his name is just as it is spelled - Runblad. Not Roooonblad like most announcers like to do to sound like they are Euro cool. It's similar to Henrik Lundqvist, and you don't say Henrik Looooooooooooondqvist!

I think this trade is going to be a win win for both teams. Sens have a lot of quality young D and this balances the front and back end. you have got a great raw talent that will "get it". Karlsson looked similar in his first year.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Alfredsson11

Magic Number 7 - youtube it...

Old
12-17-2011, 10:21 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
With Runblad gone, I'll share an important tip! The proper pronunciation of his name is just as it is spelled - Runblad. Not Roooonblad like most announcers like to do to sound like they are Euro cool. It's similar to Henrik Lundqvist, and you don't say Henrik Looooooooooooondqvist!

I think this trade is going to be a win win for both teams. Sens have a lot of quality young D and this balances the front and back end. you have got a great raw talent that will "get it". Karlsson looked similar in his first year.
This is not true, and you lost all you credibility when you said his name is said like it is spelled, and then spelled it wrong.

It is pronounced Roondblad, and if you want to get technical you roll the R a bit. The U is stressed and sound like an oooh.

The kid's going to be a star, and I'm very annoyed that the Sens gave him up for a some punk cry-baby. Turris better proove me wrong.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:40 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

PRO: Rundblad sees the ice better than anyone. Very cerebral.

CON: Rundblad seems to think that hockey is like playing chess, so he doesn't seem to bring any intensity ever.

Not overly happy about the trade so that's a good thing for you guys.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:00 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
This is not true, and you lost all you credibility when you said his name is said like it is spelled, and then spelled it wrong.

It is pronounced Roondblad, and if you want to get technical you roll the R a bit. The U is stressed and sound like an oooh.
As far as the pronounciation goes, if you intend to pronounce it in swedish neither of those two ways are correct (it's more like somewhere in between). The U is pronounced exactly as in Lundqvist, but on the other hand I've never heard an english speaking pronounce his name correct either. It's probably easiest if you just give up and pronounce it like it would be pronounced in english.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
As far as the pronounciation goes, if you intend to pronounce it in swedish neither of those two ways are correct (it's more like somewhere in between). The U is pronounced exactly as in Lundqvist, but on the other hand I've never heard an english speaking pronounce his name correct either. It's probably easiest if you just give up and pronounce it like it would be pronounced in english.

Thank you. Looks like making a typo makes people stop reading

What drives me nuts is the announcers that pronounce it Rooooondblad.

Interview with Dorion of the Sens and Swedish media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5SS1EDRJUU

Agree with the other poster though, not a good spot to mess up with spelling. Been a long day, I do know how to spell it. Sorry for the brain burp.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Rundblad compares a lot to Tomas Kaberle. He is primarily a passer and plays a calm, smooth game but is average in his own end and sometimes makes risky decisions. His passing is his MO. His wrister is good but his slapper is weak. Every once in a while he'll throw a big hit but don't expect it much. In order to reach his max he'll have to get an opportunity on the top powerplay team.

Old
12-18-2011, 12:00 AM
hbk

It's a deal we had to make. Turris was done as a Coyote. He wasn't a good fit and after the holdout debacle this was the natural conclussion.

In terms of value we did better than that magic 3rd rounder that everyone said we would be stupid not to take a few short weeks ago.

That being said. We need another top 4 d man like we need a hole in the head. We're stacked to say the least. We are going to need to consider dealing for either a top forward prospect/player or utilize prospects and/or draft picks to move up to select a forward at this years draft. Keep in mind this is a draft heavily concentrated on D with fewer than normal forwards projected as high picks (partially what was likely motivating Ottawa to include a pick when they have a player of Karlson's ability who is going to log 25+ minutes per season for the next decade anyways).

My feeling on the return is a little mixed. I've seen Rundblad play at the WJC. I thought he was overrated to be honest as I thought he kept getting fed PP time when in my mind OEL was the superior player (although less flashy). Then he was traded at the draft for a mid first rounder which kind of shocked me to be honest as I thought that was a overpayment on behalf of the Senators. Then Rundblad has a monster season last year and the hype machine ramped up on him. I didn't fully buy it but when you hear Maloney talk of him as if he may be the next Zubov I took a step back again. It sounds like we really like him and see him as a key piece after Playfair is able to work with him to improve his effectiveness in the D zone (which he has a track record already with the improvement we've seen with Schlemko this year).

Regardless though, we will need to move some bodies. Rozsival becomes more and more attractive as we near the deadline. Aucoin is in the last year of his deal as well and could be moved as a rental. I could see Schlemko moved as well to be honest.

The 2nd is a 2nd. We haven't had a good track record with 2nds. We may use it to move up. With our new Director of Scouting we may actually begin to hit some paydirt on these picks. God knows we are due.

Old
12-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I'd say we have a very, very over abundance of dmen

Yandle/OEL/Aucoin/Klesla/Schlemko/Summers/Demo/Rozy/Rundblad

According to my count that is 9 d, and only 6 spots to play them, so I'm expecting somewhere down the line that we can package 2 of them for an upgrade for Chipchura.

Closed Thread