HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I view a team cancer to be someone who disrupts the locker room chemistry. I didn't know some had the new dressing room wired. Freamon and McNulty would like to have a word with you...
i do too

Old
12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
Thought it would be worth mentioning that Ted Black said on WGR on Thursday morning that the Sabres would be open to sending yet more players to Rochester in order to free up cap space.
I believe that player is Boyes and it would be a smart move

Old
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
I believe that player is Boyes and it would be a smart move
God it's unbelievable how many people want to just throw Boyes away right now. Do people realize he was our third best forward when he got hurt? If he's moved for a pick because we got someone else and we need the money, fine. Just burying him? Extremely stupid.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
Thought it would be worth mentioning that Ted Black said on WGR on Thursday morning that the Sabres would be open to sending yet more players to Rochester in order to free up cap space.
Some people are assuming, and rightly so, that it means a current player. It could also mean that they would put that salary in Rochester to facilitate a trade. Maybe take a Kotalik to keep from sending either quality or quantity of prospects the other way.

Last edited by Digable5: 12-16-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old
12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
They don't need to bury Boyes. Plenty of teams would take him for a draft pick.

Old
12-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
God it's unbelievable how many people want to just throw Boyes away right now. Do people realize he was our third best forward when he got hurt?
he had a solid 4 game stretch... calling him our 3rd best forward is only pointing out how terrible Leino, Roy, Stafford and Adam were playing at the time... and Ennis, Hecht, and Kaleta were out injured.

Old
12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
he had a solid 4 game stretch... calling him our 3rd best forward is only pointing out how terrible Leino, Roy, Stafford and Adam were playing at the time... and Ennis, Hecht, and Kaleta were out injured.
I can't argue against the fact that everyone else was playing poorly and others were hurt, that's clearly true. But I would say it was longer than 4 games. He played well almost the entire season, he just wasn't getting the playing time, especially on the PP, for it to be very noticeable. Certainly the 5 or so games before he got hurt when he was playing on the first unit PP (which has fallen off since) and on the second line (with Leino and Stafford) were very solid. Regardless of how you look at it, he certainly doesn't deserve to be buried in Rochester, which was my main point.

Old
12-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
I can't argue against the fact that everyone else was playing poorly and others were hurt, that's clearly true. But I would say it was longer than 4 games. He played well almost the entire season, he just wasn't getting the playing time, especially on the PP, for it to be very noticeable. Certainly the 5 or so games before he got hurt when he was playing on the first unit PP (which has fallen off since) and on the second line (with Leino and Stafford) were very solid. Regardless of how you look at it, he certainly doesn't deserve to be buried in Rochester, which was my main point.
Boyes' season can be summed up thusly:

PP = Very Good
ES = Useless

3 ES points in 21 games are 4th liner numbers.

Old
12-16-2011, 04:12 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
God it's unbelievable how many people want to just throw Boyes away right now. Do people realize he was our third best forward when he got hurt? If he's moved for a pick because we got someone else and we need the money, fine. Just burying him? Extremely stupid.
Look at his ice time:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

He is a 4th line player on this team and he should be moved. The prospects have come and outperformed him.

Old
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
sabresandcanucks

I'd trade Gerbe for Turris in a heartbeat. People are under rating Turris big time here. Late last season he was starting to come into his own. In the Detroit series he was one of the few forwards that the wings struggled to contain at times. He finally is developing into the top six forward he was drafted to be prior to his hold out. Living in Vancouver we get a lot of Turris updates as he is from the area...honestly the kid is not the locker room cancer he is made out to be. The yotes have admitted they botched his development so the blame ought not to completely fall on his shoulders for his lack of success in Phoenix.

I have heard the yotes want a top prospect and a pick for him, so it would likely be armia and a second...or Kassian and a third...something like that. If it was just Gerbe that's a no brainer trade. You can get pugs much more cheaply than you can get potential top line skill.

It's a risk to be sure, but not as much as it is made out to be by some.

And I would not entertain moving Roy as part of the deal for Turris.

Old
12-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
I'd trade Gerbe for Turris in a heartbeat. People are under rating Turris big time here. Late last season he was starting to come into his own. In the Detroit series he was one of the few forwards that the wings struggled to contain at times. He finally is developing into the top six forward he was drafted to be prior to his hold out. Living in Vancouver we get a lot of Turris updates as he is from the area...honestly the kid is not the locker room cancer he is made out to be. The yotes have admitted they botched his development so the blame ought not to completely fall on his shoulders for his lack of success in Phoenix.

I have heard the yotes want a top prospect and a pick for him, so it would likely be armia and a second...or Kassian and a third...something like that. If it was just Gerbe that's a no brainer trade. You can get pugs much more cheaply than you can get potential top line skill.

in no world I'd move Armia or Kassian + pick for Turris

Old
12-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

holy cow thats manure

Old
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I wouldn't want them moving Gerbe for Turris. Draft pick or non-roster assets, sure, but Gerbe or even Tropp? Not so much. Filatov went for a third, Turris probably holds more value but not all that much more.

12-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I wouldn't want them moving Gerbe for Turris. Draft pick or non-roster assets, sure, but Gerbe or even Tropp? Not so much. Filatov went for a third, Turris probably holds more value but not all that much more.
i think your farther off then you think cappy

Old
12-16-2011, 06:35 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
i think your farther off then you think cappy
Maybe I'm just thick skulled, you're saying Turris is less much more valuable than Filatov?

Old
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Gm dm has gone on record saying the asking price is a top prospect and a pick for Turris on Phoenix radio. Though that was a month ago. If Turris struggles that will drop.

I know everybody is in love with the kids but you gotta give to get...the yotes are not going to just give him away.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Maybe I'm just thick skulled, you're saying Turris is less much more valuable than Filatov?
opposite... i think Turris is worth significantly more then Filatov was traded for.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:18 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
opposite... i think Turris is worth significantly more then Filatov was traded for.
Agreed. He was 3rd overall pick, showed improvement over the course of last season, and plays center whereas Filatov's a winger. And if he ever found his potential, Turris would at worst be a nice 1b-2a option for whatever team he played for. I'd trade a guy like Roy for Turris and a pick. Although the guy I'd love to trade Roy for would be Hanzal, but that's not gonna happen.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
sabresandcanucks

As per tsn....Turris trade is close to being done. The asking price is a top prospect or a lesser player and some picks. From DD.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Jame
Dream '16

i'd trade Ennis for Turris +
(+ being high pick or prospect)

Old
12-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Gm dm has gone on record saying the asking price is a top prospect and a pick for Turris on Phoenix radio. Though that was a month ago. If Turris struggles that will drop.

I know everybody is in love with the kids but you gotta give to get...the yotes are not going to just give him away.
Yep, I've read that. And at this point, I'd be surprised if he finds a "top prospect" who isn't past being a "top prospect", someone who's luster is tarnished (like Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson from Edmonton). Turris has held out, been poor since returning and doesn't fit with the coach. It's going to hurt his value.

Hell, Filatov was a 6th overall pick and garnered a third. Turris is more valueable, but he's not going to return what he was drafted at by any means. He's a flawed reclaimation project right now, but one who the Sabres may be able to turn out. A second and another non-roster prospect type would be my comfort level with the risk. If someone wants to go significantly higher than that, more power to them.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Yep, I've read that. And at this point, I'd be surprised if he finds a "top prospect" who isn't past being a "top prospect", someone who's luster is tarnished (like Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson from Edmonton). Turris has held out, been poor since returning and doesn't fit with the coach. It's going to hurt his value.

Hell, Filatov was a 6th overall pick and garnered a third. Turris is more valueable, but he's not going to return what he was drafted at by any means. He's a flawed reclaimation project right now, but one who the Sabres may be able to turn out. A second and another non-roster prospect type would be my comfort level with the risk. If someone wants to go significantly higher than that, more power to them.
I think that is fair...but I'm not sure filatov is the best comparison...Turris has shown more substance at the NHL level in my opinion.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
THE BUZZ: Talk in Buffalo is the Sabres would trade Derek Roy and Drew Stafford if they can find takers ...
Quote:
In Carolina, both Tim Gleason and Bryan Allen will be unrestricted free agents and the feeling south of the Mason-Dixon Line is there is little chance the Hurricanes will re-sign them, particularly Gleason
http://m.torontosun.com/2011/12/16/f...g?noimage=true

Old
12-18-2011, 01:16 AM
LandofLincoln

3 way B. Ryan to Chicago & P. Kane to Sabres

3 way for Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:
Buffalo 1st rounder 2012, Chicago 1st & 5th rounder 2012 + Bryan Bickell

To Chicago from Anaheim: Bobby Ryan

To Chicago from Buffalo: J. Pominville, C. Ehrhoff,

To Buffalo from Chicago: Patrick Kane, S. Montador & A. Brunette